Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
End of Australian music on commercial radio?

I read three articles about why does local content are going to remove from today's commercial radio and during reading it, is the end of Australian music on today's commercial radio? I don't want the local Australian music content to be removed from playlists of today's commercial radio and I want new songs by Australian artists and bands to be played on today's commercial radio in Australia becase I think foreign music on today's commercial radio is un-Australian!

Re: End of Australian music on commercial radio?

I don't believe it. There are rules that say a certain percent of Australian content has to be played on radio, just like on television.

Re: End of Australian music on commercial radio?

I read an article on this in today's paper. Commercial radio want the 25% local content rule removed as internet only radio stations do not have to abide by this rule. Senator Nick Xenephon however seems to think this is highly unlikely to happen.