Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Icehouse-Primitive Man/Man Of Colours

Someone posted this news on a New Wave site:

Icehouse will rerelease Primitive Man (30th Anniversary) and Man Of Colours (25th Anniversary) on July 13th, 2012 via Universal Music.
Both will be released as cd+dvd edition...
Just saw the tracklistings on the official page: http://www.icehouse-ivadavies.com/

Primitive Man (30th Anniversary Edition)
CD:
01. Great Southern Land
02. Uniform
03. Hey Little Girl
04. Street Cafe
05. Glam (Instrumental)
06. Trojan Blue
07. One By One
08. Break These Chains
09. Mysterious Thing
10. Goodnight Mr Matthews (USA re-record)
11. Over The Line
12. Glam (12" Version)
13. Uniform (German Version)
14. Hey Little Girl (12" Version)
15. Street Cafe (Single mix)
16. Love In Motion (USA re-recording)

DVD (TV-Appearances + Live from The Ritz):
01. Iva Davies interviewed by Ian 'Molly' Meldrum (Countdown)
02. Hey Little Girl (Countdown)
03. Rock Around The World interview
04. Hey Little Girl (Top Of The Pops)
05. Street Café (Countdown Rock Awards 1983)
06. This Time
07. Sidewalk
08. Hey Little Girl
09. Love In Motion
10. Stay Close Tonight
11. Don't Believe Anymore
12. Dusty Pages
13. Street Café
14. Can't Help Myself
15. Taking The Town
16. Dance On

Man Of Colours (25th Anniversary Edition)
CD:
01. Crazy
02. Electric Blue
03. Nothing too serious
04. Man of Colours
05. Heartbreak Kid
06. The Kingdom
07. My Obsession
08. Girl in the moon
09. Anybody's War
10. Sunrise
11. Crazy 12" mix
12. Crazy 'midnight mix'
13. Shakin' the cage
14. Over my head
15. Touch the fire
16. Jimmy Dean
17. Electric Blue (Extended mix)

DVD (live footage Germany + Melbourne):
01. Intro
02. Don't Believe Anymore
03. Paradise
04. Mr.Big
05. Hey Little Girl
06. Great Southern Land
07. Cross The Border
08. The Flame
09. No Promises
10. Can't Help Myself
11. Icehouse
12. Sister
13. Taking The Town
14. We Can Get Together
15. Walls
16. Hey, Little Girl
17. My Obsession
18. Mr Big
19. Electric Blue
20. Heartbreak Kid
21. Great Southern Land
22. No Promises
23. Cross The Border
24. Can't Help Myself
25. Crazy
26. Man Of Colours
27. (Drum solo)
28. Baby, You're So Strange
29. Nothing too serious

Re: Icehouse-Primitive Man/Man Of Colours

Thanks for this info brett. I had a feeling Iva will do the same with 'Primitive Man' this year, being 30 years.

I don't understand why '84 material is on the 'Primitive Man' DVD? I assume the Melbourne & Germany concert footage, on the 'Man Of Colours' DVD, is all taken from 1987/88?

OMG, WOW!!!

I never knew that the version of 'Crazy' on the original UK/US version of the 'Man Of Colours' album is longer. It's the one that you hear on the International version of the 'Crazy' music clip.

Which clip is the international version? The cars being smashed up or Iva as a radio presenter and in his tux?

Michael
Which clip is the international version? The cars being smashed up or Iva as a radio presenter and in his tux?

The radio presenter and in his tux music clip.

Thought so. I think the local clip is better.

Michael

Agree 100%.

It's hilarious how the re-filmed-for-the-US-market clips are nearly always so literal and devoid of creativity - i.e. a 'live' performance of the band, or a literal re-enactment of the lyrics... and the US version of 'Crazy' does just that, complete with Iva in his 'Crocodile Dundee' outfit as the DJ

ohnoitisnathan
Michael

Agree 100%.

It's hilarious how the re-filmed-for-the-US-market clips are nearly always so literal and devoid of creativity - i.e. a 'live' performance of the band, or a literal re-enactment of the lyrics... and the US version of 'Crazy' does just that, complete with Iva in his 'Crocodile Dundee' outfit as the DJ

You are dead right Nathan, if the US market saw something a little controversial then they would redo the entire clip. But not all the videos were that bad, alot were but some definitely.

For example the Aussie version from The Expression - With Closed Eyes had quite an awesome war scene which depicted the song, but as soon as it went across to the US it was considered very controverial and was changed. It wasn't a bad change but certainly not as good as the Aussie Version.

Another good example was LRB's - Playing To Win, the Aussie Version is so much better than the US one, there was certainly no thought put into that one.

But I can think of one US change that was certainly better than the Aussie version (well on the eyes anyway) was Kids In The Kitchen's - Current Stand. The US version has nudity and everything, which certainly surprised me a lot, I thought it was better than just sitting around a piano and shots of the band anyway.

How many versions of the same three video clips includes Playing To Win by Little River Band were existed?

ohnoitisnathan
Michael

Agree 100%.

I also don't know why they have to remix an album like 'Man of Colours' for the US market. When the original Australian album is flawless.

I hated how the US remade clips for 'Tomorrow' by Silverchair and 'I Want You' by Savage Garden. Nothing wrong with the Oz versions, but the US must have thought they looked a little boring.

^ Or a little too-low budget, perhaps?

Just checked out these packages on JB website. In answer to my question, 'The Anniversary Edition of Primitive Man contains a DVD featuring footage of the band which toured the Primitive Man and Measure For Measure albums plus interviews and TV performance footage'.

I see that you can also purchase 'Man Of Colours' at JB on coloured vinyl for $28.99 - blue, red & yellow editions. I have the blue one, but I wonder if I picked up the other 2, if it would be worth something in the future as a complete set?

There also two versions of To The Moon and Black and Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden for the US market as an American version.

aspect ratio 4:3 or 16:9 ?