Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I am worried about January

I hope rage play as many un repeated Countdown's as possible. All this encouragement for Countdown Revolution and The Factory could really backfire on us and we could end up with 1987 to 1990 all January which does NOT make me happy at all!

I am not saying that some of the late 80s shouldn't be shown because I love some of it BUT let's face it, they don't match the early to mid 80s in large quantities for air time!

Geez how I miss when rage JUST played Countdown! Though I love my Rock Arena as well

1979 to 1986 thanks :-)

Re: I am worried about January

The very first Countdown repeat 'season' I remember had a spread of 1975-1987 episodes. That's an example of balance.

The reality is that RAGE are not just playing Countdowns now.

The problem is they are simply playing too much of certain time eras and zero of others.

It is only fair and right that the years 1986 to 1995 get as much attention as any other.

A fair compromise would be to address that balance and play some (not a dozen or even half a dozen but maybe two or three) Countdown Revolutions.

RAGE also appears to be trying to select archival material on the basis of quality (subjective as that is) or some basis of general interest or tribute. Hence some recent examples of certain episodes being repeated twice in a decade (like the 82 Madness one) because they felt it was more important to show a good'un rather than fill a hole in a collection.

I'm not a believer that programming should be driven by what a small number of collectors might or might not have in their personal collections.

I personally agree with this approach. It shouldn't and doesn't need to be an either/or problem. It's about balance.

What I worry about is that the apparent imbalance in programming during retro seasons might be an example of pandering to the moans of a minority. After all the squeaky wheel often gets the grease.

iz fair iz fair man!

Jason - I feel exactly the same as you. I only ask for Countdown Revolution and The Factory, so they don't show, in my view, s h i t like Flashez and all that other weird doco s h i t from the 70's. If rage would play Countdown after Countdown after Countdown , with a bit of Suzanne Dowling, then I would pretty much keep my mouth shut!

Tell me about it Michael,

Countdown and Rock Arena only would be AMAZING and with the encouragement people are giving for late 80s early 90s I sense sheer DISASTER for January!!!

If rage play 2 or 3 Countdown Revolutions, they only go for half an hr but anymore than 2 or 3 is just plain embarrassing!

Jason,

Most of us are music fans before being Countdown fans - otherwise why would one enjoy Countdown?

I'm glad you mentioned the running time of CDR episodes. This should mean that even more episodes than I suggested could be replayed. Perhaps up to 6 - the eqivalent of only 3 classic Countdown episodes.

But its not Countdown that's been overplayed in the last few years, its been Recovery. So lets see just as much (if not more) Countdown, less recovery and actually some Countdown Revolution!

Kyron Mallett

Most of us are music fans before being Countdown fans - otherwise why would one enjoy Countdown?

Countdown is enjoyable on it's own purely as a byproduct of society's presentation of it's cultural side. I can't speak for most but I am definitely a Countdown fan, probably even more so than being a music fan, as it encapsulated a period in time so well. In the case of Countdown it was a particular week.

Countdown was unique because of the way the whole show was presented. It was a tight packaged quality product that just oozed class - or at least 70's/80's innocence and charm - for the entire 55min in a way that no other show has ever been able to replicate before or since.

Naturally I am a fan of music, but a majority of clips on Countdown - as with any other show - would be relatively common and I would not make an effort to watch them by themselves. However, when they appear on Countdown, they have an entirely captivating feel to them. The way they are introduced with voiceover from Gavin or the guest host, or appear as a chartbuster, prediction, Humdrum link etc. The way they weave into the episode makes their appeal greater, especially the "live" performances due to the individual sets that were created each week.

So overall I am a fan of the actual shows for their nostalgic feel and representation of musical culture at that period in time.

I certainly would hope that at least 10 UNREPEATED Countdowns make it to Retro each year but I have never advocated other eras not being shown - other than post mid 90's such as Recovery as I do not consider that era to be Retro. This year I have made an attempt to promote Hitscene and GTK and I usually ask for a Rock Arena or 2.

My personal preference is that they play only ABC music shows - of all eras - and if they are to play old clips individually then they would have to be extremely rare to warrant the effort.

For instance Baron Wolman's GPing last week included a lot of old clips but they are also the same clips that get shown all the time, with the exception of a few Jimi Hendrix ones. It would be a waste of Retro if these sort of clips were shown in January when they appear in that format all year round. On the other hand if Rage were to show rare clips like the ones Dave suggested from GTK then that would be different as they don't see the light of day.

