Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Your Most Wanted Now Deleted Aussie 80's CD's???

For me, as I have mentioned before - Sharon O'Neill's "Edge Of Winter". There has been a discussion running under "Martin Plaza's Concrete & Clay" title - but to get more people involved in this very interesting discussion - I thought it deserved a new title! If you have a wants list of rare Oz CD's or just wish to talk about them..........

Re: Your Most Wanted Now Deleted Aussie 80's CD's???

If I were to say my most wanted. It would have to be the Ted Mulry Gang CD's. I was able to find 'Here We Go' along time ago and I own their 'Reunion' best of CD. But I would love to find 'Struttin','Steppin Out','The TMG Album' and 'The TMG Live'. I was able to find most of their albums on vinyl. I heard along time ago that Albert Music were going to do a re-release of their old artists. But I also heard that they weren't interested in doing any TMG re-releases.

Well, I think both Albums of The Venetians, which was Step Off The Ledge and Calling In The Lions, are very rare and hard to find. I know they have bought out a CD for each but still very hard to find.

Does anybody know if The Monitors bought out an album and if they did was there ever a CD made?

Haven't seen my CD collection for a wile, I have all the wav's on my computer, so this afternoon had a bit of a rummage through my CDs and....

I can help out with Ted Mulry Gang "Strutten"

Just confirming, are you talking about "Here we go", I have the "Here we are" CD which is blue, and was an albert's released from mid nineties. I picked up a lot of alberts CDs at some record fairs in early 00's, mainly flash and the pan, william shakespear, and John Paul Young.

I also have a Japanese CD of Venetians "Calling in the lions".

mail me at radio2prfm (at) optusnet.com.au, with subject "Rage Retro Month". I'll see what I can do. :) :)

Lee
Well, I think both Albums of The Venetians, which was Step Off The Ledge and Calling In The Lions, are very rare and hard to find. I know they have bought out a CD for each but still very hard to find.

Does anybody know if The Monitors bought out an album and if they did was there ever a CD made?

I don't think 'Step Off The Edge' was released on CD. I have it on Vinyl and a CD transfer copy. I do have their other two albums on CD 'Calling In The Lions' and 'Amazing World'. They are one of Australia's best forgotten bands. Many people overseas know about them.

The Monitors did release an album, but it's very different to the single releases. I have the album on red vinyl.

Mark from 2PR FM
Haven't seen my CD collection for a wile, I have all the wav's on my computer, so this afternoon had a bit of a rummage through my CDs and....

I can help out with Ted Mulry Gang "Strutten"

Just confirming, are you talking about "Here we go", I have the "Here we are" CD which is blue, and was an albert's released from mid nineties. I picked up a lot of alberts CDs at some record fairs in early 00's, mainly flash and the pan, william shakespear, and John Paul Young.

I also have a Japanese CD of Venetians "Calling in the lions".

mail me at radio2prfm (at) optusnet.com.au, with subject "Rage Retro Month". I'll see what I can do. :) :)

Your right it was 'Here We Are' that I have. I was probably thinking of the JPY song. I would love a copy of 'Strutten'. I will email you. I have the William Shakespear one. What JPY one do you have, as I only have his first album on CD, his 'The War Years' CD and of course his Compilation one.

I also have the "War years", but my JPY compilation has a white cover, with a small picture of a portrait of him in a blue tint in the middle, this one came out in I think 1989'ish. It has all the original recordings, but DOES NOT have the 1992 remix of "Love is in the air", I have that remix on the "Strictly ballroom" soundtrack. I know there was another JPY compilation that came out about 1993, it had him sitting with red ballroom curtains in the background, and had John Paul Young's Greatest Hits in gold text, which also did have the "Love is in the air" remix on it, this one I don't have.

Mark from 2PR FM
I also have the "War years", but my JPY compilation has a white cover, with a small picture of a portrait of him in a blue tint in the middle, this one came out in I think 1989'ish. It has all the original recordings, but DOES NOT have the 1992 remix of "Love is in the air", I have that remix on the "Strictly ballroom" soundtrack. I know there was another JPY compilation that came out about 1993, it had him sitting with red ballroom curtains in the background, and had John Paul Young's Greatest Hits in gold text, which also did have the "Love is in the air" remix on it, this one I don't have.

