Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown Adelaide Festival 1978

Guys,

I was curious enough to go through Troy's lists of what exists in the Countdown library and came across an entry for the 1978 Countdown ep of the Adelaide festival.

The technical notes at the bottom though read as follows:

"Technical Information.: VHS PREVIEW COPY TIME DISPLAYED;EX 2" TAPES BA79S AND AZ1316V ERASED.NOT FOR TX. VPR MASTER TAPE & DIGITAL OC1 HAVE INSTABILITIES ROUGHLY EVERY 40 SECS, SUITABLE FOR SEG (30-90 SECONDS) RETRIEVAL ONLY. NO COMPLETE SONGS RETRIEVABLE FROM THIS TAPE AND CANNOT BE RE-DONE AS MASTER WAS RECORDED BADLY
Miscellaneous.........: ORIGINAL OC1, CWA3530V, MISSING AS AT 13/12/01"

This info mentions TWO 2" master tapes, and the fact that it has "instabilities roughly every 40 seconds". I thought if it only happens once every 40 seconds its not gonna be a bother to us as long as the tape actually locks and they can get even at least *some* of the program off the tape. Though no such luck of that happening with "Ex 2" tapes ba79s and az1316v erased" so they only have a copy tape to work off now, with which these instabilities seem to have also transferred themselves to the digital copy.

The other notable thing is "Original OC1 missing as at 13/12/01". So there was a *third* tape but that's missing...? And the discovery that it was missing happened as late as 2001? If it's missing, is it possible there was a dub on 1 inch tape and its just lost in the ABC archives somewhere?

Food for thought...

Re: Countdown Adelaide Festival 1978

Being an Adelaide boy I would love to see this one. I honestly wouldn't mind at all seeing any flaws, etc. This is one of the very few complete 1970's eps Rage have yet to air - would be great just to see it.

Strange about that other copy going missing in 2001 - could just be lost in the archive somewhere there - along with their copy of the 2/9/84 Jackson Victory Competition episode - which at the moment only exists from someone's else's VHS copy which was put up on Youtube awhile ago. Would love to see that one too.

I would LOVE to see this tonight. I would have liked at least an hr and a half of 70s tonight rather than those silly 90s videos!

I know, me too. And I really don't think the dedicated Countdown viewer would care if this 1978 episode has faults in it. Just to see it after all this time would be fantastic - if I was programming January I'd put this in.

Then again I'd put a LOT of things in!

If I was programming January on rage THIS would be on PRONTO!!!!

While we would all love to see it, with the audio dropping out every 40 seconds (which is totally unfixable even with todays modern technology for a show that features only live performances) this will NEVER be shown. Sad, but you couldnt expect them to transmit a show with a fault as bad as that!!

I too would love to see this episode despite it's flaws but as Brett says it's probably never going to happen

Doesn't the ABC have a channel on Youtube these days.

They could download some of it to Youtube surely.

Frankster30
Guys,

I was curious enough to go through Troy's lists of what exists in the Countdown library and came across an entry for the 1978 Countdown ep of the Adelaide festival.

I was also going through Troy's list recently and found a reference to an episode that isn't listed on Jason's archive page and I doesn't appear to be repeated. It appears to feature a live performance by Sherbet at Festival Hall. It is designated episode 72 and dated 18 July 1976.

Has this been repeated on Rage over the years? Is it held by the ABC or only in private hands?

If it hasn't been shown then perhaps this could be shown during the year or next retro to make up for the lack of 70s material played this year?

Matty Knoller
Frankster30
Guys,

I was also going through Troy's list recently and found a reference to an episode that isn't listed on Jason's archive page and I doesn't appear to be repeated. It appears to feature a live performance by Sherbet at Festival Hall. It is designated episode 72 and dated 18 July 1976.

Has this been repeated on Rage over the years? Is it held by the ABC or only in private hands?

If it hasn't been shown then perhaps this could be shown during the year or next retro to make up for the lack of 70s material played this year?

Matty
I am fairly sure that episode doesn't exist but being a live concert maybe the concert footage has survived somewhere. Would be interesting to see if it did exist.

Bob, it's definitely listed as a complete episode not an excerpt or studio performance.

Could be a mistake I suppose?

Interesting, might have to ask Troy what it's all about.