I hope my promoting of Countdown on the Rage Messageboard would not deem me to be a "squeaky wheel" as I would naturally suggest items that I prefer over others. Fans of any era will try to extol the virtues of the music from their era, often as being the "best" era which is naturally debatable and down to individual tastes.

It is up to individuals to promote and suggest the items they wish to see. Countdown fans are often more fanatical but, as long as other opinions are not denigrated, then it is just a healthy discussion as we all try to influence the supreme beings at Rage.

I would be happy to see some Countdown Revolution amongst the mix, even if I find Tania Lacey to be in the Dylan Lewis mold, but it is up to the fans of that music to promote it to Rage. There was a lot of good music played on Countdown Revolution but the style and presentation was not to my personal liking, therefore I am unlikely to suggest episodes, but I would not deter others from doing so.

Nice work Guru. I agree. I actually became a fan of music after watching Countdown for the first time - around August 1986. Countdown got me into music and that's why I just love the show and the format and hang out for January. I just wish rage would start at 10pm on Saturday's in January.

And that is why I have been an active member of this site, since I discovered it in 2005.

Jason, you may really have something to worry about. Someone has posted on the Rage Messageboard that the 00's are retro - even though they only finished 20 months ago - and are calling for that to be played. Can't wait to see Lady Gaga in Retro????

I've just read that post. The 00's are not old enough to be retro. Some people sure have rock's in their heads.

Guru Bob
Kyron Mallett

Countdown is enjoyable on it's own purely as a byproduct of society's presentation of it's cultural side. I can't speak for most but I am definitely a Countdown fan, probably even more so than being a music fan, as it encapsulated a period in time so well. In the case of Countdown it was a particular week.

Countdown was unique because of the way the whole show was presented. It was a tight packaged quality product that just oozed class - or at least 70's/80's innocence and charm - for the entire 55min in a way that no other show has ever been able to replicate before or since.

Naturally I am a fan of music, but a majority of clips on Countdown - as with any other show - would be relatively common and I would not make an effort to watch them by themselves. However, when they appear on Countdown, they have an entirely captivating feel to them. The way they are introduced with voiceover from Gavin or the guest host, or appear as a chartbuster, prediction, Humdrum link etc. The way they weave into the episode makes their appeal greater, especially the "live" performances due to the individual sets that were created each week.

So overall I am a fan of the actual shows for their nostalgic feel and representation of musical culture at that period in time.

I certainly would hope that at least 10 UNREPEATED Countdowns make it to Retro each year but I have never advocated other eras not being shown - other than post mid 90's such as Recovery as I do not consider that era to be Retro. This year I have made an attempt to promote Hitscene and GTK and I usually ask for a Rock Arena or 2.

My personal preference is that they play only ABC music shows - of all eras - and if they are to play old clips individually then they would have to be extremely rare to warrant the effort.

For instance Baron Wolman's GPing last week included a lot of old clips but they are also the same clips that get shown all the time, with the exception of a few Jimi Hendrix ones. It would be a waste of Retro if these sort of clips were shown in January when they appear in that format all year round. On the other hand if Rage were to show rare clips like the ones Dave suggested from GTK then that would be different as they don't see the light of day.

I hope my promoting of Countdown on the Rage Messageboard would not deem me to be a "squeaky wheel" as I would naturally suggest items that I prefer over others. Fans of any era will try to extol the virtues of the music from their era, often as being the "best" era which is naturally debatable and down to individual tastes.

It is up to individuals to promote and suggest the items they wish to see. Countdown fans are often more fanatical but, as long as other opinions are not denigrated, then it is just a healthy discussion as we all try to influence the supreme beings at Rage.

I would be happy to see some Countdown Revolution amongst the mix, even if I find Tania Lacey to be in the Dylan Lewis mold, but it is up to the fans of that music to promote it to Rage. There was a lot of good music played on Countdown Revolution but the style and presentation was not to my personal liking, therefore I am unlikely to suggest episodes, but I would not deter others from doing so.

Absolutely Guru, you said it all PERFECTLY!

Michael
Nice work Guru. I agree. I actually became a fan of music after watching Countdown for the first time - around August 1986. Countdown got me into music and that's why I just love the show and the format and hang out for January. I just wish rage would start at 10pm on Saturday's in January.

