Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown Poster

I have an original ABC Countdown Poster in Cartoon form. It has the Original ABC logo on it. Just wondering does anyone know of it and whether it is a collectable or not.

Regards

Mick

Re: Countdown Poster

The ABC did issue various promotional posters from time to time, which included Countdown, and these were distributed to schools mainly (cross promotion between government schools and government TV station) and later used in ABC Shops when they started up.

I remember there being one in our Primary School Library in the late 70's but it was a different design to the one you mention - a close up photo of a lady wearing jeans with the slogan "Countdown, Sundays at 6PM" on the back pocket and a bit larger than A3 size. I can't remember them ever being for sale to the public but it is possible.

It would be quite rare I imagine (I haven't seen any in over 30 years) and would certainly qualify as a collectable. It's value would be determined by supply/demand. I would think an item like that would be worth in the vicinity of $50-$100 but could be worth more.

The only thing to be wary about with these sort of items is the propensity of modern reproduction items made for the collectables market. If you've had it since the 80's at the latest then it would almost certainly be an original.

It sounds like a nice item so I would look after it if I were you.

Mick
I have an original ABC Countdown Poster in Cartoon form. It has the Original ABC logo on it. Just wondering does anyone know of it and whether it is a collectable or not.

Regards

Mick

Would you ever sell it?? ME WANT!!!

A photo of this poster and uploaded to 'Countdown Media' would look great.

I agree, hopefully he will come back and get in contact with me Michael!

Hello

In regard to the Countdown Poster. When I work out how to upload and all. Will eventually load it up so you can see it.

Cheers

Michael