That Sherbert special is mentioned on the 23 January 1977 show by Molly as being repeated the following week with the week after that being the start of the regular season.

If that was all filmed then it must surely exist somewhere - or maybe some of the footage may have been released on a Sherbert DVD perhaps?

The show definitely exists in full. It is called "Around the World in 80 days" and was shown during 1976 and looks as if it was given an episode number as part of the Countdown sequence. I did mention this during my full year-by-year run down of Rage screenings etc in a separate posting here.
I have it somewhere - just have to find it. It wasn't anything startling though - an entire episode devoted to concert footage etc. Still, since they did show the end of 1975 Sherbet special in full on Rage then this one is a candidate for sure.

Original link where mentioned as below

http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2015862427&frmid=135&msgid=902466&cmd=show

Guru Bob
Interesting, might have to ask Troy what it's all about.

Might be a show that Bob and some of the others could lobby the RAGE team to show? It might not have been archived as 'Countdown' but under the title of the series it was repeated on and escaped the purges?

It seems that it might be more of a candidate than the Adelaide Festival Special as that's supposed to be damaged. The Adelaide Show gets mentioned quite a bit but not this one?

This would go a long way to catering for 70s fans one retro summer!

Matty
I have left a message to support showing it next year although these messages may be more effective around June-Aug when Rage start compiling their retro footage. May need a reminder message at a later date.

Also saw there was a message there from Kyron who had a go at Troy and Brett for knowing about it but not alerting others to it. I thought that was a bit harsh. Brett assisted me in getting all the Hitscene and GTK information which in turn led me to make it available to everyone on this site and I would think that actions like that are hardly selfish. Troy has set up a 70sCountdown website looking for lost episodes which has great information and anything he finds he puts on YouTube to share - so again I wouldn't think that to be selfish. But that is just the perspective that some have.

Incidently, Matty Knoller is an anagram of Kyron Mallett or am I looking too deep into this???

Guru Bob
Matty
I have left a message to support showing it next year although these messages may be more effective around June-Aug when Rage start compiling their retro footage. May need a reminder message at a later date.

Also saw there was a message there from Kyron who had a go at Troy and Brett for knowing about it but not alerting others to it. I thought that was a bit harsh. Brett assisted me in getting all the Hitscene and GTK information which in turn led me to make it available to everyone on this site and I would think that actions like that are hardly selfish. Troy has set up a 70sCountdown website looking for lost episodes which has great information and anything he finds he puts on YouTube to share - so again I wouldn't think that to be selfish. But that is just the perspective that some have.

Incidently, Matty Knoller is an anagram of Kyron Mallett or am I looking too deep into this???

Regardless, looks like its gone public now Bob!

It's not Troy or Brett that could be accused of keeping quiet about it. One advertised it on a website and the other referred to it openly on a public forum.

If you actually didn't know about it, one would think you'd be happy someone would bring it to public attention?

Kyron's barbs appear to have only been directed at people who might have been keeping quiet deliberately, lowering the chances of it ever being broadcast. I suppose talking openly about it might upset hoarders who like that feeling associated with having material no one else has... even better when others don't even know it exists!

I notice though that very recently, you have been a little more forthcoming with playlist material other than Countdown. It's nice to know one can inform people about shows other than Countdown here, apparently as long as its not Countdown Revolution!

I guess the only remedy this is to bring it up on the ABC forum everytime the Adelaide Festival is mentioned (which by you alone would be every other week). I think I'll start now and not mid-year.

Gotta go anyway, some of us don't like the general aroma on this forum. Bye.

Matty Knoller

Fantastic, I can only see that as being a good thing. I sense a hint of sarcasm in that comment though, not sure what it is in relation to?

Matty Knoller
It's not Troy or Brett that could be accused of keeping quiet about it. One advertised it on a website and the other referred to it openly on a public forum.

In that case who are you accusing of keeping it quiet, I wasn't aware that anyone else may have known of it? Your accusation seems to be directed at me yet the first I knew of it was 5 days ago when you brought it up here.

Matty Knoller
If you actually didn't know about it, one would think you'd be happy someone would bring it to public attention?

As I said, I only found out about it here 5 days ago from yourself, and I am HAPPY (hopefully that is obvious enough) that it has been brought to public attention. I have supported it on the Rage Messageboard. What more are you expecting from me?