There are so many JPY compilations. I remember the white one with small picture in the middle called 'Classic Hits'. I have the other one that you are talking about, where he is standing in front of a red curtin, which is also called 'Classic Hits'. There is now a fifth one called JPY'I Hate The Music'.

brett
here are so many JPY compilations. I remember the white one with small picture in the middle called 'Classic Hits'. I have the other one that you are talking about, where he is standing in front of a red curtin, which is also called 'Classic Hits'. There is now a fifth one called JPY'I Hate The Music'.

Oops, abit of amnesia :) :) (tends to get that way at mid 40's, ha ha), that now sounds correct, yes the White one I have is "classic hits", but wasn't sure of the one that came out in 1993, I only saw it once in the Stands at HMV Mid CIty Sydney.

I have The Stylus Collection CD which was released twenty years ago that my sister send it to me by mail after she won a bid of it on eBay and I don't know when the CD reissues of Stylus' four albums are going to be release in Australia after it was released in Japan before.
And for Ted Mulry Gang, I would like to get Steppin'Out on CD if it's being reissued on CD and released soon.

Did The Promise ever release anything on CD?? Would love to get Walking With A Weight. Also an Adelaide band from the mid 80's called F.A.B. Had a minor hit with Happy People which i would love to get as well.

JASE
Did The Promise ever release anything on CD?? Would love to get Walking With A Weight. Also an Adelaide band from the mid 80's called F.A.B. Had a minor hit with Happy People which i would love to get as well.

Hi Jase, Here's FAB's 'Happy People' I have recorded it from the single that I have. I have uploaded it in WAV.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/KZJQWKC/FAB Happy People.rar

brett
Hi Jase, Here's FAB's 'Happy People' I have recorded it from the single that I have. I have uploaded it in WAV.

Wow! Brett, Fantastic vinyl job, nice and clean, and not a bad song, considering I've never heard it before. :) Did that come off a direct drive at all?

Mark from 2PR FM
brett

Wow! Brett, Fantastic vinyl job, nice and clean, and not a bad song, considering I've never heard it before. :) Did that come off a direct drive at all?

Now worries Mark. Yes, I recorded directly off my direct drive turntable to my Yamaha CD/HDD recorder.

Thanks Brett. That's awesome. I haven't heard that song in over 20 years. I have the clip on VHS somewhere but god knows what sort of condition it is in now.

JASE
Thanks Brett. That's awesome. I haven't heard that song in over 20 years. I have the clip on VHS somewhere but god knows what sort of condition it is in now.

Jase, I've been looking for this song for about as long as you have. I had heard the song on CountDown, but I had forgotten who sang it. Until one day last year, I stumble upon a Adelaide bands page on the web which gave me the answer. I went to the local 2nd hand record store and it was amongst their thousands of singles.

The Promise. I know they had an album, but I don't know if it was released on CD.

brett
JASE

Hi Brett

I hope you don't mind if I grab it as well?

Hi Guys

Does anybody have in their music collections either on CD or Vinyl The Hippos Dark Age song? It came out in 1988 and was brilliant.

Also would anybody happen to have their video or some footage, there is a couple of youtube clips?

One last request, does anybody have any footage whether it be the actual video or a live event of The Bengal Tigers Break and Bend, i thibk this song came out in 1983 or 1984?

Thankyou

Lee
brett
JASE

Hi Brett

I hope you don't mind if I grab it as well?

No Problem Lee.

Another impossible CD to find is the Colin James Hay solo CD looking for jack. This album had the February 1987 hit, "Hold me". I just made an offer of $23 to this German seller, but no go, he can keep it for that price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Colin-James-Hay-Looking-Jack-1987-Men-Work-CBS-Japan-cd-Herbie-Hancock-/250984038723?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3a6fd08143

Mark from 2PR FM
Another impossible CD to find is the Colin James Hay solo CD looking for jack. This album had the February 1987 hit, "Hold me". I just made an offer of $23 to this German seller, but no go, he can keep it for that price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Colin-James-Hay-Looking-Jack-1987-Men-Work-CBS-Japan-cd-Herbie-Hancock-/250984038723?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3a6fd08143

Hi Mark
I have that CD album. I bought it back in 1987 because I liked the track 'Can I Hold You'.

