Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A 1980s guest on Countdown ?

I know a lady who was a singer and a songwriter around 1980ish, she mentioned she appeared on Countdown under the name of Candy or Kandee, something like that back around 1980ish when she was around 17 or 18. I believe she also had something to do with a song or a band called Starlight.

Just wondering if there is anything like a guest list of all the guests on Countdown, a clip would be even better. I cant remember what she would have performed, she was a rock/punk type chick something like Susie and the Banshees, (who she mentioned she had met or knew)

Re: A 1980s guest on Countdown ?

Can't say I have heard of Starlight or Candy but if it occurred in 1979 (or earlier) it may well have happened but the episode will have been wiped.

Re: A 1980s guest on Countdown ?

Hi 'John S'. It would be great if you could ask this lady to come onto this forum and post a bit of info about herself (as an artist in the late 70's) and share her experiences of Countdown.