Matty Knoller
Kyron's barbs appear to have only been directed at people who might have been keeping quiet deliberately, lowering the chances of it ever being broadcast. I suppose talking openly about it might upset hoarders who like that feeling associated with having material no one else has... even better when others don't even know it exists!

Who has been keeping this quiet deliberately? The only people who appear to have it are likely to be Brett and Troy. But even if they have kept it quiet this is not actually a criminal court where evidence has been withheld.

If anyone has done their own private research then I would think they are free to do with that as they please. Or is everyone a servant of yours and they must provide what they know? Are you expecting me to do your research for you just like Kyron?

Matty Knoller
I notice though that very recently, you have been a little more forthcoming with playlist material other than Countdown. It's nice to know one can inform people about shows other than Countdown here, apparently as long as its not Countdown Revolution!

Almost word for word with what Kyron posted here. It is only very recently that I got hold of Hitscene and GTK information - in July last year to be exact. I can't part with information that I don't have. Prior to that I only had Countdown information and a bit on The Factory and Rock Arena - which is information that I had posted here previously about 4 years ago. I don't have any information on Countdown Revolution other than what is on TARA. What would you like me to mention about Countdown Revolution? On another thread I did post some scans of Countdown Revolution adverts from 1989 TV Weeks, is there something more that was expected of me?

Matty Knoller
I guess the only remedy this is to bring it up on the ABC forum everytime the Adelaide Festival is mentioned (which by you alone would be every other week). I think I'll start now and not mid-year.

In case you had not noticed this is actually a thread on a Countdown forum started by Frankster 30 discussing the Adelaide Festival episode. Patrick, Jason, Brett (2), Gary and Stephen all left messages in regards to that. In case you didn't notice, I actually did not but it is clear that a number of people would like to see it so I don't see what you have against promoting it.

The first comment I left on this thread was actually in relation to yours which brought up the possibility that a Sherbet/TMG episode exists which I wasn't aware of.

I do mention the Adelaide Festival from time to time as that was the only episode I knew of that had not been played on Rage. I have supported this Sherbet/TMG concert in a post yesterday. Is there anything else you would like to request from me that I am liable for?

Matty Knoller

No problems. So unfortunately I guess you won't be back to actually present some evidence in relation to your accusations. Who is "some of us" anyhow? Multiple personalities of the same person doesn't count.

A bit weasely hiding behind anagrams of your real identity to hurl veiled accusations, hey bob?
I happened to see his latest post before he edited it and it was quite bitter and abusive...

What is this guys problem?

Michael

Not sure where Kyron is going with all of this. I actually supported the showing of an episode that he suggested but apparently that was not to his liking because he assumed for some unexplained reason that I was hoarding and hiding it - as if I have that much power to fool the ABC archivists or that I would even attempt something so stupid.

If I get abused for supporting it then I won't go near it again. He will have to do his own promotional work with all his fictitious friends.

When he has one of his turns they are easy enough to identify as they usually don't make sense and baseless accusations or inaccuracies start appearing as he has an inability to read and comprehend messages when he gets flustered.

You only have to read through this thread to see where he goes off on his own tangent. His latest 2 postings as PeterQ and himself in response to a comment I made at Rage give clear evidence of this example.

I will have to just steer clear of him, PeterQ, Matty Knoller, Jimmy and any other names he comes up with on various forums, although it is sometimes hard to pick at first who is writing what. No doubt more characters that I have never seen before will pop up to support him.

Hopefully one of his aliases will lead Rage to this forum and they can see for themselves his ridiculous postings.

Ultimately it would be a lot better if we could all work together for the common good, but that is perhaps just wishful thinking.

Guru Bob
He will have to do his own promotional work with all his fictitious friends.

You only have to read through this thread to see where he goes off on his own tangent. His latest 2 postings as PeterQ and himself in response to a comment I made at Rage give clear evidence of this example.

I will have to just steer clear of him, PeterQ, Matty Knoller, Jimmy and any other names he comes up with on various forums, although it is sometimes hard to pick at first who is writing what. No doubt more characters that I have never seen before will pop up to support him.

Quite sad and deluded really that he's reduced to making up fictitious names on forums and answering himself to back himself up and justify his point of view.

