Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
INXS Special from early 90s about "Full Moon, Dirty Hearts"

Hey all,
Does anyone have a copy of this special from the early 90s. It had the videos from the album and interviews about the songs. Does anyone remember that?

Re: INXS Special from early 90s about "Full Moon, Dirty Hearts"

Hi Chad

yeah I remember this. They ran the film a couple of times (late 1993 and again in early 1994). Your memory may be playing tricks on you though, as there were no interviews. The Full Moon Dirty Hearts film is all conceptual videos linked with shots of a huge overgrown tree decorated in picture frames, each frame containing an apparent portal to a different song/video. This was a Richard Lowenstein film who made a lot of INXS videos in the '80s and was intended for release until the album stiffed making it very difficult to find now. If you get in touch with me I can get you copies of all the clips used in the film, although some of the 'tree' segues have been edited out.

Leigh

I would have to agree with Chad. I distinctly remember seeing this too. It would have been shown late '93 and it did have the band talking between tracks. It must have been a special promo made for TV different to the one Leigh is talking about. I remember after watching it, I wish I had recorded it. I remember the band talking about Chrissy Hynde and Ray Charles (who contributed on tracks). It's exactly like The 'Diva' special by Annie Lennox which was shown on Ch7 in early '92 when the album was released. It had Annie talking in between tracks and snippets of all/most tracks, but it is different to the 'Diva' DVD which is in the stores today. (that's because I have both)

The only one I have seen is the pure music video version with the clips linked with the tree & picture frame shots. This long-form video has never been commercially released, although rage has shown all the individual clips (but not the linkage shots) a few times, most recently on 17 Oct 2009 (http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s2716059.htm), and five of the 12 clips made it on to the original extended edition of INXS DVD compilation "I'm Only Looking".

The promo VHS copy of this programme appears in second hand markets extremely rarely. I had a chance in 2004 to pick up a copy from a trader in France but very foolishly passed it up as he wanted too much for it. I have more money and less sense now, but unfortunately not back then . I have never seen it available since, despite signing up to a number of watchlists.

If I remember correctly, I saw this special in January 1994 on Rage (it was after I came back from a trip to Hong Kong). It was on I think before the top 60, in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

I remember the INXS special being on a commercial network - probably Ch.7 in late '93. There must be two types - a promotional video form and a promotion one made for TV with the band talking between tracks.

I'm not certain that I remember band members speaking in between the videos, but I definitely saw the full 'Full Moon, Dirty Hearts' video promo on Rage in Jan '94.

Michael, the INXS special was on Channel 9, not Channel 7 and this special was hosted by Richard Wilkins.

Thanks Nicholas, you have now confirmed that I'm not crazy or lying. . It wouldn't have been an MTV special? cause I'm pretty sure MTV wrapped up in mid '93 as Ch.9 only had a 6 year deal with them.