Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Edith Bliss dead?!?! :-(

R.I.P Edith Bliss, you were so camp and wonderful.

Bye lovely curly lady xoxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssEcGuv6uX0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoiW0QgttVg

Re: Edith Bliss dead?!?! :-(

Very sad news to hear Jason. I stll have her Sheer Bliss album that I bought back in the 80s.

Sad news indeed, especially considering whom we have already lost just this year alone. My heart goes out to her family, friends and fans.

Didn't Edith co-host TvTv on the ABC in the mid 90's?

Can someone please tell me what Countdown episodes these vids are from? Cheers.

Michael
Didn't Edith co-host TvTv on the ABC in the mid 90's?

Can someone please tell me what Countdown episodes these vids are from? Cheers.

Michael,

'If It's Love You Want' performance from Edith Bliss is from 11/11/1979 (Show no: 219)

'Heart Of Stone' performance from Edith Bliss is from 20/04/1980 (Show no: 236)

Oh that's so sad.
So young as well.

I remember her on Simon Townsend's Wonder World - always so bright and bubbly with the most brilliant smile that lit up the whole room.

Really liked If It's Love You Want.
Don't think I've heard or thought of that song since 1979. Brings back some fond memories...

Todays Daily Telegraphy has an editoral dedicated to Edith.
IT'S LOVE YOU WANT is available on the cd Australian Pop Of The 80's What'S My Scene Vol 3.

Rage are playing a very rare Edith Bliss clip this week - her cover version of Anything Goes from October 1983

GREAT! What's with the OZ Special in the morning? Sometimes rage really DO surprise!

Guru Bob
Rage are playing a very rare Edith Bliss clip this week - her cover version of Anything Goes from October 1983

Who sang the original of 'Anything Goes'?

Jason 'The Moderator'
GREAT! What's with the OZ Special in the morning? Sometimes rage really DO surprise!

November is officially Ozmusic month. It has been for as long as I can remember (22 years or so). Included, later in the month, is the ARIA awards!

Michael
Guru Bob

Who sang the original of 'Anything Goes'?

It's a Cole Porter song from the 1934 musical of the same name.

Guru Bob

I still have the single of this song as well as her only album. Thank you for the heads up of the clip on rage.

THANK GOODNESS I checked my forum last night after midnight or I would have missed the Edith Bliss clip. Just watched it and it's AMAZZZZZING!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS GURU, YET AGAIN!!!

Missed it. I'm still going through a 'I hate rage' phase ever since they stuffed up the ratios with the Daryl Cotton vids. I still sometimes check out the playlist, esp. last weeks with the 2 members from the Oils guest programming. Disappointed again, that they only played 10 or so tracks at the end at about 5am in the morning!

BTW - did anybody else enjoy watching the James Bond vids a few weeks ago Saturday morning? 'Licence To Kill' was a must have. Wish they also played 'For Your Eyes Only' (Sheena Easton) and 'Goldeneye' (Tina Turner)

Michael
I still sometimes check out the playlist, esp. last weeks with the 2 members from the Oils guest programming. Disappointed again, that they only played 10 or so tracks at the end at about 5am in the morning!

The Oils special was really odd last week - random (non-chronological) order, and several glaring omissions (do Rage not have the video for 'Dead Heart'? How can they have thrown it out, given Midnight Oil's Aussie 'icon' status?). There was also no 'Bedlam Bridge' video, or 'Redneck Wonderland'.

Plus the playlist stopped at 6am, when the special continued until 6:30, with a bunch of videos airing that didn't appear on the playlist.

All seems a bit... amateur.

All I can say is 'no attention to detail'.