Guru Bob
Michael

Not sure where Kyron is going with all of this. I actually supported the showing of an episode that he suggested but apparently that was not to his liking because he assumed for some unexplained reason that I was hoarding and hiding it - as if I have that much power to fool the ABC archivists or that I would even attempt something so stupid.

If I get abused for supporting it then I won't go near it again. He will have to do his own promotional work with all his fictitious friends.

When he has one of his turns they are easy enough to identify as they usually don't make sense and baseless accusations or inaccuracies start appearing as he has an inability to read and comprehend messages when he gets flustered.

Hopefully one of his aliases will lead Rage to this forum and they can see for themselves his ridiculous postings.

Ultimately it would be a lot better if we could all work together for the common good, but that is perhaps just wishful thinking.

Reading through I suspect Kyron and Matty are the same person (although he's only been posting as one on either forum). Probably because of the disgusting intolerance I've often see exhibited over the years.

I am definately Peter Quistgard. Not everyone who disagrees with you is named Kyron Mallett! I don't even think he mentioned you in his original post (let alone Brett or Troy). I think you might be getting a bit hypersensitive.

I disagree with your view on hoarding being okay. I object to it on moral grounds. Still, its not illegal, just arguably immoral.

I have long lurked and rarely posted and this sort of thing is the reason for it. I've seen the pattern on other forums: if there's a free-thinker, the sycophants move in for a go and then the big ones move in for the kill. Pretty shameful stuff.

Might be time for a private retro music forum that liberally moderated so that encourages free-thinking?

I do NOT understand why there is bad feeling here on this topic with Matty Knoller who is obviously Kyron.

What exactly is the problem. I would like to know?

Did Troy find footage and kept it to himself which has annoyed others or something? Sorry, I am LOST (lol)

Anymore comments abusing Guru and regular posters on this forum will have their comments removed!

Jason
It's all OK - I think. There appears to be some crossed wires in the information transmission.

Kyron found out about a possible lost episode of Countdown via Troy's site which I found interesting as I hadn't heard of it.

He then left a barbed comment at Rage suggesting people are withholding footage/information from others which I assumed was aimed at Troy as that is where he found it. As far as I could work out, from comments made, only Troy or Brett knew about it, let alone might have the footage, as I had never before even seen this mentioned. I know Brett personally, thanks to this forum - in fact the only person on this forum that I do know in the outside world - and I know he passes everything that he knows of on to the ABC. He is one of the nicest people I have met. If he has a copy of ABC footage then that means that the ABC would as well. From what I have heard of Troy he does the same. So I assumed it was an unwarranted comment at either of those two which I thought was harsh and said so.

I supported getting it shown but in the process worked out Kyron's anagram thing. I think that last bit upset Kyron so he has lashed out at me about nothing despite me having supported seeing that episode. I then just pointed out some irregularities in his comments.

I then decided to let Kyron/Matty/PeterQ go his own way as he seemed determined to make a point of some sort - no matter how ill informed. I won't add to any of his discussion here unless it relates personally to me or I accidentally don't identify any other future personas he wishes to employ. As far as Rage goes, if he wishes to make a fool of himself I will leave that to his better judgment - particularly if he invites them directly here where they can see the full evidence.

He has now put a comment on Rage suggesting that I support hoarding when I had said "If anyone has done their own private research then I would think they are free to do with that as they please." I was only relating to private research - ie data, as in files or general information - which is totally separate from footage and hoarding which is some sort of bugbear to Kyron. If someone does their own research I don't see why they have an obligation to tell the world about it. I don't agree with the hoarding of footage either but that is how he has interpreted what I wrote.

I'm all for free speech and opinions so I would like to see an unhindered forum but there would need to be some personal restraint in the type of comments made as some are just outright rude.

As far as I am concerned. I believe it's so AMAZING that any footage Troy or anyone finds of deleted Countdown's or any other music programs can be shared so we can all view them BUT in saying that, if Troy or anyone DO find lost footage they actually have NO obligation to share it with anyone if they don't want to!

After all, it's not like the ABC are trying to find lost footage, are they?... The fans do!!! And this may teach ABC and any other television stations to NOT trash their historical archival footage!!!

May I add, I don't delete comments off this forum unless they get extremely OUT OF HAND!

