Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
INXS Kick Anniversary Edition coming

1987 album Kick sold 6 million copies and spawned four Top 10 singles in the U.S., turning the Aussie rockers into global superstars. Now, 25 years later, the band this fall will release an expanded edition of the album featuring three CDs and a DVD packed with remixes, demos, “unheard tracks,” a documentary and home video footage.

The band — which last year enlisted new lead singer Ciaran Gribbin — has not officially announced the 25th anniversary reissue, but it is beginning to appear on U.K. music retailers’ websites with a Sept. 17 release date via Mercury Records.

The tracklist hasn’t yet been unveiled, but, according to the reissue’s packaging, the set will include the original album on one CD plus two more CDs filled with “remixes, demos, unheard tracks.” The DVD will include a new documentary on the album, plus previously unseen home video footage and promos. Finally, the set also will include a hardback book called “The Story of Kick,” a poster and a sticker sheet.

This fall’s reissue won’t be the first for Kick. In 2002, the album was reissued in the U.S. with four previously unreleased bonus tracks. Two years later, it was given a two-disc Deluxe Edition reissue in the U.K., with a dozen bonus tracks featured on the second disc.

Re: INXS Kick Anniversary Edition coming

TRACKLIST

Disc 1: Original LP

Guns in the Sky
New Sensation
Devil Inside
Need You Tonight
Mediate
The Loved One
Never Tear Us Apart
Wild Life
Mystify
Kick
Calling All Nations
Tiny Daggers

Disc 2: B-sides and rarities

Move On (B-side to ¡°Need You Tonight¡± ¨C Mercury INXS 12 (U.K.), 1987) *
I¡¯m Coming (Home) (B-side to ¡°Need You Tonight¡± - Atlantic 7-89188 (U.S.), 1987) *
On the Rocks (B-side to ¡°Devil Inside¡± ¨C Atlantic 7-89144 (U.S.), 1988) *
Mystify (Chicago Demo) **
Jesus Was a Man (Demo) **
The Trap (Demo) **
New Sensation (Nick 12¡å Remix) (12¡å A-side ¨C Atlantic 0-86572, 1988) *
Guns in the Sky (Kick Ass Mix) (12¡å B-side to ¡°New Sensation¡± ¨C Atlantic 0-86572 (U.S.), 1988) *
Need You Tonight (Mendelsohn Extended Mix) (12¡å A-side ¨C Mercury INXS 1212 (U.K.), 1987) *
Mediate (Live @ San Diego Sports Arena ¨C 3/31/1988) *
Never Tear Us Apart (Live @ San Diego Sports Arena ¨C 3/31/1988) (B-side to ¡°Mystify¡± ¨C Mercury INXS 13 (U.K.), 1988) *
Kick (Live @ San Diego Sports Arena ¨C 3/31/1988) *
Move On (Guitar Version) **

Disc 3: Remixes

Do Wot You Do (from Pretty in Pink soundtrack ¨C A&M SP-5113, 1986/B-side to ¡°New Sensation¡± ¨C Mercury INXS 9 (U.K.), 1988)
New Sensation (Nick 7¡å Mix) (12¡å B-side ¨C WEA 0-258016 (AUS), 1988)
New Sensation (Australian 12¡å) (12¡å A-side ¨C WEA 0-258016 (AUS), 1988)
Devil Inside (Extended Mix) (12¡å A-side ¨C Atlantic 0-86622 (U.S.), 1987)
Devil Inside (7¡å Version) (single A-side ¨C Atlantic 7-89144 (U.S.), 1987)
Different World (7¡å Mix) (B-side to ¡°Never Tear Us Apart¡± 12¡å single ¨C Atlantic 0-86538 (U.S.), 1988)
Calling All Nations (Nile Rodgers Remix) ***

Disc 4: Track Baby Track DVD

Various Band Footage
New Sensation (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Never Tear Us Apart (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Need You Tonight (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Kick (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Devil Inside (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Mystify (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Guns in the Sky (promo video)
Mystify (promo video)
Need You Tonight (promo video)
* indicates track from deluxe edition ¨C Mercury 982 355-0 (U.K.), 2004
** indicates track from expanded edition ¨C Rhino R2 78204 (U.S.), 2002
*** indicates previously unreleased track

These anniversary packages are really well done in their comprehensive nature. How much is it going to cost?