And that is why I have been an active member of this site, since I discovered it in 2005.

Michael, same on this side. Countdown introduced me to music and music video which is why it will ALWAYS be such an important religion for me.From the age of 3 years old Countdown was on every week as my whole family watched it. I was exposed to music in 1977 and onwards through Countdown!!!

Dave
I've just read that post. The 00's are not old enough to be retro. Some people sure have rock's in their heads.

Geeeez, I just saw that post now on the rage messageboard.

WHAT THE F U C K ???

Week 1: 70s Week 2: 80s Week 3: 90s and Week 4: 00s???

How F U C K I N G SHOCKING! What a T O S S E R that person is. K I L L HIM!

That's pretty bizarre. Who in their right mind would classify the 00's as retro already? Hopefully Rage take no notice of that person - and hopefully play as little of Recovery as possible!

For various reasons, not the least being the music, the 00's was a pretty $hite decade on the whole, IMO... well particularly 2000-2004. I can't imagine anyone wanting to be nostalgic about it; but I suppose each to their own. But yes, we definitely don't need any 00's in retro month.

Kyron Mallett
Guru, I'm not sure that you can be denigrated by the act of an appeal for balance in programming. You admit yourself that certain Countdown fans are fanatical. I just read one post the other day on the RAGE forum that stated: 'No revolution no recovery no factory.' If I was to get on here or on the ABC forum as write ';no classic countdown, just revolution', there would be an outcry (or at least three to five people would cry blue murder).

Those sorts of views may at times dominate the forums, and while I'm sure they are not the views of the majority, I believe the lack of attention certain epochs have received in recent years are the direct result of views like these. RAGE is not a request program but they do seem to respond to some extent to 'popular demands' for certain type of programming.

Let's say if they play only 6 previously unrepeated Countdowns as a result of playing 4 Countdown Revolutions and not the 10 as you wish for, then in my opinion the schedule will be all the more balanced for it.

The worst that will happen is that some might have to wait a bit longer to fill the gaps in their collections.

In my experience it tends to be the fanatical countdown fans in fact denigrating and howling down the more moderate views of ordinary music fans that is the real problem.

Sorry to tell you but all of us here on my Countdown forum will scream down the rage forum as much as we like. If you don't like Countdown so much why are you here for??? Go and start a Countdown Revolution website and Forum!!!

May I add that who ever the person who wrote not revolution, factory or whatever they said. It just shows that there are more Countdown fans so obviously Countdown will win in the end and the rest won't as most who tune in during January are Countdownwer's. It's a FACT that you have to admit...

Well, if you would like a refund of $20.00 I am more happy than to do that!

If you didn't notice THIS is a Countdown Forum and if Countdown lovers want to express how much they LOVE Countdown and hate other programs then THIS place is the PERFECT place which I created for people who are like minded :-)

May I add ONCE AGAIN that I am NOT the only one on this Forum or rage's who are backing up Countdown more. And it's not my fault that Countdown is more successful and popular!!!

And YOU did NOT make this Forum functional again. I paid a lot more than 20 bux to make it functional and ALL the poeple here make this Forum functional!!!

And the last time I looked it wasn't only MY collection. It seems all of a sudden that it's just ME who records Countdown episodes!!! May I also add that I have literally a big tone of time recorded copy's of Countdown that I didn't just get from rage which rage would probably never play so I haven't just relied on rage!

When you go to this forum and rage's Countdown is more popular. And that is no lie. And I don't see why that is such a problem for you to come to terms with!!!

Well I do think Countdown Revolution was VILE compared to Countdown and obviously most of Australia did as well as it only went for a year!

Look at statistics!!!

I ask once again. IS it my fault that most people want Countdown in January???!!!

Well, that is my opinion of what I think is the most colourful and interesting music period. Look at 1987... COuntdown ended as did SOUNDS. It was the end of that certain era of music.

1987 onwards was VERY manufactured and we had recycled pop that lacked the creative juices compared to before. That is just what I think. Just like you seem to think that 1987 to 1995 was more interesting. if that's what you think then fine. I really couldn't give S H I T really.

And as far as fanatical fans, what about football. Are they not fanatical in this country???

Kyron
I am not sure as to your reasoning for having a go at me.

