Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Cure special on rage tonight!

Holy cow - wasn't expecting this...Has there been a death or drama in the band lately? Anyway, will be recording it. You beauty!

Re: The Cure special on rage tonight!

The songs are out of date order, will have to fix that up, just like I did recently with the Kiss special last year. Takes times, but well worth it.

Are they touring?

You can get most of The Cure videos LOGO FREE on the DVD but it is missing things unfortunately :-(

Brushed the special...sometimes I just couldn't be bothered to set the timer on the recorder and besides, I'm not a small or big Cure fan. I would have recorded this than buy the DVD. Of course, my fondest era of The Cure was the 'Kiss Me...' period.

Rage aired a good (but not quite complete) Cure special in 2009, which I caught... except I had some d@mn digital signal interference on a couple of vids (Pictures of You & Never Enough), but it was watermark free!

I haven't got the official The Cure DVD yet, but it's a shame they don't have a comprehensive collection. I'm only really a casual Cure fan, but love most of their singles, and the videos are pretty d@mn good too.

Michael - I can copy you my 2009 special if you like... when I send the other lot that must be nearly a year overdue. Sorry, I will send you it eventually.

The 2009 Cure special would be great. Was it done in date order?

Michael, I'm pretty sure the order wasn't too bad... Let me check the playlist:

THE CURE 10:15 Saturday Night (Warner)
THE CURE Boys Don't Cry (Warner)

4:30am

THE CURE Night Like This (Warner)
THE CURE A Forest (Warner)
THE CURE Primary (Warner)
THE CURE Charlotte Sometimes (Warner)
THE CURE - IN CONCERT Let's Go To Bed (Warner)
THE CURE The Walk (Warner)
THE CURE The Lovecats (Warner)
THE CURE The Caterpillar (Warner)

5:00am

THE CURE In Between Days (Warner)
THE CURE Close To Me (Warner)
THE CURE Why Can't I Be You? (Warner)
THE CURE Catch (Warner)
THE CURE Just Like Heaven (Warner)
THE CURE Hot Hot Hot (Warner)
THE CURE Fascination Street (Warner)
THE CURE Love Song (Warner)
THE CURE Pictures Of You (Warner)

5:30am

THE CURE Never Enough (Warner)
THE CURE High (Warner)
THE CURE Letter To Elise (Warner)
THE CURE Friday I'm In Love (Warner)

I didn't get 'High' or 'Let's Go To Bed (live)' in the right ratio though, as I recorded in 4:3.

Well only 'A Letter To Elise' is out of order (should be after Friday I'm in Love) - and they left the 'a' off, because they had to have some stuff up!

For some reason, they skipped 'Lullaby' (but that's OK, since I've got it watermark free from another airing), and 'Let's Go To Bed' (the actual video), and anything after 1992.

I've also found it odd that they don't seem to have the 'Close To Me (remix)' video from late 1990 in their library anymore.

I also transferred the 1996 Cure special from VHS to DVD in 2005.

Nathan, thanks for the effort in helping me out, but I'll give it a miss. I see that the 2009 special only had 23 vids, compared to the one last week with 34 and 'Lullaby' is one of my faves, but not on the 2009 special.

Oh God, I hope they didn't play that dreadful clip of them cramped in a cupboard miming some awful song. I hated that clip, it really tuned me off the group.

. Seriously though, that's one of their standout videos and I think it's great.

Hoin
Oh God, I hope they didn't play that dreadful clip of them cramped in a cupboard miming some awful song. I hated that clip, it really tuned me off the group.

You would be talking about 'Never Enough' which I ADORE!!!

Jason 'The Moderator'
Hoin

You would be talking about 'Never Enough' which I ADORE!!!

Sounds more like 'Close To Me', but I like both songs and vids.

Yeah, I was talking about 'Close To Me' too.