Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boney M 'Daddy Cool' concept video

Does anyone have this version of Boney M's 'Daddy Cool' video from Rage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByfYZqvpidA

It aired on the 2000 Mardi Gras special, and on Jarvis Cocker's guest programming in June 2007.

Would be interested in obtaining/trading for a copy if so - my email addy is linked, but take out the 'NOSPAM'.

Re: Boney M 'Daddy Cool' concept video

I've got the clip, presume it's the one shown in 2000 as Sister Sledge are before it and the start of Pointer Sisters appears at the end. At that stage I would record all episodes of Rage and then just edit/dub out clips I wanted.

Always thought it odd that considering they made a clip for it that they didn't use it on the Gold video compilation but had a live performance instead. Must be harder to find as I think I did a copy for someone else as well.

It's only an analogue video recording but would be better quality than if you tried to rip the clip on YouTube. I'm pretty well much useless with aspect ratios, most kinds of editing or formatting and the like. If no one else has a copy and you're desperate as a last resort I could trade for something.

I was not aware of a proper concept video for 'Daddy Cool'. The video they show on max (Foxtel) is a studio performance version, like the 'Rasputin' video (both up on YouTube)

Thanks Guru. It's something I'd like to have, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over not having a copy.

I actually recorded that episode myself, and kept it on VHS. Perhaps foolishly, I think I threw out the tape though a few months ago (needed to clear some space after converting what I thought was everything I want onto DVD) - although it's possible I still have the tape buried amongst some other stuff.

ohnoitisnathan
Thanks Guru. It's something I'd like to have, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over not having a copy.

I actually recorded that episode myself, and kept it on VHS. Perhaps foolishly, I think I threw out the tape though a few months ago (needed to clear some space after converting what I thought was everything I want onto DVD) - although it's possible I still have the tape buried amongst some other stuff.

Sometimes it get like that Nathan. Trying to clear out stuff that you think you don't need and then you realize you should have perhaps kept a certain video!