I have not said anything against Countdown Revolution being shown, just as the presentation and style was not to my liking that I therefore won't be requesting particular episodes. I don't expect you to suggest early 80's Countdown episodes either but I don't hold that against you. What have I said to upset you - that Countdown was enjoyable to watch without necessarily being a fan of music? I certainly didn't mean any offense in saying I enjoy watching Countdown as I didn't think it an offensive thing to say.

You had just made a statement that "Most of us are music fans before being Countdown fans - otherwise why would one enjoy Countdown?" to which I happened to respond saying that I liked Countdown for its portrayal of society's culture of the time. I don't see where that has caused offense but if it has then I apologise.

I have promoted Hitscene and GTK this year despite that being well before my time. I did that as I am happy to see episodes of ABC music shows from all eras, just like yourself, (although I wouldn't sit through anything post mid 90's like Recovery) - I just said I hoped for 10 unrepeated Countdowns. Is there something wrong with hoping for something? On the Rage Messageboard I only said I hoped 4 or 5 could be considered, hardly fanatical or squeeky wheel behaviour I would have thought.

When I wrote
"Countdown is enjoyable on it's own purely as a byproduct of society's presentation of it's cultural side."
I'm sorry if you couldn't understand my ideology of social culture - English is my second language and I am not as articulate as I would like to be - but I am not sure if it necessitated your aggressive response of:
"Armin, even if that did make sense, I still wouldn't care. I know I'm not alone. Good luck in your self-centered quest to replace your time-coded episodes with Rage repeats (albeit now with a watermark)."

You have gone off on a tangent that has nothing to do with what I wrote. I am not looking at replacing time-coded episodes nor have I mentioned that. In fact when I put in suggestions for Countdown this year I actually surveyed other forum users to find out which episodes we were collectively most interested in and put that forward as a suggestion.

All I have said is that I suggest Countdown episodes as that is what I am interested in and that I welcome others to suggest Countdown Revolution if that's what they want to see.

I wish you all the best in your wanting to see Countdown Revolution but am a little perplexed why this should create a hostile attack on me for liking Countdown.

You have had a verbal stoush with Jason but dragged me into it as well for some leverage in your argument even though I think it is misplaced and unfortunate.

I am happy to move on and enjoy Retro season but will defend character assassinations, whether here or at Rage.

Jason 'The Moderator'
Dave
I've just read that post. The 00's are not old enough to be retro. Some people sure have rocks in their heads.

Geeeez, I just saw that post now on the rage messageboard.

WHAT THE F U C K ???

Week 1: 70s Week 2: 80s Week 3: 90s and Week 4: 00s???

How F U C K I N G SHOCKING! What a T O S S E R that person is. K I L L HIM!

Jason,

This guy started it all. What a pompous ass!

Author: Tel
Date/Time: 25 Oct 2011 4:53:26pm
Subject: Retro Month getting out of hand.....yet again.

Oh dear…the Rage Retro month is turning into a Retro Chaos yet again.

We have the Baby Boomers wanting their black n white stuff (eg GKT) because they can’t remember when the original stuff aired. The Gen Xer’s wanting as much colour and fun as possible (eg Countdown, Rock Arena) because they didn’t record it when it originally aired due to not having a VCR, and the Gen Y’s wanting their epic long shows (eg Recovery) because they weren’t up early enough on Sat morning to watch it !!!

Rage, seriously, you need to set some rules and regulations in relation to Retro Month, because this is getting out of hand.

This is a Countdown site and forum for Countdown fans. Of course we are going to be bias on Countdown being shown in January and with the comments we post on this forum. We are the majority (going by what gets played every January) and we need to express it here and on the rage messageboard. If we don't speak up then the minority will prevail. It is a music program, it is not politics. If we want the Countdown tradition to continue on rage, then we have to lobby for it and oppose other beliefs and thoughts.

ABSOLUTELY Michael, This is why I started my website and this forum. For people who love and want more Countdown!

It's like me going to a Pearl Jam Forum and screaming down how much I hate them. The fans there would be livid wondering what the F U C K I am doing there!

There are still 2 months to go till January on Rage (I refuse to call it "retro" - what a stupid, meaningless word that is in the English vocabulary) - so I think at this point in time people need to stop stressing and arguing so much about what should and should not be shown.

Just as sure as the sun comes up tomorrow, Rage will spend January trying to keep as many different people as possible happy.

