Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
NEW UPDATE ON countdownmemories * Ally Fowler Interview up on SOUND AND VISION

I have finally edited and uploaded my interview with
Miss Ally Fowler of The Chantoozies, Sons And Daughters, Neighbours e.t.c...

You can view the video interview on the SOUND AND VISION page on countdownmemories.com

For those waiting on the Grace Knight interview there are a few problems. Grace is being rather difficult and wanted me to take out some things from the interview. I have since sent her the edited version but still no email yet. So the interview may never surface at this stage till I get conformation from Grace. It's a great PITY as it's a really good interview full of information :-(

Re: NEW UPDATE ON countdownmemories * Ally Fowler Interview up on SOUND AND VISION

Too bad about Grace, but I will most certainly check out the Ally Fowler interview - hope there are a few S & D questions in there!

Thanks for putting it up - the interviews you do are great.

Re: NEW UPDATE ON countdownmemories * Ally Fowler Interview up on SOUND AND VISION

OF COURSE Sons and Daughters is talked about and more!... Watch and you will see :-)

I've only watched the first one so far, but I'm amazed she basically looks the same as she did in the Chantoozies days!

Have watched the interviews - well done Jason!

Really interesting and insightful - Ms. Fowler seems like a lovely lady and I of course loved the Sons and Daughters comments. Bless her for mentioning Possession - one of my favourite 80's soaps rarely mentioned these days - wish that would be released on DVD.

Great interview enjoyed it a lot - love it!

ohnoitisnathan
I've only watched the first one so far, but I'm amazed she basically looks the same as she did in the Chantoozies days!

I know, right?!

She looks EXACTLY the same. When she answered the door and I saw her in person I was STUNNED that she hadn't aged at ALL since the late 80s!!!

Patrick
Have watched the interviews - well done Jason!

Really interesting and insightful - Ms. Fowler seems like a lovely lady and I of course loved the Sons and Daughters comments. Bless her for mentioning Possession - one of my favourite 80's soaps rarely mentioned these days - wish that would be released on DVD.

Great interview enjoyed it a lot - love it!

Patrick, I had a deep feeling you would know the show 'Possession' and when I watched the interview back the other day I was like.... I BET Patrick knows the show she is talking about and I was 10000% RIGHT, he he he

Thanks! Yes I adored that show and hope to track it down somewhere sometime - you'd love it. The height of mid 80's glam. Anne Charleston who played Madge from Neighbours played the resident ***** and did a great job. From memory I think Ally played her daughter, not sure. It was shown in Ch 9 in 1985 and only lasted about 40 or so episodes but I enjoyed it a lot.

And yes Ms. Fowler does indeed look lovely still - if I meet her I must ask her her workout tips! Again great interview - you asked some great questions indeed.

I love how you start it, "mention the war" and go straight to her age. For someone who turns 50 today she doesn't look over 35.

Yep,

I know she turned 50 today and I wished her a Happy 50th via email :-) She looks SOOOOOO young!!!

Have just watched the whole interview and I really enjoyed it. Never watched Sons & Daughters so that part didn't interest me or when she was in Neighbours, but when we got to the Chantoozies, it was great. BTW - was that filmed at her house/apartment? It looked like she had just moved in, or moving out?

Jason, any ideas on who you plan to interview next?

Guys,

Upon reading this, something hit me. I vaguely remembered copying off four episodes of Possession from a betamax tape some time ago so I went to check out my excel database.

Those four episodes are in there! Be glad to run off dubs :-)

Michael
Have just watched the whole interview and I really enjoyed it. Never watched Sons & Daughters so that part didn't interest me or when she was in Neighbours, but when we got to the Chantoozies, it was great. BTW - was that filmed at her house/apartment? It looked like she had just moved in, or moving out?

Jason, any ideas on who you plan to interview next?

You didn't watch Sons & Daughters? WOW, amazing,amazing, amazing soapie!... Glad you enjoyed the interview with the Chantoozies :-) And YES, it was done at her apartment and she had just moved in and there were still boxes un packed.