I have just read all these postings in here and in the Rage guestbook and I am afraid this has all become a big storm in a teacup.

The person at Rage that is implying that maybe myself or Troy may be "hoarding" missing Countdown footage is a long way from the truth. The ABC have had this Sherbet 1976 special episode in their archives for a long period of time. I would not have highlighted it to anyone in the past as it is of no personal interest to me at all and that would be the only reason. By all means feel free to request this episode for next Summer or maybe sooner. The Special is called "Sherbet Around the world in 80 days" - song listing is shown below. Unfortunately the Tara database has never been complete in what it locates in the ABC archives.

Thanks Gurubob for the kind words as well - much appreciated and I fail to see what all the fuss was about anyway. I am the last person in the world that would want to hoard any footage and I was responsible for arranging the return of the missing 1977 show to the ABC for tranmission back in the mid-2000's - and which they did do so a couple of years ago.

As Troy had done so much great work on his web page and in his own attempts to locate missing footage (he was responsible for getting the missing 1978 show back to the ABC as well) I arranged for him to make the big announcement regarding the locating of the missing 1977 show at the time. It was at least 5 or 6 years ago now, long before this forum had started. If I manage to discover anything in future (and anything is possible with various contacts and millions of hours of video footage that I get to go through year by year) then I will arrange for the news to go via Troys website as well. It is only fair given his own efforts in this area which often go unrecognised. He is still searching by the way, but very little does turn up. That is really all there is to say.

Given Clive Shakespeares sad passing, it would be great to see this special again - although I am not sure if if he had left and Harvey
James had joined by then - it is dated July 1976. This is also an audio drop-out mentioned which may be a problem

SHERBET BLUESWALKIN' (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
SHERBET CHILD'S PLAY(LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
SHERBET GIVE ME LOVE (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
SHERBET HOLLYWOOD DREAMING (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
SHERBET HOUND DOG (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
SHERBET HOWZAT (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
SHERBET IF I HAD MY WAY (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
SHERBET LADY OF THE NIGHT (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
SHERBET MOTOR OF LOVE (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
SHERBET SUMMER LOVE (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
TED MULRY GANG CRAZY (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
TED MULRY GANG GOODBYE JOHNNY (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
TED MULRY GANG I'M FREE (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)
TED MULRY GANG JUMP IN MY CAR (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL) NOTE DROP OUTS IN MIDDLE
TED MULRY GANG MAKE YOU WANNA CRY (LIVE AT FESTIVAL HALL)

Brett (2)
I have just read all these postings in here and in the Rage guestbook and I am afraid this has all become a big storm in a teacup.

The person at Rage that is implying that maybe myself or Troy may be "hoarding" missing Countdown footage is a long way from the truth. The ABC have had this Sherbet 1976 special episode in their archives for a long period of time. I would not have highlighted it to anyone in the past as it is of no personal interest to me at all and that would be the only reason. By all means feel free to request this episode for next Summer or maybe sooner. The Special is called "Sherbet Around the world in 80 days" - song listing is shown below. Unfortunately the Tara database has never been complete in what it locates in the ABC archives.

Thanks Gurubob for the kind words as well - much appreciated and I fail to see what all the fuss was about anyway. I am the last person in the world that would want to hoard any footage and I was responsible for arranging the return of the missing 1977 show to the ABC for tranmission back in the mid-2000's - and which they did do so a couple of years ago.

As Troy had done so much great work on his web page and in his own attempts to locate missing footage (he was responsible for getting the missing 1978 show back to the ABC as well) I arranged for him to make the big announcement regarding the locating of the missing 1977 show at the time. It was at least 5 or 6 years ago now, long before this forum had started. If I manage to discover anything in future (and anything is possible with various contacts and millions of hours of video footage that I get to go through year by year) then I will arrange for the news to go via Troys website as well. It is only fair given his own efforts in this area which often go unrecognised. He is still searching by the way, but very little does turn up. That is really all there is to say.

I think someone is either a little hard of understanding or being deliberately thick. You are more likely to be taken to task for the above comments on the Rage forum rather than here, so I will again speak up for Kyron/Matty. Hence that isn't all there is to say on the matter.

Yes, the episode has been hidden in the archives under the title of another program (hence the fact that it is copied and listed on Troy's page as existing) but it is still a form of hoarding if missing material is located, copied and then not publicly acknowledged. Sound a little like rationalization to me.

