Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1991-1994 special: more of the same

They might as well have re-named it the 'Early 90's Clips We Always Play Anyway, Or Dug Out for Last Retro Month But Thought You Wouldn't Mind Seeing Again, Since Our Vault Is Now So Limited' special.

Re: 1991-1994 special: more of the same

I checked the Playlist, boooooooooooooooring!!!

Only good thing is OPUS III in the morning BUT I got that from rage LOGO FREE already :-)

After their incredibly bland last effort,(the 87 to 90 special), I wasn't expecting much.
Yes,another predictably disappointing playlist.I think they do still have quite a few rare/seldom played clips in their library which they are only too happy to drag out for Guest Programmers like Billy Corgan.
A shame they can't show a little more imagination and include some of these in their recent specials.

I did enjoy Blur's There's No Other Way and The Pixie's Alec Eiffel this morning though.(Surprisingly , two that I suggested.)

I'll be recording the 1991 videos, but not 1992. That year gives me nightmares, the songs are so crap...I can't revisit it!

I liked '92 actually. '93 was a really $hit year for music though, IMO.

I didn't record the 1991 videos, as I thought rage would really stuff up the screen ratios. Anyway, I have the Top 50 of 1991 that was aired on VH1 Classic last year. Yes, I agree, 1993 is the worst. I think '95 was a good year...and no, not because of Blur and Oasis!

I really liked the special. It was great seeing all those great clips in one show. I may be right or wrong, though I suspect that it's somewhat time consuming for rage staff to ascertain the older rarer clips from the archive so they don't bother most of the time, or it's easier to obtain more recently played clips. There are many great clips from past eras that are just as good and memorable, but are long forgotten by rage. I do appreciate the times when they do play very rare stuff.

Despite this, to me it did seem that they went to a genuine effort to make sure it was a good special and that a wide range of clips were played. I did genuinely enjoy it. Though rage really does need to put on a Wildcard special or two, it's been some time since they last had a Wildcard special and there's huge demand for rare clips to be dusted off.

Repined On Venus
I may be right or wrong, though I suspect that it's somewhat time consuming for rage staff to ascertain the older rarer clips from the archive so they don't bother most of the time, or it's easier to obtain more recently played clips.

Well it definitely wouldn't hurt them to go to that little extra bit of effort. It would make all the difference to their specials.

Repined On Venus
Though rage really does need to put on a Wildcard special or two, it's been some time since they last had a Wildcard special and there's huge demand for rare clips to be dusted off.

For sure - long overdue for another one...

If viewers can spend hours on end watching Rage,then surely,the Rage programmers can spend hours on end putting in a bit more effort to make their specials a lot better than they've done recently,and if Rage's programmers find it all too time consuming,they should step aside and let someone else do the job.

Hear hear, John!