Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CABARET VOLTAIRE Crackdown

Me excited as rage are playing Cabaret Voltaire's 'Crackdown' this weekend and I am a HUGE Cabaret Voltaire lover!!! Glad rage aren't playing 'Sensoria' like they always do, if only they would play 'I Want You'!

Re: CABARET VOLTAIRE Crackdown

I take it 'Venus' on Saturday morning (10-11am) is the 12" version? How long does 'Domino Dancing' go for? Didn't know there was an extended version?

Don't care if it's Venus 12"... as thankfully I got the 12"... version on the Wild Card special LOGO FREE!

Maybe I did too? Too many discs and video clips from rage.

Michael
I take it 'Venus' on Saturday morning (10-11am) is the 12" version? How long does 'Domino Dancing' go for? Didn't know there was an extended version?

There is a 12" video for Domino Dancing, and I assume they're airing this for this special. Rage aired it in 2008 after The Presets guest programming; it's also on the Pet Shop Boys' "PopArt" DVD.

Michael

That's why you need a cataloged system... says he who has one with nearly 10,000 clips and is still 2 years behind with cataloging

Rage only aired 'Domino Dancing' just recently and it was shown in widescreen (text cut off). I recorded it then..I'm assuming the 12" version will be the same picture size, so I will have to change the ratio.

I do have a catalogue system, but I often forget what I recorded.

Michael
Rage only aired 'Domino Dancing' just recently and it was shown in widescreen (text cut off). I recorded it then..I'm assuming the 12" version will be the same picture size, so I will have to change the ratio.

Oddly, the 12" version is 4:3/aired in 4:3 on Rage in 2008.

Michael

I do have a catalogue system, but I often forget what I recorded.

The same thing happens to me.

My favourite song of theirs is 'Just Fascination'.

Bit off the topic, but I see on Saturday night rage they are showing a Hall & Oates clip 'Do What You Want, Be What You Are' from 1976. Will it be a promo video or a studio performance?

ohnoitisnathan
Michael

That's why you need a cataloged system... says he who has one with nearly 10,000 clips and is still 2 years behind with cataloging

I am in the process of cataloging and it's HELL!!! I am FINALLY getting to it properly, it will take me till the end of this year to sort it all out and I will be so pleased when it's all done!

Jason 'The Moderator'
Me excited as rage are playing Cabaret Voltaire's 'Crackdown' this weekend and I am a HUGE Cabaret Voltaire lover!!! Glad rage aren't playing 'Sensoria' like they always do, if only they would play 'I Want You'!

I recorded Crackdown from Rage a little while ago so it has been on in the last year or so