Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wang Chung

I can't believe these guys are bringing out a new album. Their new material certainly doesn't sound like their awesome songs from the 80's. You can listen to their new album here at Billboard page

http://www.billboard.com/new-releases/wang-chung-album-premiere-tazer-up-first-1008037952.story#/new-releases/wang-chung-album-premiere-tazer-up-first-1008037952.story

Re: Wang Chung

Lee, please email me. I emailed you last Sunday and am waiting on a response.

Michael
Lee, please email me. I emailed you last Sunday and am waiting on a response.

Hi Michael

I am sorry mate, i didn't know you sent me one. It didn't arrive in my inbox, but I will go and check my spam. It shouldn't be in there as I have got all your other emails just fine.

Hi Lee, I'm just after your postal address to post the discs - just email it to me. Cheers.

Lee
I can't believe these guys are bringing out a new album. Their new material certainly doesn't sound like their awesome songs from the 80's. You can listen to their new album here at Billboard page

http://www.billboard.com/new-releases/wang-chung-album-premiere-tazer-up-first-1008037952.story#/new-releases/wang-chung-album-premiere-tazer-up-first-1008037952.story

I've just gotten around to listening to their album now. There were a couple of tracks which still sounded like the old Wang Chung, such as Driving. London Orbital was also an OK track and most of them have the Wang Chung backbeat. I wouldn't have recognized them without knowing who they were but it is not a bad album, the remix of Dance Hall Days is fair but they could have been more experimental with it.

There were no standout new tracks like they had in the mid eighties with Don't Let Go, Dance Hall Days, Everybody Have Fun Tonight, Let's Go etc but it's a good effort.

I remember about 1983 they were signed to Geffen Records when Geffen had to decide between Wang Chung and Melbourne's Dear Enemy who had just released Computer One. Wonder if Dear Enemy would have made a bigger impact both here and in the US if they had signed with Geffen.