Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Bananarama music videos DVD released in July!

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/32252767/0/30-Years-Of-Bananarama/ListingDetails.html

tracklist:

DVD:
1. Really Saying Something
2. Shy Boy
3. Cheers Then
4. Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
5. Cruel Summer
6. Robert De Niro's Waiting
7. Rough Justice
8. Hotline To Heaven
9. The Wild Life
10. Do Not Disturb
11. Venus
12. More Than Physical
13. A Trick Of The Night
14. I Heard A Rumour
15. Love In The First Degree
16. I Can't Help It
17. I Want You Back
18. Love Truth & Honesty
19. Nathan Jones
20. Help
21. Only Your Love
22. Preacher Man
23. Long Train Running
24. Tripping On Your Love
25. Movin' On
26. Last Thing On My Mind
27. More More More
28. Every Shade Of Blue
29. Take Me To Your Heart
30. Move In My Direction
31. Look On The Floor
32. Love Comes
33. Love Don't Live Here
Bonus tracks
34. Venus 12"
35. I Can't Help It 12"

It's still missing a couple (It Ain't What You Do, State I'm In, A Trick of the Night version 2, I Heard a Rumour 12", I Want You Back version 2, Cruel Summer '89, I Found Love, Careless Whisper, and remix videos for Move In My Direction & Look On the Floor), but pretty d@mn good news!

I knew this was in the pipeline, but didn't know it would happen so soon.

Re: OFFICIAL Bananarama music videos DVD released in July!

I found out about this 2 weeks ago. A friend rang me and told me it was on Wikipedia and then I went to Wikipedia to see if it was just someone putting false information in BUT it took me to a link to their official website so i KNEW then it was true :-)

I was going to tell you Nathan as I knew YOU would be just as THRILLED as me but figured you would know as well (ha ha)

A good track listing BUT I was SOOOOO hoping for the PWL 'No.1" remix of Trick Of The Night' (Black And White) video and why on earth isn't
'It Ain't What You Do' on there?... Maybe because it was more vocals done by Fun Boy Three BUT still their first video! Arghhhhhhh!!! Very upset about this not being included :-( It wouldn't have taken much more room to add it!!! THANK GOODNESS I have 'It Ain't What You Do' on the OFFICIAL EMI New Wave DVD!

And no 'State I'm In''?... At least I have a good copy of 'State I'm In' from the 1st Bananarama vhs release!

I am SO excited by this! I HOPE the early videos are all proper promo's and not from the vhs which don't have proper fade out's!

I have the 'I Heard A Rumour' 12"... video in NTSC...

OVERALL, it's a pretty good track listing and I actually wasn't expecting Hotline To Haven and The Wild Life to be on it so I am PLEASED! And I hadn't yet seen the track listing till you posted it so THANKS! I can't wait, I will buy 2 copies just in case!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have a BRILLIANT copy of Cruel Summer '89 and I just noticed that it doesn't have 'I Want You Back' version 2!

BRING ON JULY! I thought it wouldn't be released till much later in the year and I even emailed the official Bananarama website a few days ago with no reply!

Oh fu¢k! It's going to be NTSC!

I fu¢king HATE NTSC!!! Never Twice the Same Colour, dull colours, and low resolution picture

I think I'll stick with my PAL copies. PAL VHS > NTSC DVD.

Nathan, I think I'll stick to what you did for me. I assume this DVD is to celebrate 30 years of making music?

ohnoitisnathan
Oh fu¢k! It's going to be NTSC!

I fu¢king HATE NTSC!!! Never Twice the Same Colour, dull colours, and low resolution picture

I think I'll stick with my PAL copies. PAL VHS > NTSC DVD.

Why is it in NTSC?

Jason 'The Moderator'

Why is it in NTSC?

Probably because it's the most playable format globally, as I believe most US DVD players/TV's are not multi-region/PAL compatible

They did the same thing with the Dannii DVD that was released a few years ago - quite ridiculous when she has no hits in North America!

It is very ridiculous but I will still buy it as not all NTSC dvd's are terrible quality...

Is going to be release in shops or on online in Australia?

Has anyone got this and viewed it yet? Omg... I just did, and looks (at least on my TV) like an old bad NTSC VHS transfer . Think I'll stick with my home-made PAL compilation.

The sound is good though.

I have it, but you know that. It doesn't ALL look bad...

Jason 'The Moderator'
I have it, but you know that. It doesn't ALL look bad...

I think we'll have to agree to disagree

Maybe it's just because I hate NTSC when PAL sources are available. Dull colours + blurry picture = ohnoitisunhappynathan

I am afraid OhNoIsNathan is correct - the vast majority of DVD's released these days no matter which country of origin - are done in NTSC. Most people in the USA do not have (or cannot obtain) PAL format DVD players or even multi-region players. Being the largest economy in the world they represent the vast majority of potential DVD buyers and so every release now needs to cater for that - even artists that are largely unheard of over there.

An interesting interview with Jacquie O'Sullivan:

http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/GTPlus/Secure/Interviews.html