Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"BIG" announcement Rage are making next Monday

The Rage facebook page mentions there is a "BIG" announcement they're making next Monday... They linked to DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince's 'Boom! Shake the Room' video on the Rage page as a 'clue'. I wonder what it could be?

Someone on the Facebook page posted they thought it might be 24/7 Rage... but I doubt it will be.

I'd like to think the announcement is they are abolishing the watermark permanently

Re: "BIG" announcement Rage are making next Monday

Love it if they announced a 24 hour music channel with LOTS of Countdowns and many other classic ABC music shows to be played. Now that would be amazing!

Now they have Fight For Your Right To Party as a clue???????????

Rage have been holding a contest on Facebook asking for entries for a new Rage scream.

I suspect the "big announcement" will be that on Rage's 25th anniversary they'll be changing the scream and perhaps adopting a new logo.

I'm hoping they get rid of all the alternative/indie **** and play more mainstream and retro music.

Michael
I'm hoping they get rid of all the alternative/indie **** and play more mainstream and retro music.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, please.

Big announcement, REALLY???!!!!! I wonder WHAT?

I wonder if they're going to use the dead half of ABC 3 for rage. I don't think the ABC have bandwidth left for another separate digital channel.

Repined On Venus
I wonder if they're going to use the dead half of ABC 3 for rage. I don't think the ABC have bandwidth left for another separate digital channel.

Yes, they could, apparently ABC News 24 is broadcasting at something like 11.8 Mbits, so if they chop that down to 7 MBits, they could squeeze another channel in (which I doubt they'd do).

A great suggestion, kill ABC3 for kids...... a total waste of our tax payers dollars, and they can make that a historical retro channel. One of my sisters / inlaws get DVDs for their little bibs, so why in the hell are our tax dollars wasted on this ABC3 crap.

Repined On Venus

If something like that happens, though, we could end up with a bright yellow or red ABC watermark over the music videos. As bad as as the white ABC1 watermark is, I'd prefer it to one of the more distracting colours. I really hope the announcement is they're doing away with the stupid watermark forever.

Checked the rage website this morning, and nothing really happening there, maybe a april's fools trick?

http://www.abc.net.au/rage/

It now says:

@rageabc is giving away a HUGE piece of history of the best 25th anniversary rage viewing party......What could that awesome prize be?

Hmm, so not as "HUGE" as airing on ABC3. I wonder what the "HUGE" piece of history is? The rage couch itself? (how boring) A copy of their video library catalogue? A copy of their entire library?

On Facebook:

"People have been hosting rage viewing parties for over 20 years... on the 21st of April in celebration of our Silver Jubilee we are encouraging you to hold an all night viewing party and the best party will win a HUGE piece of rage memorabilia... can you guess what it will be?"

I'm guessing it's the couch. Yawn.

Perhaps it is the list of crappy "alternative" clips they are forced to play over and over each week in order to cross promote Triple J.

I would estimate the E-bay resale value of the couch to be nothing more than a paltry $40

Repined On Venus
I would estimate the E-bay resale value of the couch to be nothing more than a paltry $40

Probably... The postage/delivery would be worth more than the couch itself

Well it's the couch:

We're asking you to help us Maintain the rage by throwing an all-night viewing party on the night of our 25 th birthday show (Saturday the 21 st of April starting at 10.20pm). If you throw the best party, you'll win a piece of rage history- the famous RED COUCH, from which hundreds of rock icons have lounged and told you their stories over the years.