Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage Retro 2013 Week 1 Individual Timings Listing

OK folks, here we go :) Countdown stuff in bold. As a "just in case" measure I'd probably set your timers for 2 or 3 minutes either side of the start times you want to record. Been spot on the last couple of years though so should be fine unless (heaven forbid) a playout computer crashes or something else happens.

1.10am: Countdown - December 9th 1984
2.04am: Countdown Promo from early 1980's
2.06am: Countdown - June 19th 1983
3.01am: The 7.30 Report - Report on Stryper, June 19th 1987
3.06am: Stryper - Calling on you
3.10am: Twisted Sister - I wanna rock
3.14am: Kiss - God gave rock 'n' roll to you II
3.19am: Countdown - March 30th 1980
4.13am: Edge Of The Wedge - June 24th 1986
4.41am: Tactics - Second language
4.43am: Sailor - Girls, girls, girls
4.47am: Countdown - Interview with David Bowie, November 10th 1978
4.53am: David Bowie - D.J.
4.57am: Countdown Promo - April 1987
4.58am: Countdown - March 15th 1987
5.58am: Countdown Promo - Promo
5.58am: GTK Promo - 1971
6.00am: GTK Sherbet Special - Live at the Capitol Theatre
6.30am: Show close

Re: Rage Retro 2013 Week 1 Individual Timings Listing

Thanks for posting this Frank. As excited as I am about the 1987 episode, I don't know if it justifies staying up until 6am to watch it live. I might just record and watch it the next day.

No worries mate :)

THANKS for the individual timings! SO much Early 80s HEAVEN this weekend, thank gooooodness!!!!!!

Better than I expected as there is no repeated episode amongst those listed. There are common clips but they have linked them in with rarer material so it looks like they have made an effort to find things.

The 1983, 1984 and 1987 episodes were all high up on our suggestions list so it is fantastic that Rage have considered our input. Can't remember who voted for them but that is a nice result:

An edited extract of the voting that I submitted:-
"1983
9 votes May 8 (Eurogliders)
6 votes June 19 (Bonnie Tyler)

7 votes Dec 2 (Molly)
6 votes Oct 14 (Los Trios Ringbarkus)
3 votes Dec 9 (Molly)

6 votes Feb 22 (David Reyne)
5 votes March 15 (Cockroaches)"

They have also tried to look after 70 fans without repeating a 70s episode. Racey were big in 1979 so this episode from early 1980 will feel much more like a 1979 show. There was a lot of 50's style retro in the late 70's with the Grease movie and bands such as Ol' 55, Silver Studs etc and Racey were just another group playing that sort of music.

Would be great if the Judy Tzuke episode also makes it as I remember a few people enquired about it.

Not sure if the GTK Sherbet Special has aired before. It will be different to the Countdown Sherbet Special they aired a few years back.

It even has a full episode of Edge Of The Wedge just for Jason. I found an Edge Of The Wedge promo on one of my Beta's recently.

All up I am very happy with this night. Now all I need is Aug 1 1982 with Eurogliders or the other 1981 Ignatius Jones show or Koo De Tah from 1985.

Looks like a great line-up tonight and worth the very long wait for January! Hope Rage show the 82/83 Eurogliders shows this year - they look like great ones.

Here's to tonight!

That was a great start to Retro. Found I enjoyed the Racey episode more than I thought I would.

Guru Bob
That was a great start to Retro. Found I enjoyed the Racey episode more than I thought I would.

One thing I loved about this episode is the un-interrupted music clip of Patrick D Martin's 'I like 'lectric motors'.

I was shocked to see no watermark for the first 2 clips or so of the first Countdown episode... and then it reared its ugly head

ohnoitisnathan
I was shocked to see no watermark for the first 2 clips or so of the first Countdown episode... and then it reared its ugly head

YES, I noticed that too Nathan!

Arghhhhh

Individual Timings were spot on.