Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retro Week 2

Playlist for tomorrow night are up and guess what? One of the Countdowns is a repeat, the 16/8/81 Ignatius Jones ep - from LAST YEAR!!

Plus Rage could EASILY have put in a 4th Countdown in place of the video clips in between!

23:33pm
OUTLINE Cicadas That Ate Five Dock (Independent)
OUTLINE Maybe It's A Game (BMG)
MUSIC AROUND US - The Three R's DOCUMENTARY ON RRR, 1980 (Rage)
12:00am
TACTICS Second Language (Independent)
TACTICS Coat-Tails (Independent)
SPK Breathless (Fest/Mush)
SPK In Flagrante Delicto (Side Effects)
YA YA CHORAL To The Edge (Independent)
COUNTDOWN August 3rd, 1980 (Rage)
COUNTDOWN May 10th, 1981 (Rage)
COUNTDOWN Class of '84 Presents - Jobs In T.V. (ABC)
2:30am
COUNTDOWN August 16th, 1981 (Rage)
3:00am
THE SUNNYBOYS Show Me Some Discipline (Mushroom)
SUNNYBOYS, The Love In A Box (Mushroom)
3:30am
ROCK ARENA Rock 'n' Roll Ladies, August 1983 (Rage)
KIM CARNES Draw Of The Cards (EMI)
5:00am
SANDII & THE SUNSETZ Alive (WEA)
SANDII & THE SUNSETS Sticky Music (WEA)
THE COMSAT ANGELS I'm Falling (Polydor)
THOMAS DOLBY I Scare Myself (Parlophone)
IMAGINATION Just An Illusion (Independent)
CHAZ JANKEL Number One (A&M Records)
JON AND VANGELIS I Hear You Now (Polydor)
JON & VANGELIS The Friends of Mr. Cairo (Polydor)
5:30am
KEVIN PEEK Sailplane (Independent)
THE KORGIS Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime (Independent)
MIKE OLDFIELD Five Miles Out (CBS)
MARC HUNTER Big City Talk (Polygram)
FLASH & THE PAN Midnight Man (Festival)
FLASH & THE PAN Early Morning Wake Up Call (Albert Productions)
FLASH & THE PAN Welcome To The Universe (Albert Productions)
6:00am
FLASH & THE PAN Waiting For A Train (Albert Productions)
PH.D I Won't Let You Down (WEA)
KID CREOLE AND THE COCONUTS Annie I'm Not Your Daddy (Independent)
CAMEO Candy (Polydor)
SUPERTRAMP Cannonball (A&M Records)
MURRAY HEAD One Night In Bangkok (RCA)
BRYAN FERRY Slave To Love (Polydor)

Re: Retro Week 2

Again you beat me by a few minutes Patrick!

As always - 'great minds', etc!

No Flashez

On the plus side music around us & class of '84 presents sound interesting.

DISGUSTING that rage are playing the same episode of COUNTDOWN from August 16th, 1981 from just last year!

It is completely LAZY, EMBARRASSING and totally un professional to say the least!

The rest of the night is brilliant and though I LOVE the MEGA RARE underground 80s video's which are RIGHT UP MY ALLEY from Sandii & The Sunsetz, SPK, Comsat Angels and PHD I don't get 2 hrs of no stop video clips?

So, retro 3 and so far 2 COuntdown's and 1 repeated one from last year?

I swear, any fool at rage can get a job, I am
F U C K I N G convinced!

I saw another one of the Rock Arena episodes about female rock singers in Rage on TV in the early morning and during watching the clips by more female rock singers, I wonder if I'm going to dream about each clip and appear in whether could it be reading science fiction books with Chrissy Amphlett after the same books landed on the floor in the video clip of Science Fiction, having relax in a spa/pool with Sharon O'Neill in the video clip of Asian Paradise or being in bed with Marianne Faithfull at a bedroom in the video clip of Sweetheart, what's do you think? I'm still just a dreamer.

A piece CJ wrote on the Rage forum about the repeated 16/8//81 show..

I will NEVER get over rage replaying August 16th, 1981 Countdown when it was played 12 months ago. It is THE most LAZY move rage have EVER made. Obviously working at rage is just a 'JOB' and not about expertise in ... WHAT A WASTE :-(

ABC has to play Countdown at least once a week as waiting ALL year for January to have a repeated episode that was played 12 months ago is really 'CRUEL'.

rage must absolutely hate us at times by being so cruel :-(

The reply from the Rage Moderator...

CJ, while your contribution to the message board is appreciated, your comments are unfounded and a little offensive. Please be sensitive to the effort that goes into putting rage to air 52 weekends of the year, and the passion of the show's staff. The repeated episode was scheduled due to all the emails received from people who missed the 2011 airing - after all it was a great show. Please consider that we have to balance the wishes of the Countdown aficionados with those of the greater public.

My thoughts are that this has got to be one of the most bizarre responses and excuses I have ever heard! Are we seriously meant to believe that due to so many emails from people that they wanted this one repeated after barely 12 months??? What does that say about the other Countdowns that have already been shown - will Rage re-air those too due to requests?

Rage have truly lost the plot.....

One world for rage concerning all these EMAILS for the repeat

' L I A R S'

I saw another one of Rock Arena episodes about female rock singers in Rage on TV in the early morning and during watching the clips by more female rock singers, I wonder if I'm going to dream about each clip and appear in whether could it be reading science fiction books with Chrissy Amphlett after the same books landed on the floor in the video clip of Science Fiction, having a relax in a spa/pool with Sharon O'Neill in the video clip of Asian Paradise or being in bed with Marianne Faithfull at a bedromm in the video clip of Sweetheart, waht's do you think? I'm still just a dreamer.