Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Barry Ryan and other REPETITION!

Um, it's 2:15 and the SAME Barry Ryan performance of 'Love Is Love' is on another Hitscene program. Another example of rage's laziness. May Ia dd that before I saw a clip on Hitscene with girls trying on boots which was ALSO on rage last year!!!!

Re: Barry Ryan and other REPETITION!

As well as Russell Morris "The Real Thing".

YES!... The Real Thing was played 3 b l o o d y times!

Yes - and also someone at Rage must have loved the band Daisy Clover as all 3 Hitscene appearances are amongst the shows screened last night.

The highlights were the fantastic quality of Episode 4, especially the performances of The Gathering and Doug Parkinson Dear Prudence, and all the other obscure Australian acts shown on the various shows. The interviews with kids from Sydney about the merits of Mick Jagger playing Ned Kelly in the film are also hilarious. There are a lot of Australian accents and culture in this era shown in all this vision that are now dead and gone. Some real fascinating footage there - especially that This Day Tonight special with Mods & Rockers fighting at the discotheques in Adelaide.

The Ned Kelly thing was unnecessary. He is NO legend, LOL!

Actually, there was a Hitscene last night which i am SURE was played lat year as well!.. Featuring a guy singing about girls in boots. I remember it last year!!!

Brett (2)
Yes - and also someone at Rage must have loved the band Daisy Clover as all 3 Hitscene appearances are amongst the shows screened last night.

The highlights were the fantastic quality of Episode 4, especially the performances of The Gathering and Doug Parkinson Dear Prudence, and all the other obscure Australian acts shown on the various shows. The interviews with kids from Sydney about the merits of Mick Jagger playing Ned Kelly in the film are also hilarious. There are a lot of Australian accents and culture in this era shown in all this vision that are now dead and gone. Some real fascinating footage there - especially that This Day Tonight special with Mods & Rockers fighting at the discotheques in Adelaide.

Not forgetting 2 out of 3 appearances from The Strangers during their time on Hitscene in 69'.

ABC uploaded parts of Episode 10 with the Ned Kelly segment on YouTube some time ago. However, it was good to view the complete episode especially seeing a young Bon Scott with The Valentines.

The doco's on the discotheques in Adelaide and Approximately Panther - youth culture (needed badly for restoration) were interesting.

Brett, would you know of any other 'Be Our Guest' footage exists?

I will check when I get home Dave - am at work at the moment although I have spent a bit of that time on the forums today as things are quiet. There are around 7 or 8 surviving episodes of Be Our Guest - and I know Jeff St John doing Stupidity is on one of them which I am surprised they did not show last night. There were some other more lightweight musical acts on the other shows. The best music act material was shown last night for sure though. There is the follow-up show to Be Our Guest called "Something Else" from 1967 and this has things like the Atlantics doing the track "Come On" and Running Jumping Standing Still doing Diddy Wah Diddy & My Girl. Well worth digging out for next years retro season.

There is a much better quality print of Peter Lamb's "Approximately Panther" special than the one the ABC showed last night - that one seemed to have some major scratches on it. Was still great to see though. Now everyone will finally know the origins of the often-shown film clip of The Loved Ones doing "The Loved One" - it was part of this documentary.