Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ICEHOUSE - Anythign Is Possible (COuntdown Revolution)

rage plucked out a rarity this morning with 'Anything Is Possible' from Icehouse on COUNTDOWN REVOLUTION.

Most Countdown Revolution performances never featured added extra bits of footage like Countdown used to do previously. A GREAT performance!!! :-)

Re: ICEHOUSE - Anythign Is Possible (COuntdown Revolution)

Does anyone know/remember exactly when Countdown Revolution finished? Going by this performance, it would have to be late (probably December, as that when this track entered the chart) 1990 at the earliest.

I recall that I wasn't aware Countdown Revolution was finishing - it just stopped airing. I don't remember there being an announcement that it was finishing; unless I missed that episode. I do, though, remember it being pretty ridiculous for a long time, when 'Chook' was hosting it.

Countdown finished up in 1990 but have no idea about the date.

Tania Lacey and Mark Little did a big protest thing in the ABC studio's about some of the video's they were forced to play and after tat show it just died on it's
A S S... And it was INDEED 1990, towards later 1990, yes!

Chook was SO vile!

Looks like it wrapped up in Novemeber or December 1990. I don't even remember watching around this time. I think I stopped watching around September. Chook (or was it Turkey?) was an idiot, a surfer dude with dreadlocks if I remember. Some music hosts just try too hard. Molly was and will always be the best. He wasn't a try hard or had an image as such, he just loved music and everyone could relate to him.

Hi all, I specifically remember it was December 1990, I had just finished year 10 and also seeing "Tall Timber" by Skyhooks being performed "live" on the show. Not sure if this was the absolute last show, but I would assume it almost would have been. As mentioned earlier by someone, I can't remember any fanfare either when it finished up. (The Tall Timber C'Down Rev. performance is available on the "Right There on My DVD" dvd).

Chook was indeed a turkey.I'm trying to think of some of the other hosts towards the end.Jimi The Human I'm sure of.I think there was a Rob and possibly someone with the nickname Mad Dog as well,but don't quote me on that.

I noticed that the other clip that was cut into the performance and was on the monitor was mostly a clip called Gliding by Double. I recorded this clip from MTV in 1988 when it was Hip Clip Of The Week.

Make that Hound Dog

That rings a bell, John. There was that metal guy with long brown hair, too (he's probably one of the people you mentioned).