Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eurogliders - Hey Hey It's Saturday 1986 Wanted

Hi Gang!

Does anyone have Euro's doing Can't Wait to See You and Absolutely from a 1986 Hey Hey It's Saturday? Please let me know if you do.

This is Can't Wait...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaw-7XlGWiA

Re: Eurogliders - Hey Hey It's Saturday 1986 Wanted

This person has been posting lots of Hey Hey videos recently.. you could always ask them....

http://www.youtube.com/user/inkimufftelevision?feature=watch

SydneySean
Hi Gang!

Does anyone have Euro's doing Can't Wait to See You and Absolutely from a 1986 Hey Hey It's Saturday? Please let me know if you do.

This is Can't Wait...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaw-7XlGWiA

I have long been a fan and subscriber of DigitalStrip's channel, loved those 80's Hey Hey performances. What a great collection of videos they must have. I don't have the clip....yet, but hopefully will eventually. A very good friend is in the process of ripping them for me. Will let you know if something eventuates.

I'm hoping to see Eurogliders hosting Countdown in the next few weeks, have long been asking for their Aug 1 1982 Countdown hosting debut.

Speaking of Eurogliders, does anyone know what number 'It Must Be Love' & 'Listen' reached on the Aria Top 100? I'm pretty sure both didn't make the Top 50. A shame, cause I think both these songs were their best work esp. 'It Must Be Love' which would have to be my fave track of theirs. I watched them perform this song on 'Hey Hey...' on YouTube a while back.

Nathan, any word?

Michael
Speaking of Eurogliders, does anyone know what number 'It Must Be Love' & 'Listen' reached on the Aria Top 100? I'm pretty sure both didn't make the Top 50. A shame, cause I think both these songs were their best work esp. 'It Must Be Love' which would have to be my fave track of theirs. I watched them perform this song on 'Hey Hey...' on YouTube a while back.

Nathan, any word?

Unfortunately, 'It Must Be Love' charted during the period where ARIA have never publicly released the chart positions 51-100 (i.e. between 26 Jun 1988 and the end of December 1989).

On the AMR/Kent Report chart, however, (which ARIA licensed until June 1988), 'It Must Be Loved' peaked at #72. There is no chart position for 'Listen', so presumably it didn't enter the top 100 (at least not on the AMR chart).

I only know of a handful of ARIA chart peaks between 51 and 100 during this period, where they have been listed in the 'Chartifacts' column on the ARIA report from later years. e.g. from memory, Bomb the Bass's 'Say a Little Prayer' peaked at #54, Coldcut featuring Lisa Stansfield's 'People Hold On' peaked at #79, and Blue Zone's 'Jackie' peaked at #99 (quite a contrast to its AMR chart peak of #67).

Cheers!

Eurogliders single "It Must Be Love" from their last 80s album "Groove" (1988) charted #72 June 27, 1988 on the Australian charts. "Listen" did not make the Australian charts. Hope this helps. I caught up with Grace Knight a couple of times last year. She is a great lady and still performs brilliantly. She genuinely loves it still to this day.

Source: Australian Chart Book 1970-1992. By David Kent.