The Promise would not have been released on CD I wouldn't have thought. Nice to see them on that Countdown a few weeks back.

I have uploaded the clip for FAB's Happy People to YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KcEgPnwyZo&list=UUyrv0Hh9wBh1l7kdLMkWDLw&index=13&feature=plcp

brett
Hi Mark
I have that CD album. I bought it back in 1987 because I liked the track 'Can I Hold You'.

Hi Brett, awesome, you're a life saver, if you can do a lossless rip of it, that would be fab. I've got some links for you, if you can please send me an e-mail at radio2prfm (at) optusnet.com.au.

Hi Guys

Does anybody happen to have the Dugites CD Hisstorical, that they are able to share with me, lossless format if possible.

I can't seem to find it anywhere

Thankyou

Lee
Hi Guys

Does anybody happen to have the Dugites CD Hisstorical, that they are able to share with me, lossless format if possible.

I can't seem to find it anywhere

Thankyou

I have a copy Lee but as you will be aware from previous dealings with me I am about the most technologically impaired person around - I don't even know what lossless format is.

It was released by Sony in 2004.

Photobucket

I'm after Swanee's 'This Time Is Different' from 1982 and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on The Party Boys album from '87. The studio performance of 'Gloria' on The Factory has ignited by interest in this album....and of course anything by The Dugites.

Hey guys. give me a little time, I can definitly fix you guys up with the Dugites, and Swanee. I don't know if I have the same swanee album, but it is him in a blue football top, with a river in the background with some swans. It has temporary heartache, If I were a carpenter, Lady what's your name, and Sail away, I'm assuming it's a greatest hits, quite often I buy CDs by the track listings, not actually aware of the albums exact name, I'll check it out.

Hi Mark, I have Swanee's 'Days Gone By' which I bought on record a few years ago. I assume it is a greatest hits also. It has him on the cover wearing a footy jumper - I think St.Kilda from memory? Will have to check it out again. What is the title of your Swanee album? Thanks in advance for The Dugites!

Michael
Hi Mark, I have Swanee's 'Days Gone By' which I bought on record a few years ago. I assume it is a greatest hits also. It has him on the cover wearing a footy jumper - I think St.Kilda from memory? Will have to check it out again. What is the title of your Swanee album? Thanks in advance for The Dugites!

Yep, that's the one, "days gone buy". I'll see if I can get the Dugites together tomorrow around lunch. :) :) wink wink

I thought I would take this opportunity to send a big thank you to Brett for the Colin James Hay album, and also Lee who got it for me two days later, not knowing I already had it from Brett.

I've also sent you some links Lee, you might want to check your mail. :) :).

Michael, could you please send me an e-mail at radio2prfm (at) optusnet.com.au, I also have a link for you.

Good to see your appearance on RockWiz again last night Mark

John
Good to see your appearance on RockWiz again last night Mark

Thanks. :) Was this a repeat on SBS again? I think they repeat them every year, and for some reason the one I appeared in airs around February.

Does Swanee barracked for St.Kilda before just like Molly?

Actually,the repeat of the RockWiz episode shown over the weekend with you in it Mark was slightly shorter than when it first aired.
That Top 10 from '85 or '86(might've been '86)Julia asked for from you was missing.

Nicholas
Does Swanee barracked for St.Kilda before just like Molly?

Don't know. Maybe Swanee wore the St.Kilda jumper on the cover of 'Days Gone By' so Molly would give the album a look in on Humdrum?

I have a spare copy of Koo De Tah's cd if anyone is ever desperate for it. It's a RARE one INDEED!!!

Mark from 2PR FM
I thought I would take this opportunity to send a big thank you to Brett for the Colin James Hay album, and also Lee who got it for me two days later, not knowing I already had it from Brett.

I've also sent you some links Lee, you might want to check your mail. :) :).

Michael, could you please send me an e-mail at radio2prfm (at) optusnet.com.au, I also have a link for you.

Hi Mark, I emailed you about a week ago and haven't heard anything from you.

John
Actually,the repeat of the RockWiz episode shown over the weekend with you in it Mark was slightly shorter than when it first aired.
That Top 10 from '85 or '86(might've been '86)Julia asked for from you was missing.

