Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bloody Jane Gazzo!

For those of you wondering 'who?!' - she of the plait, the googly eyes, and the so-crap-it-almost-makes-Dylan-Lewis*-look-like-a-decent-host "skills" former co-host of Recovery.

(*I had to google his surname, as I've tried to banish him from my memory)

On Rage's twitter feed (no, I don't normally follow, but had to check this out after seeing the recent feed on the rage website):

JaneGazzo Jane Gazzo
@rageabc Enjoyed the #ragegoesretro at weekend but you lost me on the crap 90's music after Soho's Hippychick..BDO artists old clips maybe?
2 hours ago

rageabc rage
@
@JaneGazzo We normally play stuff at least 10 yrs old during #ragegoesretro, but will keep in mind for next year; thanks for suggestions!
2 hours ago

JaneGazzo Jane Gazzo
@
@rageabc Yes, yes I get that.. you coulda played first ever Soundgarden, Living End, Cavalera etc video's that are over 10 years old..
1 hour ago

Bloody hell! Does she not watch rage any other time during the year? (although last I heard she was in the UK, so I guess she wouldn't get reception). They play that S H I T all the time (or at least used to basically every weekend in the 90's and early 00's).

I almost want to join twitter to write something nasty on her wall.

Re: Bloody Jane Gazzo!

At least rage set her straight:

rageabc rage
@
@JaneGazzo Yep, but those clips get a lot of love; in Jan we try and dig up stuff we don't play often. Of course, we can't please everybody!

I dont mind Jane Gazzo. She used to be a DJ on TripleJ too.

I would have dated her too, very cute back in the day.

Although on the whole, I didn't like Recovery and Lewis in paricular. They did sometimes have bands I did enjoy in the 90s.

I saw this earlier today and sent her a message. She replied, but I don't get exactly what her reply means?.... As she is a lover of the 80s I am surprised she wants Soundgarden S H I T !!!

Kissin2BClever Jason Buchanan
@JaneGazzo Rubber's T-Shirt was FAB in the 90s. I am an 80s New Romantic, 80s, 80s Countdown lover and HATED Recovery but you were FAB
Jan 29, 6:14 PM via web

JaneGazzo Jane Gazzo
@Kissin2BClever Recovery had the ability to polarise many back then.. though time's healed much of that. Meeting Boy George was a highlight.
Jan 29, 6:17 PM via web
In reply to…

I just sent her another message, I am sure she will be P I S S E D at me as I told her not to encourage rage to play 90s Alternative S H I T in January's!

Kissin2BClever Jason Buchanan
@JaneGazzo Please don't encourage rage to play 90s rubbish like Soundgarden when they play it all year. 80s New Wave, Countdown, Rock Arena!
Jan 29, 9:41 PM via web

JaneGazzo Jane Gazzo
@Kissin2BClever Fair point.
Jan 29, 11:48 PM via Twitter for iPhone
In reply to…

I never liked her. I still see her on Channel V. She still thinks she's 18, when she is now in her 30's. Time to move on and host more adult orientated shows. MAX? Idol?

Michael
I never liked her. I still see her on Channel V. She still thinks she's 18, when she is now in her 30's. Time to move on and host more adult orientated shows. MAX? Idol?

She doesn't bother me personally (other than thinking 'omg HOW is this crap show allowed to air?!' when she was hosting Recovery), but her suggestion that Rage play Recovery and videos by The Living End and other 'BDO' acts during retro month instead of the 90's 'crap' they played on the weekend pi$$ed me right off... hence the creation of this thread. But I would believe what you're saying Michael.

I find it interesting that she is DEEPLY into the 80s New Wave scene yet she wants Living End S H I T... As she said to me on her reply to her about rage playing crap like that all year, she said 'fair point'...

I actually think 2013 is going to have HEAPS on 90s Recovery crap as the messageboard is already filled with 90s Alternative hideous things!

Most DJ's/VJ's appreciate all types and eras of music. Maybe she just wanted to see herself on telly again? I hope the Recovery freaks don't get up at rage as they showed a full The Factory episode and now expect the same (again) for Recovery. No doubt it will be random people asking for it who have only just started to show an interst in this January programming.

Those 90s pop hits had great production values. Many of those tunes were produced and written by the top producers and were mixed by some of the most renowned sound engineers. It's just that it isn't considered to be "cool" to her.

But anyone who is passionate about music likes to push their own favourites on everyone else, I used to be like that. Though for someone like Jane, it's all about the subculture. I mean, how could she possibly elaborate as to why the music was crap compared to other music, it's subjective.

I thought her comments were immature and irritating. It's one thing to suggest BDO clips, and another to say that certain music is crap. Besides, it's Channel V that will have the vast majority of Big Day Out footage anyway.

Where as, when I look at the musical taste of good radio DJs of whom their musical tastes I know of, or even myself, it's highly eclectic. Now that my taste in music has matured, I appreciate all sorts of music from Alternative Rock, Metal, Indie Rock, Britpop, Classic Rock to 90s and 80s Pop, Dance, Ambient and everything in between. I even suprise myself sometimes at how eclectic and varied my own tastes are.

rage should be lauded for playing all sorts of music.

Well said, Repined On Venus. I think I have fairly eclectic tastes too (e.g. I'm pretty sure I have a Samantha Fox track and a Megadeth track on the same car mixed CD-R that I compiled), although there are certain genres I'm much more fond of than others.

I really despised the Jeremy Jordan 'The Right Kind of Love' track at the time (possibly largely due to its 90210 associations), but it was quite funny to see it again last Saturday night. I also love the Shanice 'I Love Your Smile' track and video, even though it's a corny song on some levels.

Repined On Venus
Though for someone like Jane, it's all about the subculture. I mean, how could she possibly elaborate as to why the music was crap compared to other music, it's subjective.

Exactly! Like what you like and don't worry about how 'cool' (or not) it's perceived to be.