They will peruse our request lists for Countdowns, will take on board the ideas about showing some Countdown Revolution, Factory etc and even if nobody requests it they will still show some Recovery as it is a representation of the 1990's which is considered "retro" by the Rage team (there is that stupid word again) whether we agree or not.

They may also show some more Hitscene and I will request some episodes as well in the Rage guestbook very soon - I see someone has already done this for starters. They may also end up playing the other 1960 Six O'clock Rock episode that exists in the archives as well.

With a bit of luck they may also dig deep for some rare clips for the Saturday morning timeslot which could become as interesting as the evening line-up if they look hard enough into the vaults. I have not forgotten the existence of the ultra-rare David Essex "City Lights" full film clip from 1976, so will keep on their case to see that again in full!!

At the end of the day, the majority of people in the wider ABC viewing audience express their desire to watch old Countdowns in January above all else and that is what the bulk of the airtime will be dedicated to - as it always has and always will be. It is a tradition. The Rage team will probably thrill us with what they show, then cause angst by showing repeats - and you know what - there is little we can do about it - so time to stop all the distress now!!

Enjoy the month for what it is - it comes and goes so quick these days!!

I just checked the current playlists and it is still the same old drivel - a "Halloween" special? Isn't that something that is celebrated only in the USA? Whats next - a 4th July special, or maybe a Memorial Day one?

And as for November Australian music month circa 2011 - well, again what a load of drivel - I can't imagine how bad those playlists will be. At least December has Iva Davies and Suzi Quatro to liven things up a bit.

I HATE the term Retro as well. When rage played Countdown in the 90s it was just that. There was no title for it!

Brett (2)
There are still 2 months to go till January on Rage (I refuse to call it "retro" - what a stupid, meaningless word that is in the English vocabulary) - so I think at this point in time people need to stop stressing and arguing so much about what should and should not be shown.

Just as sure as the sun comes up tomorrow, Rage will spend January trying to keep as many different people as possible happy.

They will peruse our request lists for Countdowns, will take on board the ideas about showing some Countdown Revolution, Factory etc and even if nobody requests it they will still show some Recovery as it is a representation of the 1990's which is considered "retro" by the Rage team (there is that stupid word again) whether we agree or not.

They may also show some more Hitscene and I will request some episodes as well in the Rage guestbook very soon - I see someone has already done this for starters. They may also end up playing the other 1960 Six O'clock Rock episode that exists in the archives as well.

With a bit of luck they may also dig deep for some rare clips for the Saturday morning timeslot which could become as interesting as the evening line-up if they look hard enough into the vaults. I have not forgotten the existence of the ultra-rare David Essex "City Lights" full film clip from 1976, so will keep on their case to see that again in full!!

At the end of the day, the majority of people in the wider ABC viewing audience express their desire to watch old Countdowns in January above all else and that is what the bulk of the airtime will be dedicated to - as it always has and always will be. It is a tradition. The Rage team will probably thrill us with what they show, then cause angst by showing repeats - and you know what - there is little we can do about it - so time to stop all the distress now!!

I just checked the current playlists and it is still the same old drivel - a "Halloween" special? Isn't that something that is celebrated only in the USA? Whats next - a 4th July special, or maybe a Memorial Day one?

And as for November Australian music month circa 2011 - well, again what a load of drivel - I can't imagine how bad those playlists will be. At least December has Iva Davies and Suzi Quatro to liven things up a bit.

Hi Brett,

It was me who made those Hitscene requests mainly the 1969 series since they don't cater much from the 60's era. I've also made a request to show Episode 2 a few weeks ago.

I'm going to make another request for the sole Hit Parade episode from 1968 with the Ross Wilson interview you mentioned earlier. Besides the Irish Rovers, The Party Machine, 1910 Fruitgum Co & Lemon Pipers promos & concept clips would you know who else featured on the show.

Regarding the 1969 episodes, I'll be interested to see those studio performances by The Valentines featuring Bon Scott as I've never seen footage of the group aired on Rage.

At the end of the day I don't care what they show in January, at least you could say I tried making these requests happen.

Yes, I'm afraid that Ausmusic month, this month, will be a shocker. I see there are no mainstream artists programming rage this month. They seem to all be alternative/JJJ acts. So no mainstream material/rare vids in the upcoming playlists. At least last year (or the year before???) they got Mental As Anything to program a weekend. Bring on December and January!

BTW, I enjoyed the Halloween special (or what I recorded of it)- Something In My House, The Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun and of course He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask) to name a few. Time to dig up the Jason movies again I think!