I would hardly call the improved chance NOW of it being repeated on RAGE(as awareness is quite general considering the view number of this thread) a storm in a teacup. This is footage not repeated since 1976. Fans of 1970s retro should get behind it.

You are not being singled out just because Armin Richter says so. I hope others are not taken in by this kind of pulling together one commonly finds in corrupt clique cultures.

I actually expected better. Again I or Kyron or anyone else are not accusing you of keeping it quiet. You have evidence yes that you made a sideways reference to it in public on an obscure thread in the recent past. Well done.

Again the word hoarding seems to be provoking hypersensitive responses from well resourced and connected fans. This is a typical pattern and it can, not always, but it can be a sign that something may be not quite right.

I'm glad Armin and yourself have now both publicly acknowledged your moral obligation to make any discoveries/acquisitions public. Armin didn't seem fully enthused at first. Hopefully that refers to anything that might be found in the archives and while not technically missing, still of value. Other missing TV has been found in various archives mislabeled, misplaced or unlisted and they are still finds even though they are sitting among a larger collection. To try and use that as a point seems to me to epitomize the expression splitting hairs.

At least Troy has realised that no offence was meant or has at least resolved to stay quiet on the matter. He hasn't tried to twist what has been said or discussed to support a mate who seems determined to vilify and is strangely defensive about comments that appear to be directed at no-one in particular.

That will be the last sane word here on the issue, I can guarantee it. Otherwise you might want to keep tabs on a properly moderated fair discussion on the ABC Rage forum.

As far as all this drama is concerned, it's boring.

What isn't boring is if rage were to play Countdown Adelaide Festival from 1978...

I think the fact that the episode is damaged wouldn't really matter to any of us really!!!

Holy hell...

I'm away for a few days and all hell breaks loose!

If I knew it was gonna cause this much ruckus I would never have started the posting!

Sorry!

Frankster, KEEP POSTING what you like. There are some complete morons in this world who have very little attention from people and in order to get it they like to bate others!

:-)

Guru Bob
Matty Knoller

Fantastic, I can only see that as being a good thing. I sense a hint of sarcasm in that comment though, not sure what it is in relation to?

Matty Knoller

In that case who are you accusing of keeping it quiet, I wasn't aware that anyone else may have known of it? Your accusation seems to be directed at me yet the first I knew of it was 5 days ago when you brought it up here.

Matty Knoller

As I said, I only found out about it here 5 days ago from yourself, and I am HAPPY (hopefully that is obvious enough) that it has been brought to public attention. I have supported it on the Rage Messageboard. What more are you expecting from me?

Matty Knoller

Who has been keeping this quiet deliberately? The only people who appear to have it are likely to be Brett and Troy. But even if they have kept it quiet this is not actually a criminal court where evidence has been withheld.

If anyone has done their own private research then I would think they are free to do with that as they please. Or is everyone a servant of yours and they must provide what they know? Are you expecting me to do your research for you just like Kyron?

Matty Knoller

Almost word for word with what Kyron posted here. It is only very recently that I got hold of Hitscene and GTK information - in July last year to be exact. I can't part with information that I don't have. Prior to that I only had Countdown information and a bit on The Factory and Rock Arena - which is information that I had posted here previously about 4 years ago. I don't have any information on Countdown Revolution other than what is on TARA. What would you like me to mention about Countdown Revolution? On another thread I did post some scans of Countdown Revolution adverts from 1989 TV Weeks, is there something more that was expected of me?

Matty Knoller

In case you had not noticed this is actually a thread on a Countdown forum started by Frankster 30 discussing the Adelaide Festival episode. Patrick, Jason, Brett (2), Gary and Stephen all left messages in regards to that. In case you didn't notice, I actually did not but it is clear that a number of people would like to see it so I don't see what you have against promoting it.

The first comment I left on this thread was actually in relation to yours which brought up the possibility that a Sherbet/TMG episode exists which I wasn't aware of.

I do mention the Adelaide Festival from time to time as that was the only episode I knew of that had not been played on Rage. I have supported this Sherbet/TMG concert in a post yesterday. Is there anything else you would like to request from me that I am liable for?

