Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Wildland - Late 80s Aussie group?

Does anyone know about this group? I once had their LP vinyl, but long lost it. I don't see anything on the internet anymore of them. Does anyone even have anything of their's or has this group really bit the dust??

Re: Looking for Wildland - Late 80s Aussie group?

Are they the group that did 'One For Unity' (or it might have just been called 'Unity')? I remember (I think) seeing that on Countdown Revolution in 1989, a 'live' studio performance. It's one of those songs I'd completely forgotten about until I stumbled across that dark recess of my brain about a year or so ago. Don't have anything by them though.

Ah, they are!

There's this release listed on discogs.com , but no copies of it listed for sale:

http://www.discogs.com/Wildland-One-for-Unity/release/2349276

There's some videos on youtube, too, including the music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSMytnJXhg8

On the Australian Music Report (Kent Report) chart (which was used by ARIA until late June 1988), 'Unity' peaked at #75 and spent 6 weeks in the top 100, from 7th Aug 1989. It was their only charting entry.

I bought this album new on vinyl at a brashs clean out, when they were closing down.

I ripped their one hit off it for my radio station collection, here's a lossless copy, hope this helps.

http://www.putlocker.com/file/4F7B23ADDC59325A

If I had my turntable setup properly, I wouldn't mind ripping the entire album, but belt and needle need replacing. :( The above rip was done about five years ago.

Wow Mark, that is fantastic. Many thanks for the upload, and yes that was the song I was looking for. And you said that came from Vinyl? That sounded so clean and what an awesome restoration job you've done.

I Had the cd from whe it first came out... was a good album.great production for its time and still holds up well now.... Similar to a Noiseworks sound.. sold the cd on ebay recently and had a heap of bidders so it seems there are a lot of fans out there..... The Sun was the next best song on that album..

I picked up the one for unity 12 inch which is signed for
A Donna. If anyone wants the track I could get it out via an email. Happy to help