Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Instumentals & "Album Tracks" on Countdown?

A thought has struck me as to whether those rare creatures of music the instrumental and the 'album track' (non 7 inch single) made any appearances on Countdown over the years? So far only one springs readily to mind a rare 'both cases' piece by Sherbet called "Survival". I wonder if there were other such instances in the shows run?

Re: Instumentals & "Album Tracks" on Countdown?

I remember Molly playing a brief music clip of this in Humdrum, Violinski-Clog Dance. He was in ELO.But I don't know if it was ever played in full. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwdM9jw47ms

RJ TAYLER
A thought has struck me as to whether those rare creatures of music the instrumental and the 'album track' (non 7 inch single) made any appearances on Countdown over the years? So far only one springs readily to mind a rare 'both cases' piece by Sherbet called "Survival". I wonder if there were other such instances in the shows run?

Tommy Shaw (Styx) performed Boat On The River in 1980. I am not even sure if that was even an album track. It was performed totally live which indicates that Countdown probably didn't have it available as a backing track.

Countdown was strongly aligned with the pop singles market so almost everything was geared towards that. There wouldn't have been too many instrumentals or album tracks over the years.

Nightmoves on Channel 7 was big into concerts and albums and later when Rock Arena started up they also played the more obscure items.

Does Sounds hosted by Donnie Sutherland from Channel 7 plays pop singles, instrumentals and album tracks or both?
And speaking on instrumentals and album tracks, it was on GTK long before Nightmoves and Rock Arena.