Dave
Brett (2)

Hi Brett,

It was me who made those Hitscene requests mainly the 1969 series since they don't cater much from the 60's era. I've also made a request to show Episode 2 a few weeks ago.

I'm going to make another request for the sole Hit Parade episode from 1968 with the Ross Wilson interview you mentioned earlier. Besides the Irish Rovers, The Party Machine, 1910 Fruitgum Co & Lemon Pipers promos & concept clips would you know who else featured on the show.

Regarding the 1969 episodes, I'll be interested to see those studio performances by The Valentines featuring Bon Scott as I've never seen footage of the group aired on Rage.

At the end of the day I don't care what they show in January, at least you could say I tried making these requests happen.

Thanks Dave - I will definitely add my own request list to the Rage guestbook and go with some of the same shows as you – might improve our odds a bit if there are more than one request.

I definitely agree that episodes with The Valentines need to be shown as Rage has never shown any of these at all – some 1972 episodes would also be good.

The one surviving Hit Parade from 1968 would be a definite bonus, especially for the Ross Wilson interview (probably the earliest surviving footage of him as well) but the “promo” clips that make up the Top Hit Parade are all just those made up by the imagination of the ABC film and art department of the time. I know Englebert Humperdinck is amongst the other items, and possibly Bobby Goldsboro “Honey” - will get back to you about the rest of the content.

Jason 'The Moderator'
ABSOLUTELY Michael, This is why I started my website and this forum. For people who love and want more Countdown!

It's like me going to a Pearl Jam Forum and screaming down how much I hate them. The fans there would be livid wondering what the F U C K I am doing there!

After inadvertently discovering that I was 'blocked' from your forum for expressing very reasonable opinions, I wondered whether you would take the cowardly tact and continue vilifying them.

As you can see it doesn't and won't work. Those following this 'discussion' will know very well that it is not simply a matter of promoting 'Countdown' that's your problem, its those calling for Countdown that you don't require for your collection. Taste has nothing to do with it.

I'm not even going to bother replying to the (very small number of)sad sycophants that have chimed in so as to defend the indefensible. The majority appear to be remaining neutral on principle or in fear of receiving the same treatment if they don't 'tow the line'.

It's only donations like that from real fans that have facilitated your ability to even do pathetic things like blocking posters.

And your nasty little quips on the RAGE forum are not going to win you any points. You might be the little overlord of this pitiful kingdom but you will need to tolerate differing opinions in the real world.

There is no reasoning with people like you. You need to take a bloody good hard look at yourself. Again, I expect that $20 back in my account by the end of the week otherwise I WILL be back here everyday.

Guru Bob
Kyron
I am not sure as to your reasoning for having a go at me.

I have not said anything against Countdown Revolution being shown, just as the presentation and style was not to my liking that I therefore won't be requesting particular episodes. I don't expect you to suggest early 80's Countdown episodes either but I don't hold that against you. What have I said to upset you - that Countdown was enjoyable to watch without necessarily being a fan of music? I certainly didn't mean any offense in saying I enjoy watching Countdown as I didn't think it an offensive thing to say.

You had just made a statement that "Most of us are music fans before being Countdown fans - otherwise why would one enjoy Countdown?" to which I happened to respond saying that I liked Countdown for its portrayal of society's culture of the time. I don't see where that has caused offense but if it has then I apologise.

I have promoted Hitscene and GTK this year despite that being well before my time. I did that as I am happy to see episodes of ABC music shows from all eras, just like yourself, (although I wouldn't sit through anything post mid 90's like Recovery) - I just said I hoped for 10 unrepeated Countdowns. Is there something wrong with hoping for something? On the Rage Messageboard I only said I hoped 4 or 5 could be considered, hardly fanatical or squeeky wheel behaviour I would have thought.

When I wrote
"Countdown is enjoyable on it's own purely as a byproduct of society's presentation of it's cultural side."
I'm sorry if you couldn't understand my ideology of social culture - English is my second language and I am not as articulate as I would like to be - but I am not sure if it necessitated your aggressive response of:
"Armin, even if that did make sense, I still wouldn't care. I know I'm not alone. Good luck in your self-centered quest to replace your time-coded episodes with Rage repeats (albeit now with a watermark)."

