Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retro 2013 week 1 playlist

Saturday night:

Saturday, 5 January 2013

01:00am

COUNTDOWN December 9th, 1984
COUNTDOWN PROMO From Early 1980s
COUNTDOWN June 19th, 1983

02:00am

THE 7.30 REPORT Report on Stryper, June 19th, 1987
STRYPER Calling On You
TWISTED SISTER I Wanna Rock (Warner)
KISS God Gave Rock and Roll To You II (Polydor)
COUNTDOWN March 30th, 1980

03:00am

EDGE OF THE WEDGEJune 24th, 1986

04:30am

TACTICS Second Language (Independent)
SAILOR Girls, Girls, Girls
COUNTDOWN Interview with David Bowie, November 10th, 1978
DAVID BOWIE D.J. (EMI)
COUNTDOWN PROMO April, 1987
COUNTDOWN March 15th, 1987
COUNTDOWN PROMO Promo
GTK PROMO 1971

06:00am

GTK Sherbet Special - Live at the Capitol Theatre, January 1974

Re: Retro 2013 week 1 playlist

7:30 report on Stryper? If I remember correctly, they were a 'Christian' hair metal-type band.

Nathan, you bet me to it! We finally get the Bonnie Tyler episode, but which one is the repeat. They all look like newbies to me.

That Sherbet special has been repeated a few times over the years, if it's the show I am thinking off.

The Saturday morning playlist is a bit disappointing IMO:

10:30am

BLONDIE In The Flesh
BLONDIE In The Sun
FLASHEZ Interview with The Boomtown Rats, 1977
THE BOOMTOWN RATS I Don't Like Mondays (Sony)
THE BOOMTOWN RATS Banana Republic
BRYAN FERRY Price Of Love
JON ENGLISH Hollywood 7
FOX S-S-S-Single Bed
FLASHEZ Interview with 10CC, 1977

11:00am

10CC I'm Not In Love (Polydor)
GODLEY and CREME An Englishman In New York (Polydor)
BAY CITY ROLLERS Love Me Like I Love You
SUPERTRAMP Lady
BILL WITHERS Ain't No Sunshine
COUNTDOWN PROMO With Suzi Quatro, 1974
SUZI QUATRO Daytona Demon (Polydor)
SUZI QUATRO Devil Gate Drive/Can The Can/48 Crash (Polydor)

Numerous repeats of clips that have aired several times on Rage in recent years C'mon - 'Ain't No Sunshine' seems to be on Rage every other week.

I hope the S-S-S-Single Bed clip is the full video though, this time. As they've not put a record company next to it (as they've not been doing for the last few months), hopefully that means it's a new source of the video.

stephen
That Sherbet special has been repeated a few times over the years, if it's the show I am thinking off.

The one with the teen girls oohing and aahing about how hot Daryl is?

Sounds like rage found a copy of 'Ripper '76' on vinyl. . A few songs lifted from it and the 10CC interview.

My parents have that on vinyl.

I remember that album, I still have it. It was the first one released on the Polystar label and the sound quality was RS. The previous two albums - Ripper and Whopper - were released on Fontana and Polydor and the sound quality was the usual high standard from Polygram. I remember buying Ripper 76, taking the record out of the sleeve, seeing the cheap-looking Polystar label and thinking "uh-oh!". "Surely they wouldn't deliberately downgrade the sound quality with the new cheap label" I thought. But they did. Although they improved the sound slightly on subsequent Polystar releases, it was never quite up to the standard of Polygram's other labels. Interestingly they kept releasing compilations on the Polystar label even after CDs came in, by which time they'd finally removed the filter and the sound quality was the same as their other releases. The Best of 1992 CD is on Polystar, but by the time they released The Best of 1995 they'd introduced a new Polygram TV label replacing Polystar.

There is NO repeat. It was taken out and replaced with Bonnie

Thanks Hoin. That's really interesting. I have it on vinyl too and burnt it to CD. I'll have to give it another listen and compare it to the other mid 70's compilations.

Not too fussed about the 1987 ep

Wish the two Flashez clips were not on in the morning - and they don't look great but at least we got some. Hoping we'll get some better ones later.

Fortunately enough it was the full clip of 'S-S-S Single bed' uncut and unedited from start to finish.

Recent viewings of this clip was taken from one of the Best of 1976 Countdown episodes.

Dave (DJA69)
Fortunately enough it was the full clip of 'S-S-S Single bed' uncut and unedited from start to finish.

Recent viewings of this clip was taken from one of the Best of 1976 Countdown episodes.

Yes Dave - looks like the segment tapes with rare full 70's clips are finally getting an airing at last - this morning besides S-S-S Single Bed we had Supertramp "Lady" and Bay City Rollers "Love Me Like I Love You" which I am sure have never appeared on Rage before. I live in hope that things like the original film clips for David Essex "City Lights" (which has not been seen in full anywhere in the world in 36 years!!) and Billy Ocean "Love Really Hurts Without You" finally will get their overdue airing.

ohnoitisnathan

Numerous repeats of clips that have aired several times on Rage in recent years C'mon - 'Ain't No Sunshine' seems to be on Rage every other week.

At least a slightly different version appeared this morning

I must say, I actually didn't mind the 70's clips on Rage this morning. I hope they don't stick to just 70's clips on Saturday morning this retro month, though. But who knows with the shortened Saturday night episodes we're getting...

Still, there was no need for the repeated Blondie/Suzi Quatro/I Don't Like Mondays/10cc/Godley & Creme clips when something that hasn't aired on Rage before could have filled their place.

Can you please tell me does Jon English's Hollywood Seven is a promo film clip or Countdown performance? I didn't see it on Rage yesterday.

Just the usual Countdown performance Nicholas.

So, there is a video clip for "Hollywood Seven"?

Dont think a promo clip was ever made Michael, or if it was it is now long unavailable.

There was a promo clip for Hollywood Seven made. It featured the same Hollywood Seven logo in red which appeared on the LP cover. It was shown on Daryl Somers's Bandstand on Channel Nine during 1976. As what usually happened with Australian artistes, Countdown made their own clip for the song and also had Jon English in the studio during one episode performing the song.

Hoin
There was a promo clip for Hollywood Seven made. It featured the same Hollywood Seven logo in red which appeared on the LP cover. It was shown on Daryl Somers's Bandstand on Channel Nine during 1976. As what usually happened with Australian artistes, Countdown made their own clip for the song and also had Jon English in the studio during one episode performing the song.

Thanks Hoin - as not all 1976 Bandstands survive it is uncertain whether the promo clip survives or not but that is very useful information!! If it is buried in TCN 9's archive then the chances of seeing it are very minimal unfortunately.