Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Takahashi & Iva 'Davis * Walking To The Beat

I asked rage about 5 weeks ago if they were able to try and get the video of the fabulous track Iva did with Japanese artist Yukihiro Takahashi 'Walking To The Beat' from his album in 1985 with their track .

rage said this to me about 5 weeks ago *

Hi CJ, that track sounds great! We will definitely search our archives to see if a clip for the track exists as it sounds like a great addition to the show. Thanks for the tip.

AND NOW TODAY, I asked again and they managed to get it and they wrote this reply! *

Hi CJ, let's just say you will be VERY happy this weekend!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Takahashi & Iva 'Davis * Walking To The Beat

I had forgotten about this song.Looking forward to the Iva special this weekend.

Glad someone else knows it here :-)

It's such a marvelous track! And the video is so authentic 1985 GENIUS!!!

So, do you think the Icehouse vids this Saturday night will be show in normal vision, widescreen or both?

I am not to concerned about the Icehouse videos as I have flawless copies of all the Flowers/Icehouse video's that I got from Lee that are Logo free and perfection!

Walking To The Beat will be the rarity and I will record Glam if they play it

brett
I had forgotten about this song.Looking forward to the Iva special this weekend.

I'm not too sure why I've got an 'angry sad face' on my post above. I must have clicked the wrong face icon. It should have been the smily face :-)

Apparently they will play some rare live tracks as well so I think the special will be well worth it, particularly with Walking To The Beat.

I have to say that rage have been VERY good to me. They always take mine and others like Guru Bob etc's suggestions on board. I am SO glad that they really were interested in my suggestion for 'Walking To The Beat' and ACTUALLY managed to track it down!

I wonder what the live footage will be!!!

Michael, I think the Icehouse videos will be mostly 4:3. One of the 'No Promises' videos (not sure which, as Rage don't specify on the playlist) will be full widescreen, when it should be letterboxed 4:3. I think 'Taking the Town' will also be widescreen on Rage, as it was from memory on the 'White Heat' DVD.

As I posted on the Rage forum, it's quite surprising/disappointing that Rage don't have most of the 'Measure For Measure' videos, and none of the 'Code Blue' or 'Big Wheel' videos. Of course, I've got them on the 'White Heat' DVD, but it disappoints/puzzles me why whoever culled the Rage video library in the 90s would turf Australian music videos just because they're not 'alternative'/Triple J-ish. 'Miss Divine' is one of my favourite Icehouse tracks.

Also, there was a video for 'Great Southern Land '94'. I have a copy of that. Last time I checked (some months back) it wasn't on youtube yet though. I might upload it in the coming weeks if it's still not there.

I am intrigued whether rage will play 'Glam' from the Simple Minds COUNTDOWN episode and just rip it from there or lay that AWFUL copy that's on the official Icehouse DVD which I loather more than anything!!!

Thanks Nathan and I'll be interested in seeing 'Great Southern Land '94 when you upload it to YouTube.

Not quite on the topic, but do you think rage will play the vids for 'Hold On' & 'Take Me Back' or just the CP/live clips?

What Countdown episode is the studio performance of 'Hey Little Girl' from? as featured on rage this Sat night. I had a good look on the archives page, but can't find it.

I had no idea that Icehouse were playing the whole 'Icehouse' album at Homebake. I knew that were playing at Homebake, but not the album in its entirity. Would have gone, but just looked on the website and its today!

Michael
I had no idea that Icehouse were playing the whole 'Icehouse' album at Homebake. I knew that were playing at Homebake, but not the album in its entirity. Would have gone, but just looked on the website and its today!

Michael,

I knew about this months ago and SO wanted to go SOOOOOO desperately So NOT fair, would have been so fricking AMAZING!!!

Michael
What Countdown episode is the studio performance of 'Hey Little Girl' from? as featured on rage this Sat night. I had a good look on the archives page, but can't find it.

The 'Hey Little Girl' performance is on the Countdown 'Wonder Years' DVD and also was played on the Christmas 1982 Epsiode a few years ago on rage ...

My FAVOURITE Icehosue Countdown performances are
'Don't Believe Anymore' and 'No Promises' which THANKFULLY rage have both played over the last 10 years :-)

Jason 'The Moderator'
I am intrigued whether rage will play 'Glam' from the Simple Minds COUNTDOWN episode and just rip it from there or lay that AWFUL copy that's on the official Icehouse DVD which I loather more than anything!!!

They played the AWFUL version of 'Glam'. I wonder if Iva Davies supplied the video compilation for them to use?

The only YUKIHIRO TAKAHASHI album that I own on CD is 'NEUROMANTIC' as I love the song 'SOMETHING IN THE AIR'. I will have to search for 'Walking to the Beat'. I remember the album cover,as it has the picture like the video clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UtYH95kxa4

I have a copy of the YUKIHIRO TAKAHASHI album 'WILD AND MOODY' which features 'Walking To The Beat' (Thankfully!) :-)

Sorry Jason, but which Countdown episodes feature the studio performances of 'Don't Believe Anymore' and 'No Promises'?

So I take it rage don't have the videos for 'Hold On' or 'Take Me Back'!

Michael
Sorry Jason, but which Countdown episodes feature the studio performances of 'Don't Believe Anymore' and 'No Promises'?

'Don't Believe Anymore'
(Countdown Studio Performance * 22/07/1984)
Played on rage on Saturday 12 January 2002

'No Promises'
(Countdown Studio Performance * 22/12/1985)
Played on rage on Saturday 3 January 2009 )

> So I take it rage don't have the videos for 'Hold On'
> or 'Take Me Back'!

It looks that way. It's quite shocking and sad that the ABC would discard Oz music history like it did in the 90s (and earlier with erasing episodes of Countdown). If our national broadcaster doesn't keep copies of this sort of thing, then who will have copies of it?

ohnoitisnathan
> So I take it rage don't have the videos for 'Hold On'
> or 'Take Me Back'!

It looks that way. It's quite shocking and sad that the ABC would discard Oz music history like it did in the 90s (and earlier with erasing episodes of Countdown). If our national broadcaster doesn't keep copies of this sort of thing, then who will have copies of it?

Oh I know!... It's absolutely pathetic!!!

Considering those clips from Noiseworks and Models are common and actually on their compilation releases I quite enjoy the rarer Countdown footage. It's like Retro starts a bit earlier.

The best Noiseworks track is Welcome To The World, a much underrated song.

Guru Bob
Considering those clips from Noiseworks and Models are common and actually on their compilation releases I quite enjoy the rarer Countdown footage. It's like Retro starts a bit earlier.

The best Noiseworks track is Welcome To The World, a much underrated song.

I agree, on the Iva Davis rage last weekend there were SO many Countdown clips it was like a nice welcome into January!

Guru, I agree with the track 'Welcome To The World'. Well actually, IMO, their self titled debut was one of the best debuts from an Australian artist. Jon Stevens is such a talent, a shame that his solo career didn't take off.

Did anyone catch the international version of 'No Promises' in letterboxed 4:3 (i.e., its original ratio, not widescreen)?