Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ICEHOUSE - PRIMITIVE MAN 'LIVE'

I am off to see Iva Davis tonight do the whole of the 'Primitive Man' album, how EXCITING!

GLAM!!!! UNIFORM and TROJAN BLUE!!!

Re: ICEHOUSE - PRIMITIVE MAN 'LIVE'

Primitive Man was a brilliant album where every song could have been a single.

Trojan Blue is one of the best Icehouse tracks ever but didn't even make it as a B-Side.

It's like Real Life's Burning Blue should have been released as a single - but that's another story.

Anyhow, I imagine it would have been a great show. Was it with a full band or more solo/acoustic?

Every track on this album is perfect. You're right Guru Bob, there could have been more singles released from this album. Trojan Blue is the one song that I have played the most.

Icehouse played in Canberra on 30/10, unfortunately I couldn't go due to other commitments. . I did try to win tickets about 8 weeks ago (ie a tv ad where you had to text to win).

Jason, was this a one off concert/date where they played the full 'Primitive Man' album separate from their current tour/playlist?

Guru Bob
Primitive Man was a brilliant album where every song could have been a single.

Trojan Blue is one of the best Icehouse tracks ever but didn't even make it as a B-Side.

It's like Real Life's Burning Blue should have been released as a single - but that's another story.

Anyhow, I imagine it would have been a great show. Was it with a full band or more solo/acoustic?

A bit annoyed as the show didn't end up being the whole of Primitive Man as indicated when tickets went on sale! The show was great though, Iva did do uniform but NO Glam :-( Glam was just he intro playing before they came on stage and NO Trojan Blue :-( I DID however meet Iva after the show and got photos with him and he signed a pile of my vinyl and cd's :-) he was utterly LOVELY and such a gentleman and remembered our interview to :-)

I asked why no Trojan Blue and he said they rehearsed it but it didn't sound right :-(

I told him how much the track Icehouse' means to me and that I love Sidewalk from the Sidewalk album and Goodnight Mr Matthews and he was VERY pleased and impressed to hear my selections I LOVE, yay!

I agree with everyone here Primitive Man is a brilliant album - Trojan Blue was always a stand out,such a great song. And finally got the CD the other day,had the vinyl back in the day. Not a fan of digipaks but it's not bad and love all the bonus tracks inc a 12" of Glam

Gary
I agree with everyone here Primitive Man is a brilliant album - Trojan Blue was always a stand out,such a great song. And finally got the CD the other day,had the vinyl back in the day. Not a fan of digipaks but it's not bad and love all the bonus tracks inc a 12" of Glam

Gary, what don't you like about digipaks? I think they're great. They were very popular in the early 90's.

Interesting that the tracklisting of the DVD doesn't mention the full clip of 'Great Southern Land'???, which is the first track.

Michael
Gary

Gary, what don't you like about digipaks? I think they're great. They were very popular in the early 90's.

Just prefer jewel cases - but if the CD comes only in digipak that's fine,I don't mind them. Some are nice like the recent Beatles remasters. Another CD I bought at the same time - Pleasure Principle - came in a nice sturdy jewel case

If anybody's keen to read it, I interviewed Iva recently for the "Primitive Colours" tour. He was a great guy and a pleasure to interview ;-)

Here's the link:

http://guestlisted.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/iva-davies-icehouse-interview-2012.html

I did read it. Thank you.