Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SLIGHTLY OFF-TOPIC: Sir Jimmy Savile OBE 1926-2011

I am sad to report on the passing into legend of one of the early TV pop pioneers Sir Jimmy Savile OBE. A person without whom the Countdown story would not have occurred. It was the programme Top Of The Pops, of which he was the first presenter, that provided the blueprint of many a weekend evening's viewing for teenagers for over 40 years, and a source for some of the footage that graced our screens during the years that Countdown was a staple.

Details can be found on this link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15507374

Re: SLIGHTLY OFF-TOPIC: Sir Jimmy Savile OBE 1926-2011

Very sad to hear the news.

I've just read on this from the BBC. Such a sad loss for a man who was there from the beginning. You could say he was England's version of Dick Williams or Molly Meldrum from that era.

RIP Jimmy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15507374

Bless him, RIP... Along with the AMAZING Mr John Peel +

I can't believe the allegations against the late Jimmy Savile for sexual abuse to as many as 300 people. Can't understand why those victims are coming forward now after his death 12 months ago.

BBC news has more on this story. Quite disturbing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20066529

Sir. Jimmy should be arrested by the police and charged for sexual abuse by them before his death.! Shame, Jimmy, Shame!

Great man, great career and great charity work. but, unfortunately he was attracted to little girls :/

There's a documentary called "The Other Side Of Jimmy Saville" is on television tonight and it's on ABC1 at 8.30pm.
I wonder if Derryn Hinch are going to watch it and put the late Mr.Saville on the Shame File!

Thanks for the heads up.

I saw a repeat of it last night and watched about half of it. He often picked up young teenage girls from 'Top Of The Pops' audience. Some people in the industry, in his circle of friends and business colleagues knew of his 'conquests' but didn't speak of it back then. He was a powerful man and did a lot of charity work and fundraising. No one could say a bad word about him and no one would believe them.