Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pseudo Echo on Dancing With the Stars

Interesting to see the boys on DWTS last night.
Sounded really good and got a great response from the audience.

Re: Pseudo Echo on Dancing With the Stars

Crap, I recorded it but got rid of it without watching as my friend wanted to see Brian Mannix.

Did they do Funky Town? I am SURE they did!!!

Just went to You Tube to look and it's there...

Bloody Funky Town, Australia is a DISGRACE! One of our BEST bands always are expected to do the SAME track over and over again on TV in this country! Gawd forbid Pseudo Echo performed A Beat For You, how would the general bogan public cope?!?!

And it's only Brian now, he told me before their 25th Anniversary show a few months ago that there was again trouble. Happened with the Leigh brothers in the 80s and now again... But this time Pierre has gone as well :-(

Bring back Anthony and Tony I SAY! The REAL Pseudo Echo!!!

I don't even watch DWTS or any other reality show at all so didn't know they were on.

And yes, it gets so annoying when they play the same old tune - especially Funky Town which isn't even their best song at all. I feel sorry for Brian having to sing that one all the time.

Only watching DWTS this season out of idle curiosity to see how Bwian Mannix goes.
Thought he would greatly embarrass himself and crash and burn but he's actually doing surprisingly well.
He can be an annoying, cheeky little **** a lot of the time but have actually found him to be quite endearing and likeable here. Obviously the public seem to as well as he's still there after 4 weeks.

Yes, Brian C must get so sick of forever performing that song. THey had so many better ones.

Especially when Funky Town wasn't their song in the first place

Jason 'The Moderator'
Gawd forbid Pseudo Echo performed A Beat For You, how would the general bogan public cope?!?!

Very true. It's a shame they're best known for a cover version done in a 'rock' style, instead of their synth stuff.

Also, it is ridiculous when someone tries to pass something off as being the original band when there's only the singer that's the same, or when the singer has died/left and the band try to carry on under the same name.