I hadn't seen it, but apparently one of my friends on Skype also said the same. Uh well. When it all happened back in 2008, it truly was five minutes of fame in the papers, radio, and television. I'm not kidding, hardly anyone new me after the show. A guy I met at 2UE before my on-air interview, couldn't even remember me the next week when I enquired about working there. To my memory, during the phone conversation he was asking me, "Who are you? What can you do for me? What can you do that I'm not doing already?". Seriously I was L M F A O, The ignorance and discrimination of people with disabilities in this country is a real eye opener. I bet if I was a 20 year old female with boobs nearly hangin out (the type you see on Ten News), he would of remembered me. But uh well! As Frank Sinatra sang, "That's life, that's life, that's life, let it swing, let it swing, let it swing".

interested in 7" 'dark age / rodent operative' without picture sleeve.it was a gift and I've never played it.

i'd like venetians 'calling'. always liked 'inspiration'.
they went from new wave rto pop to rock in 3 lps.
all were better than inxs,australian crawl, cold chisel etc.

paul b
interested in 7" 'dark age / rodent operative' without picture sleeve.it was a gift and I've never played it.

Hi Paul B

I have their whole album on CD if you are interested? I love Dark Age!!

thanks but no thanks.
are these rare ?
pseudo echo 'love an adventure (o artwork except front/back covr, no lyrics
koo de tah
roxus nightstreet digipak
collette raze the roof
collette attitude

I could cry remembering I gave away wildland cd.
I have two of my original 1991 demos featuring adam thomson on vocals and craig harnath (kids in the kitchen) before chocolate starfish hit the charts.

Yes,i would agree that "Ted Mulry Gang" cds are very rare,especially Strutti.They were re-released in 1992 for a short time,I have Here we are,TMG,TMG live,Re-union x2,still after the allusive "STRUTTIN", it was recently on e bay,i lost out on a bid of $536!! (steppin out was never released on cd)
A few others that come to mind are, Australian Crawl The final wave, The Ferrets Dreams of a love, Various artists Concert of the decade.

Hi,

just wondering if you still have that Koo De Tah CD?

I am also looking for Sharon O'Neill - Edge of Winter on CD.

Kind regards
Gavin

Re: Your Most Wanted Now Deleted Aussie 80\\\'s CD\\\'s???

I have a spare Koo De Tah cd, how much would you want to pay or it?

Re: Your Most Wanted Now Deleted Aussie 80\\\'s CD\\\'s???

Hi Gavin, I eventually got Shaz's Edge of Winter on LP off ebay from France of all places & paid $80 for it. The only CD i have seen of it sold on ebay a few weeks ago for around $330. Crazy. The album never made the top 100 in 1990, which is simply why it is so hard to find. A couple of rareties that i have are the ferret's dreams of a love ('93 mushroom mid price masters) & electric pandas point blank, also a '93 reissue.

Re: Your Most Wanted Now Deleted Aussie 80\\\\\\\'s CD\\\\\\

Hi Mat,
I recently picked up the ferrets dreams of a love on cd off ebay for $20,
and also completed my ted mulry gang cd collection with struttin (which
cost me a fortune)

Re: Your Most Wanted Now Deleted Aussie 80\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'

Well done on the Ferrets CD. I've had that since the mid 90's. To find it for $20 was a steal! Electric Pandas is listed on ebay on CD for $1000!!! Wow! Mind you, i didn't even know it was issued on CD.

Anyone still got that Koo De Tah CD available? I'm guessing everybody's playing MP3's or Spotify or Google Play these days, but I'm after the actual CD if anybody can help me?

Get in touch at subculture@shatoo.no if you can help!

Shout out from synthpop/new wave fan in Norway!

Per Aksel :)

I'm disappointed with the lack of support in the digital age from the Record labels.

So many artists back catalogue completely ignored.

They only ever get seen on compilation cds at best these days.

Wow I cannot believe I have only just discovered this thread now. I’m interested in Wendy & The Rocketts CD that was issued back in early 2000s not sure if it was a compilation of Greatest Hits or Dazed For Days album but would love a copy if at all possible. The other cd I would like is Domestic Harmony from Do Re Mi which was available for a time on cd. I seen both these titles at the time and was going to buy them but somehow did not get around to doing so.

1 2