Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death Of Robin Gibb

I just heard about the passing of Robin Gibb. I hope rage plays his 1984 hit Boys Do Fall In love.

Re: Death Of Robin Gibb

With Donna Summer gone last Friday, we lose another icon in Robin Gibb. So sad.

adam w
I just heard about the passing of Robin Gibb. I hope rage plays his 1984 hit Boys Do Fall In love.

Let's hope Rage will play more than just a few of their music videos.

I mentioned this on the Donna Summer thread. Let's hope Rage hosts a Bee Gees special this weekend or next as there are many music clips in the ABC archives.

Hope they don't show the 1971 concert from Festival Hall, Melbourne again as this was aired in tribute to Maurice in 2003.

I guess the best thing to do is make suggestions on the Rage website as it's worth a try.

ABC2 are playing Bee Gees: In our Own Time on Fiday night 8.30pm.

I hope rage play 'You Win Again' from '87. My fave Bee Gees track...and I don't have the video.

Rare vids from Robin Gibb coming up on rage this morning!

WOW * The video for 'Boys Do Fall in Love' is UTTERLY AMAZZZZZING!

I record rage on my IQ as you never know what setting rage will have in store and thank goodness as it was in 16.9 for some SILLY reason. So my copy doesn't have cut off titles, pheeeeew!

The video is MORE 80s than the 80s!! WOW

Michael
Rare vids from Robin Gibb coming up on rage this morning!

They played 13 of them. I liked the song "This is where I came in".

I remember seeing the clip for Juliet when it first came out. Never ever thought i would see it again.WOW!

I am hoping someone taped the full Bee Gees special that was played on Rage Saturday morning. The track "Wouldnt I be Someone" is very rare as is the film clip for "My World" - I got a bit sidetracked Saturday and missed the whole thing!! To be honest I have not even visited the Rage website since January -silly me!!

I looked at the Rage website and they had some crap about some bunch of unknowns guest programming on Saturday morning. Also the titles of some obscure cross-promotional JJJ clips as usual. I saw nothing on the site about The Bee Gees or Robin. As a result I missed out thinking there was nothing on. They really are getting slack.

Um, those 'UNKNOWNS" are the legendary Gang Of Four from the late 70s and 80s. Post Punk Funk legends!

I only kept the Robin clips solo videos if anyone needs a copy but didn't keep any Bee Gees stuff as the Robin Gibb solo videos caught my eyes more...

I recorded the Bee Gees/Robin Gibb special on Sat morning rage, but missed half the clip of the first song which kicked it off. Going by the timings on the playlist, I expected it to start around 9.08am or later, but I was caught out when the clip came on at 9.04am! Email me if you would like a copy. Cheers.

The CD/DVD special edition of Ultimate Bee Gees album is now available in shops and on online, they have a DVD of unreleased videos includes some promo videos such as one of Australia's first promotional film clips, Spicks and Specks.

Thanks for that Nicholas, I'll check it out. I heard on the radio this morning that Robin will get a public funeral at St.Andrew's or St.Paul's Cathedral, England in September. Did Maurice get the same in 2003?

Brett (2)
I am hoping someone taped the full Bee Gees special that was played on Rage Saturday morning. The track "Wouldnt I be Someone" is very rare as is the film clip for "My World" - I got a bit sidetracked Saturday and missed the whole thing!! To be honest I have not even visited the Rage website since January -silly me!!

Hi Brett (2),
I've noticed those 2 clips have been uploaded on YouTube this week and never seen these before on Rage as I posted some suggestions last Monday when Robin died. One clip they didn't show was "Lonely Days" which they do have in the ABC vaults on GTK & Hitscene.

Michael
I hope rage play 'You Win Again' from '87. My fave Bee Gees track...and I don't have the video.

Michael, I've got 'You Win Again' from a Showbiz VHS (official promo VHS) from 1988, though it has a brief 'Showbiz' logo over it near the start briefly.

Thanks for that Nathan, but I'm gonna buy The Bee Gees Ultimate CD/DVD - it has 'You Win Again'. This would be my first Bee Gees package I will own after all these years!