Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Storage Tape requests on rage

Following on from a message by Guru Bob earlier this year...I've just posted on the rage board about the following storage tape, which includes that incredibly rare David Essex film clip that we discussed. Please go over to the rage boards and support this...we must see the David Essex clip at the very least...it's so incredibly amazing and rare !!!

ID: 347869 - MUSIC STORAGE TAPE, ST0002A & ST0002B - SEGMENT

recording date: 14-Feb-1976
duration: SEGS;02.14.00
summary: COMPILE OF MUSIC VIDEO CLIPS COLLECTED FOR ABC PROGRAM, COUNTDOWN

shotlist: STORAGE TAPE 2A:;00.07, FF#1, BE BOP DELUXE - "SHIPS IN THE NIGHT"(DUR 3:34);03.43 FF#2, WALKER BROS - "THE SUN AIN'T GONNA SHINE ANYMORE"(DUR 3:00);06.48 FF#3, SHERBET - "LADY OF THE NIGHT"(DUR 4:02);10.54 FF#4, LINDA RONSTADT - "TRACKS OF MY TEARS"(DUR3:03);14.02 FF#4, JOHN SEBASTIAN - "WELCOME BACK"(DUR 2:48);18.02 FF#4, LINDA RONSTADT - "HEATWAVE"(DUR 2:36);20.42 SUPERTRAMP - "LADY"(DUR 3:38);25.32 FF#3, MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - "GET RIGHT BACK"(DUR 3:38);28.42 FF#3, GALLAGHER & LYLE - "I WANNA STAY WITH YOU"(DUR 3:18);32.02 FF#5, JOHN PAUL YOUNG - "I HATE THE MUSIC"(DUR 3:45);35.54 FF#1, EAGLES - "DIVELLIN' DALTONS"(DUR 5:54);41.51 FF#3, DARYL BRAITHWAITE - "TIME"(DUR 2:44);44.37 FF#2, DAVID ESSEX - "CITY LIGHTS"(DUR 6:26);51.23 FF#3, AC/DC - "JAIL BREAK"(DUR 4:25);55.49 FF#5, TED MULRY GANG (AKA TMG) - "CRAZY"(DUR 3:25);59.18 FF#5, TED MULRY GANG - "DARKTOWN STRUTTERS BALL";1.02.46 BREAKER - (MAP OF AUSTRALIA, NO VO)(DUR 0:17);1.03.07 FF#6, BILLY OCEAN - "LOVE REALLY HURTS WITHOUT YOU"(DUR 2:25);1.06.05 FF#7, LITTLE RIVER BAND (AKA LRB) - "EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE"(DUR 3:42);1.09.51 FF#1, BELLAMY BROS - "LET YOUR LOVE FLOW"(DUR 3:05);1.12.57 FF#8, BAY CITY ROLLERS - "LOVE ME LIKE I LOVE YOU"(DUR 3:07);1.16.05 FF#9, ERIC CARMEN - "ALL BY MYSELF"9DUR 4:29);1.22,00 FF#3, SHERBET - "DANCER"(DUR 3:23);1.25.25 FF#3, SHERBET - "HOWZAT" LIVE PERFORMANCE (DUR 3:42);1.29.19 FF#3, MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - "GOTTA BE THE ONE"(DUR 2:54); ;STORAGE TAPE 2B:;1.32.11 FF#7 SUPERNAUT - "I LIKE IT BOTH WAYS"(DUR 3:35);1.36.35 FF#10, ABBA - "MONEY, MONEY, MONEY"(DUR 3:06);1.39.46 FF#5, TED MULRY GANG (AKA TMG) - "JAMAICA RUM"(DUR 2:36);1.42.25 FF#11, JON ENGLISH - "HOLLYWOOD 7"(DUR 3:55);1.46.22 FF#1, FOX (AKA NOOSHA FOX) - "SSSSINGLE BED"(DUR 3:53);1.50.18 FF#1, SAILOR - "GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS"(DUR 2:57);1.53.18 FF#7, CLIFF RICHARD - "DEVIL WOMEN"(DUR 3:38);1.57.00 FF#12, BRIAN FERRY - "LET'S STICK TOGETHER"(DUR 2:59);2.00.00 FF#10, ABBA - "DANCING QUEEN"(DUR 3:45);2.03.48 FF#7, TAVARES - "HEAVEN MUST BE MISSING AN ANGEL"(DUR 3:23);2.07.11, FF#10, STARLAND VOCAL BAND - "AFTERNOON DELIGHT"(DUR 3:02);2.10.15 FF#13, THE MANHATTANS - "KISS AND SAY GOODBYE"(DUR 4:25)

Re: Storage Tape requests on rage

I went on rage even before I saw this message and saw your post and said a YAY to David Essex, FAB!

I had only mentioned this tape in passing after I had found the content listings when doing a Countdown search of the ABC TARA archives. It was Brett (2) - or bleslie on Rage messageboard - who alerted me to the fact that it contained rare footage.

My knowledge of 70's is not that great, but it's an era I like. I had been sitting on that information for over a year without realising it's potential significance and it was just coincidence that one discussion on this forum made me mention it.

I would love to see these items and it's great that it is being discussed again.

Have left a comment on Rage.

Yes!! - Great work that you all remembered that posting from last January. Unfortunately, the existence of this storage tape only came to light at a very late stage of Retro month last year and it would have been too late for retrieval, conversion and airing as it turned out.

Abbaluke - I too have added my support in the Rage forum just now as well - I hope they do dig this tape out now. Some of these clips are also missing Countdown performances which makes it even more worthwhile.

I am really hoping that in particular the David Essex clip which runs for over 6 minutes finally gets aired this time round. As some of you will be aware, the only time this clip has aired in the last 35 years since it was first shown on Countdown some time early in 1976, was in that Top 100 of 1976 Countdown Special where the final minute and a half or so is shown. This was shown on Rage Retro some years back. It is a superb song and clip and deserves to get shown again.

Fingers crossed!!

Wow! A clip for City Lights, and the full six and a half minutes, not the edited version which popped up on The David Essex Album. Let's hope it is shown very soon.

When I saw that both Jamaica Rum & S-S-S-Single Bed were being shown this past weekend, I was hopeful that suggested that rage had dug out this tape and done the necessary work to utilise these gems, but the version of S-S-S-Single Bed was the same heavily edited one which is only about half the song, that they've shown several times over the past few years now...extremely disappointing when this tape suggests the full version is right there for them to use, assuming the tape hasn't deteriorated to the point that it isn't usable any more :( Still really hoping we will get to see City Lights by David Essex...that would be a true highlight.

Jamaica Rum is a cool, laid back song. My fave of TMG, but it wasn't a surprise as I/we saw it many years ago on a Countdown ep.

I too was hoping if they pulled out clips it would be off this storage tape. When I saw Single Bed I was hoping it would mean they had gone for this tape. Unfortunately the performance they showed was the one taken off the Countdown episode so I'm not sure they have touched this tape yet.

Michael
Jamaica Rum is a cool, laid back song. My fave of TMG, but it wasn't a surprise as I/we saw it many years ago on a Countdown ep.

Love this one as well..has a nice mellow feel. One of my fave 70's songs/clips.