Saw an item recently that INXS will be recording a new album with their new singer soon. I haven't been able to get into their post-Hutchence era batch of singers so hope that it turns out better than previous incarnations.

brett
TRACKLIST

Disc 1: Original LP

Guns in the Sky
New Sensation
Devil Inside
Need You Tonight
Mediate
The Loved One
Never Tear Us Apart
Wild Life
Mystify
Kick
Calling All Nations
Tiny Daggers

Disc 2: B-sides and rarities

Move On (B-side to ¡°Need You Tonight¡± ¨C Mercury INXS 12 (U.K.), 1987) *
I¡¯m Coming (Home) (B-side to ¡°Need You Tonight¡± - Atlantic 7-89188 (U.S.), 1987) *
On the Rocks (B-side to ¡°Devil Inside¡± ¨C Atlantic 7-89144 (U.S.), 1988) *
Mystify (Chicago Demo) **
Jesus Was a Man (Demo) **
The Trap (Demo) **
New Sensation (Nick 12¡å Remix) (12¡å A-side ¨C Atlantic 0-86572, 1988) *
Guns in the Sky (Kick Ass Mix) (12¡å B-side to ¡°New Sensation¡± ¨C Atlantic 0-86572 (U.S.), 1988) *
Need You Tonight (Mendelsohn Extended Mix) (12¡å A-side ¨C Mercury INXS 1212 (U.K.), 1987) *
Mediate (Live @ San Diego Sports Arena ¨C 3/31/1988) *
Never Tear Us Apart (Live @ San Diego Sports Arena ¨C 3/31/1988) (B-side to ¡°Mystify¡± ¨C Mercury INXS 13 (U.K.), 1988) *
Kick (Live @ San Diego Sports Arena ¨C 3/31/1988) *
Move On (Guitar Version) **

Disc 3: Remixes

Do Wot You Do (from Pretty in Pink soundtrack ¨C A&M SP-5113, 1986/B-side to ¡°New Sensation¡± ¨C Mercury INXS 9 (U.K.), 1988)
New Sensation (Nick 7¡å Mix) (12¡å B-side ¨C WEA 0-258016 (AUS), 1988)
New Sensation (Australian 12¡å) (12¡å A-side ¨C WEA 0-258016 (AUS), 1988)
Devil Inside (Extended Mix) (12¡å A-side ¨C Atlantic 0-86622 (U.S.), 1987)
Devil Inside (7¡å Version) (single A-side ¨C Atlantic 7-89144 (U.S.), 1987)
Different World (7¡å Mix) (B-side to ¡°Never Tear Us Apart¡± 12¡å single ¨C Atlantic 0-86538 (U.S.), 1988)
Calling All Nations (Nile Rodgers Remix) ***

Disc 4: Track Baby Track DVD

Various Band Footage
New Sensation (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Never Tear Us Apart (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Need You Tonight (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Kick (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Devil Inside (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Mystify (Live @ the Midtfyns Festival)
Guns in the Sky (promo video)
Mystify (promo video)
Need You Tonight (promo video)
* indicates track from deluxe edition ¨C Mercury 982 355-0 (U.K.), 2004
** indicates track from expanded edition ¨C Rhino R2 78204 (U.S.), 2002
*** indicates previously unreleased track

I have to say that I am a FULL ON Inxs lover from the beginning up till Listen Like Thieves, KICK was their downfall for me, sorry :-(

Why can't all the albums up to Listen Like Thieves be packaged with rarities like KICK

Kick didn't grab me at first.It got better the more I played it,though having said that,its not my fave INXS album-that honour belongs to Listen Like Thieves(with The Swing a very close 2nd).
I actually think X was the last really strong album they made and re.Disc 4 in the Kick anniversary edition-odd the clips for New Sensation and Never Tear Us Apart aren't included.

I don't think Warners want to do expanded versions of the albums outside 'Kick','X' and 'Welcome To Where Ever You Are'. That's what I've heard on another forum some time ago.

brett
I don't think Warners want to do expanded versions of the albums outside 'Kick','X' and 'Welcome To Where Ever You Are'. That's what I've heard on another forum some time ago.

Unfortunately, very true, Warner will only focus on their 'international' albums that made them worldwide stars. They don't care about the aussie fans of the band before 'Kick'.