Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2 Questions

Has Molly Meldrum ever written a book about his Countdown days.
Is anyone else sick of all the 80's music they play it is always the same stuff over and over again.there were plenty of other 80's clips.

Could anyone help me? i am after countdown episodes 80's only can you buy them any where after an exhuasting search all over the internet no luck.I would love the whole episode,and every single episode shown in the 80's wouldnt it be lovely to find that box set somewhere. thanks for reading

Re: 2 Questions

I tell you I am tired of the same songs being on all the 80's compilations. As much as I love Tainted Love it's on almost EVERY compilation! Also Vienna,Ant Music et al.

Re: 2 Questions

Hi Marabella,

You cannot purchase Countdown episodes, due to copyright/ownership of the videos within the episodes. Be watching rage in January on ABC1 to get your fix of Countdown and hopefully some extra special episodes from the 80's requested by many people on this forum. There are Countdown DVDs to purchase, but they are only studio performances, not the videos, which the ABC has ownership of.

Re: books, there is the Countdown book that was released around the same time of the Countdown Spectacular Concert in 2006 and 'Glad All Over - The Countdown Years 1974-1987' by Peter Wilmoth first published in 1993.

The best thing about Countdown episodes is getting to see some rare 80's videos and studio performances.

Cheers.