Trying to get an interview with Wendy Stapelton next :-)

Frankster30
Guys,

Upon reading this, something hit me. I vaguely remembered copying off four episodes of Possession from a betamax tape some time ago so I went to check out my excel database.

Those four episodes are in there! Be glad to run off dubs :-)

Frankster, PLEASE can I have the 4 copies of Possession?... I would LOVE to see them!!!

No worries at all mate :-)

If I make it to 50,I hope I can look as good as Ally Fowler does.
Oh,and I wouldn't mind seeing a Q & A with Wendy Stapleton either.

Just watched the rest of these...

Party Boys' 'He's Gonna Step On You Again' did go to #1 in Aus.

'Wanna Be Up' peaked at #6, but hung around the chats for ages, and probably sold more than 'Witch Queen', despite peaking lower.

Thanks Jase! I've just watched the whole set and LOVED it!!!!! Love the band so much so it was great seeing it!

Eve told me a few weeks ago they're planning a Sydney tour for next year and Ang will be part of it, so hopefully it means she's coming out of retirement!!!

Oh, and did you eve get any videos off her?

I was listening to 'What's My Scene - Australian Pop Music of the 80's Vol.3' in full yesterday and The Chantoozies 'Kiss 'n' Tell' on this is absolutely woeful! It sounds nothing like the single release, which I am a big fan of (and should have done better than a short stay on the charts peaking at No.25). I'm assuming this was the original version from their debut? The single release sounded so much better with more spark and life to it, this version sounds like it was their first time jammin' in the studio. Very disappointed (sorry Ally & the rest). I guess I will have to drag out the single version on CD from '1989 Be Happy'...

Or you could watch it on video

Photobucket
Photobucket

are you offering to do me a copy of this on disc?

Michael
are you offering to do me a copy of this on disc?

It's only an old ex-rental copy so there are some picture and sound faults at times due to deterioration. If you want I can run off a copy.

Photobucket

Hey Guru, I was only being cheeky, but if you're offering, then yes!!! I'll email you. Cheers.

I 'won' a copy of the 1989 Be Happy video on eBay recently. A couple of clips had a split second sound dip, but I am usually able to overcome those by rewinding the tape and trying again, or playing with the tracking. I haven't yet finalised my transfer/burned it to disc.

Interesting that James Reyne is on the cover of the music video, yet doesn't appear on the video?

Jason 'The Moderator'
OF COURSE Sons and Daughters is talked about and more!... Watch and you will see :-)

Here is a front cover of TV Week from 1982 when Ally was in Sons & Daughters

Fantastic cover with Ally and Pat the Rat herself, love it.

Wonder what the Paul McCartney movie was Bryan Brown was supposedly going to star in according to the cover? I'm guessing it could be what became 'Give My Regards to Broadstreet' which came out in 1984, interesting....

Patrick
Fantastic cover with Ally and Pat the Rat herself, love it.

Wonder what the Paul McCartney movie was Bryan Brown was supposedly going to star in according to the cover? I'm guessing it could be what became 'Give My Regards to Broadstreet' which came out in 1984, interesting....

THIS is THE cover Ally signed for me as Ally and I also told her to sign it for me as Angela as well, hahahahahahaha!

I've never seen 'Give My Regards To Broadstreet'. Is it any good? I do love the song 'No More Lonely Nights'!

AND...

I've been watching 'Sons & Daughters' for the first time for about 9 months now on 7 late at night (1983 episodes). Only get it once or twice a week here, whereas the other cities get a couple more episodes. Very hard to keep up with the storylines because of it!

Jason 'The Moderator'

THIS is THE cover Ally signed for me as Ally and I also told her to sign it for me as Angela as well, hahahahahahaha!

That reminds me... I got Tracey Bartram (from Tracey & Matt when they were on Fox FM) to sign a program for her 2003 show as 'Sugar', as that was the name a friend and I thought suited her better when she did a pi$$take of the 80's show 'Perfect Match' for a TV ad for the radio station.

PS who was the actress that 'quit' Sons & Daughters in Sept 1982? The original Suzie? Ally was in the show until 1984 at least.

