Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rage blurb for FINAL retro weekend!

The last week of rage Goes Retro airs Saturday 28th January and takes us up to the end of the 90s with a fantastic collection of clips along with some amazing old episodes of Countdown, Countdown Revolution and The Factory.

Catch vintage performances by Aussie bands like Mental As Anything and the Dynamic Hepnotics, and revel in the fashions that have strangely enough come back round.

The Molly Meldrum-produced Countdown Revolution entertained a new generation of music-lovers and we are proud to show two fantastic episodes of the show, one of which features Collette performing on stage in those bike-pants.

No doubt we’ve rekindled some old memories, or provided history lesson for some - either way we hope you enjoy the final night of rage Goes Retro before commencing our 2012 program of guest presenters and specials.

Friday 27th January - rage plays hits and new releases from 11:45PM.

http://www.abc.net.au/

Seems there are some Countdown's, I wonder how many? Hopefully 3... I think I may get the Batdance comp as it mentions Collette BUT maybe not as she did 2 other performances on Countdown Revolution in Bike Shorts being All i Wanna Do Is Dance with the 2 HOT guys in speedo's and That's What i Like About You in the leopard skin bra in the ABC studios... The Factory sounds good :-)

I still CAN"T believe that rage have played NO 70s except for that Dancing and Babe's Disco segment. No Flashez???? I feel VERY sorry for 70s fans, it's a terrible business. Was hoping to see the remaining last 2 Flashez episodes.

Even though that EVIL figure the 90s is listed I am GRATEFUL rage are playing more Countdown's *!* Pheeeeeew...

The whole end of the 90s thing is a worry. What?... Marilyn Manson is retro now? ...

In my opinion the 70s deserve more airtime than the 90s for Retro months. There are 2 Flashez ep's left and that storage tape Luke asked for which would have been great to see. And Flashez only goes for 30 minutes which could ahve been included if rage took 6 video clips away

Re: rage blurb for FINAL retro weekend!

Cool....hopefully! Good to see Collette gets a spin. I'd like to think it was the Batdance episode too however they'd probably mention Kylie over Collette if they were playing that one. Fingers crossed it's a good night!

Jason 'The Moderator'

There are 2 Flashez ep's left and that storage tape Luke asked for which would have been great to see. And Flashez only goes for 30 minutes which could ahve been included if rage took 6 video clips away

It's been disappointing to see no Flashez shown this year especially as we got 5-10 segments per year in previous years.

I'd like to see the 2 remaining episodes but I mainly want to see some of the hundreds of segments that are still unaired,and I intend to put in a request for at least a dozen or so for next jan.

SydneySean
Cool....hopefully! Good to see Collette gets a spin. I'd like to think it was the Batdance episode too however they'd probably mention Kylie over Collette if they were playing that one. Fingers crossed it's a good night!

It's NOT the Batdance Competition, I can tell you now!