Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rick Astley To Tour OZ

I just saw in the newspaper Rick will be touring oz in Novemeber to celebrate 25ys since Never Gonna Give You Up.

Re: Rick Astley To Tour OZ

I saw him in 1989 at the Entertainment Centre and he was GREAT!

I will see him again if he tours :-)

More details? Where, when tix on sale?

He will be performing at The Evan Thearte in Penrith on 23 Nov,waves Wollongong 24,Enmore Theatre 25.

Rage should get him to guest program... although of course they probably won't

Even if they do, I doubt they have any of his videos other than 'Never Gonna Give You Up' in the library. They turfed 'Whenever You Need Somebody' after it left the top 50, as it wasn't aired in the top 50 of 1988!

That would be cool. I think rage could try to track down his videos somewhere else if they don't have them in their library. Maybe they have 'Cry For Help'? They even mentioned the Rick Astley tour on 'The Circle'... Here's hoping the whole nation gets 'Ricked' on rage!

Imagine a whole SAW special after his guest programming! and he played a s h i t load of UK acts from the late 80's.

Today's Daily Telegraph mention tickets go on sale july 9th.

Michael

Imagine a whole SAW special after his guest programming! and he played a s h i t load of UK acts from the late 80's.

Oh my, that would be fantastic! Well... if it wasn't plastered with a hideous ABC1 watermark, and the new lower-resolution & less-sharp picture/title they seem to have with 'new' vids unleashed from the vault.

THANK GOODNESS rage played a bunch from my list on the last Wild Card special (pre watermark) with the PWL selections:

Lana Pellay - Pisteol In My Pocket
Blue Mercedes - Love Is The Gun

and the ULTRA RARE

Morgan & Mcvey - Looking Good Diving!

They also played Sinitta's Toy Boy on MArdi Gras the year before

So YAY! Some of THE hardest PWL clips to get!