Michael

I've been watching 'Sons & Daughters' for the first time for about 9 months now on 7 late at night (1983 episodes). Only get it once or twice a week here, whereas the other cities get a couple more episodes. Very hard to keep up with the storylines because of it!

It runs from 9:30-10am on 7TWO week days, though it's currently about 3 months into 1986.

I've watched it for the first time, too, since 7TWO began running repeats in November 2009.

Yeah, I decided to go with the night episodes on 7. Less commitment watching a few episodes a week! Also, with the c r a p that's on TV these days, I'll watch anything Aussie regardless of what it is.

I've been watching the late night Channel 7 repeats too. Much better than most local TV shows these days that's for sure!

Wish it would all be released onto DVD - that would be my TV viewing all sorted for quite sometime!

Patrick
I've been watching the late night Channel 7 repeats too. Much better than most local TV shows these days that's for sure!

This.

Until 7TWO came along, I hardly watched any TV other than Rage.

I think there's something the 80s/early 90s Australian soaps capture about Australia that doesn't really exist anymore.

Hey, I see that 'Sons and Daughters' is no longer screening on 7 and 7TWO. The last episodes were this week. Is it because of the summer break? Sounds silly to me if it is. Anyone know when it's back?

I would imagine it's just the summer break as the ratings season finished last night. Never knew episodes of Sons and Daughters shown after midnight on Ch. 7 rated anything but there you go!

At least I can check out episodes on Youtube in the meantime - I have to get my S & D fix somehow!

They should, of course, release the entire show on DVD - if it was good enough for Prisoner then it's good enough for this one......

Hi Patrick - thanks. I thought 7TWO was pretty much a non-ratings channel and as you say, after 12am shows are no longer rated.

Good idea about watching eps on YouTube. I was on YouTube the other day and found that all (well from what I saw) episodes of Prisoner have been uploaded. Not too excited, as I have watched the whole series from start to finish twice and am watching my 3rd currently on 111 HITS.

To get the whole series of Sons and Daughters on DVD, would require a major cast character from the series to push for it, like Val Lehman did for Prisoner.

OK Jason, no more TV talk from me.

I saw Ally yesterday at the Rick Astley show. Chantoozies were arriving to the gig and out in the street I was getting photos an autographs with them. ADORE xoxo

Cool. Were they the support act? and have they been the support act nationally? Be good if you could upload the photo's to the site! I really wanted to see Rick, but am really poor and can't afford a thing lately. What was the concert like?

Michael
Hey, I see that 'Sons and Daughters' is no longer screening on 7 and 7TWO. The last episodes were this week. Is it because of the summer break? Sounds silly to me if it is. Anyone know when it's back?

OMG I just saw your post now What am I gonna watch when I get home from 'work'?

I actually record S&D, H&A (the early years, don't care for it from the mid 90's), and Shortland Street during the week and watch them when I get home.

I never saw S&D the first time around.

Last year 7TWO only had a 2 week Xmas break (2009 and 2010 they had no break at all). It seems odd that they've stopped airing them at the start of December. What on earth are they going to replace them with? Let me guess - sport!

NOOOO!!!!!!!

I am NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sons And Daughters had BETTER come back.

*******s!

Just keep checking yourtv.com.au for when it's back on. I hope it comes back very soon!

Just checked then and the Channel 7 episodes are back December 13. Nothing for 7TWO yet.

Glad to see that listed. We're up to ep 397 now I think - during a great era for the show - gotta love Pat the Rat...even if she is a total diva!

Just watched the interview... frickin awesome effort :)

And yes she hasn't aged a bit in all those years... beautiful as ever :)

Thanks heaps for putting all that together!

Pleasure Oz Frog, glad you enjoyed! And NO, she hasn't aged AT ALLLLLLLL!!! Stunning woman

Just realised, no Sons & Daughters on Ch.7 midnight due to the Australian Open. I like the Tennis, but I do like my 80's Aussie soaps, a change from all the US crap today.

I hope they start it all again at 9.30am weekdays. Will be missed.

Is Ally married? (Or has she ever been)

1 2