Matty Knoller

No problems. So unfortunately I guess you won't be back to actually present some evidence in relation to your accusations. Who is "some of us" anyhow? Multiple personalities of the same person doesn't count.

Kyron/Matty, since you have returned to this forum, I asked 7 questions of you in the quoted post I made a few days ago.

Rather than resorting at flinging mud aimlessly in the hope that it will stick to something, please answer the questions and stick to facts.

Kyron
The problem is that I don't answer your questions Armin.

Yes, I have noticed that, that is the most obvious statement you have ever made. What I am wondering is why you won't answer my questions? Are you afraid to have your innuendo exposed?

Kyron
If anything the inverse seems to be the case.

True again, I have tried to answer all your questions or statements, however bizarre some have been.

Kyron
There are numerous copies of the episode floating about and people have been encouraged to stay quiet about it. There is proof on my forum.

So you have proof of copies floating about and people encouraging others to keep quiet about it? Then why don't you expose these people? This sounds like definite hoarding to me and exactly the thing you are crusading against. I didn't realise hoarding occurred but now that you have proof you need to ensure that everyone knows who is responsible for this. Post what you know about it - don't keep it quiet.

Kyron
As for the Adelaide festival, its never going to happen. If its as bad as the listing suggests its 'unbroadcastable'. Let's see you turn your energies to promote Episode 72... unless you don't feel motivated?

I also suspect, and have mentioned, that the Adelaide Festival is unlikely to ever air due to the audio faults. This is actually the usual reason I mention that episode. It is in relation to Rage having aired every existing 70's episode of Countdown except for the damaged Adelaide Festival one. I could stop mentioning it but then that would just give you reason of accusing me of hoarding information and not letting others know that it exists. I can't win either way with you as the rules keep changing to suit your needs.

I have also already supported Ep 72 on Rage. Not sure how many others will also support it after the tirades I got from you.

You are also right though in that I don't feel as motivated to see it anymore. I have never seen it, until a few days ago I hadn't even heard about it, but now I don't care if I ever get to see that episode as it will just remind me of the abuse I have received at your hands and that will remove any possible enjoyment I may have had for seeing another Countdown episode.

Boooring, LOL...

Frankster30
Guys,

The technical notes at the bottom though read as follows:

"Technical Information.: VHS PREVIEW COPY TIME DISPLAYED;EX 2" TAPES BA79S AND AZ1316V ERASED.NOT FOR TX. VPR MASTER TAPE & DIGITAL OC1 HAVE INSTABILITIES ROUGHLY EVERY 40 SECS, SUITABLE FOR SEG (30-90 SECONDS) RETRIEVAL ONLY. NO COMPLETE SONGS RETRIEVABLE FROM THIS TAPE AND CANNOT BE RE-DONE AS MASTER WAS RECORDED BADLY
Miscellaneous.........: ORIGINAL OC1, CWA3530V, MISSING AS AT 13/12/01"

This info mentions TWO 2" master tapes, and the fact that it has "instabilities roughly every 40 seconds". I thought if it only happens once every 40 seconds its not gonna be a bother to us as long as the tape actually locks and they can get even at least *some* of the program off the tape. Though no such luck of that happening with "Ex 2" tapes ba79s and az1316v erased" so they only have a copy tape to work off now, with which these instabilities seem to have also transferred themselves to the digital copy.

The other notable thing is "Original OC1 missing as at 13/12/01". So there was a *third* tape but that's missing...? And the discovery that it was missing happened as late as 2001? If it's missing, is it possible there was a dub on 1 inch tape and its just lost in the ABC archives somewhere?

Food for thought...

It would be nice if they played the whole episode of this show, regardless of audio issues. I didn't think this would ever get played but maybe if it gets mentioned often enough they will consider it.

It would be amazing if Rage finally fixed the audio issues to this episode - would love to see it. I would have thought the ABC would have had a separate soundtrack made to this episode like the BBC used to do with their shows back in the same era.

Fingers crossed we see this one eventually....

Dragon's performance at the Adelaide Festival shown this morning seemed in very good condition.

Was that the live audio remastered, did they overdub another copy of the live audio or was it an overdub from another source? Sounded like the promo of the song and not a live performance (as all performances on Countdown were lip synched to a backing track). If that is the case then surely they can do the same for the other performances as well and show the entire episode.