You have gone off on a tangent that has nothing to do with what I wrote. I am not looking at replacing time-coded episodes nor have I mentioned that. In fact when I put in suggestions for Countdown this year I actually surveyed other forum users to find out which episodes we were collectively most interested in and put that forward as a suggestion.

All I have said is that I suggest Countdown episodes as that is what I am interested in and that I welcome others to suggest Countdown Revolution if that's what they want to see.

I wish you all the best in your wanting to see Countdown Revolution but am a little perplexed why this should create a hostile attack on me for liking Countdown.

You have had a verbal stoush with Jason but dragged me into it as well for some leverage in your argument even though I think it is misplaced and unfortunate.

I am happy to move on and enjoy Retro season but will defend character assassinations, whether here or at Rage.

You waged in of your own accord, probably at Jason the Immoderator's invitation. You are a large part of the problem with the Countdown fan base as well. I stand by everything I have said. The both of you simply won't tolerate 'dissent'. I and others without a 'collecting agenda' are dangerous from your perspective. That comes across very clearly.

I notice you haven't put up playlists for Countdown Revolution episodes for people to peruse. Hmmmm?

Dear Kyron
You appear to be emotional which is detracting from the quality of your message.

Kyron
I notice you haven't put up playlists for Countdown Revolution episodes for people to peruse. Hmmmm?

No conspiracy theory there, I don't have them so I can't post what I don't have. You are most welcome to contact the ABC and see if they are obtainable. It would seem a bit rough if you abuse me and then expect me to do your research for you, wouldn't you think?

Kyron
You waged in of your own accord

You made a statement on a discussion forum and you don't wish for me to discuss it? Please notify me in future when you wish to make dictatorial statements that won't tolerate a response.

Kyron
Armin, even if that did make sense, I still wouldn't care. I know I'm not alone.

Well the comment "Countdown is enjoyable on it's own purely as a byproduct of society's presentation of it's cultural side." did make sense grammatically and I fail to see how it is offensive so I guess it just seems that you won't tolerate an comment that is at odds with your views. Sorry if I find the format of Countdown enjoyable. It is a pity that your arrogance wouldn't let you care what others think. Perhaps it is you that considers me "dangerous from your perspective"

Kyron
Good luck in your self-centered quest to replace your time-coded episodes with Rage repeats (albeit now with a watermark)....I stand by everything I have said.

I will call your bluff with this lie since you stand by it. Please show the reference source where you claim I state to have a quest to replace time-coded episodes.

I have never requested an episode that I have a time-coded copy of, so it must be one of the tamest quests ever. If it occurs then I will take it but it will only be as sheer co-incidence as I have done nothing to facilitate that. I actually prefer that Rage show episodes that have not been shown before and that I don't already have as that is more interesting to watch.

The ball is in your court Kyron. You have a chance to make dignified comments that are factual or you can continue to make a mad unsubstantiated rants.

I find it interesting that people just presume that I and Guru or any others have the whole ABC archival info on every music program that the ABC ever created!

The fact of the matter is that I do NOT have Countdown Revolution archival information, PERIOD!

I spent $160.00 on the archival information back in 2003 when I started this website to show which episodes still exist at the ABC so people could see the full program info on what hasn't been wiped by the ABC.

Why would I spend a further amount of money like $160.00 of archival footage for any other programs than Countdown when I don't have a Countdown Revolution or Factory website? I don't even have the Rock Arena ones and i adore Rock Arena as I don't have the funds to spend that much money on info for each program.

If anyone wants info from the ABC for any Music Programs it's as simple as calling them up. paying and they send the info to you. That is the only way anyone will have any history on any ABC Music Programs, period!

Maybe this subject post should be 'I am worried about Kyron'! Sorry Kyron, but I'm over it and I think you have used up your $20.

Other news - good to see that Countdown got mentioned there for a while on Spicks & Specks tonight. Just the right timing and exposure us Countdown fans need for retro January. Red is a LEGEND! Hopefully the programmers at rage were watching

Michael
Maybe this subject post should be 'I am worried about Kyron'! Sorry Kyron, but I'm over it and I think you have used up your $20.

Other news - good to see that Countdown got mentioned there for a while on Spicks & Specks tonight. Just the right timing and exposure us Countdown fans need for retro January. Red is a LEGEND! Hopefully the programmers at rage were watching

FAB! Countdown got mentioned on Spicks And Specks. INDEED good timing with January coming!

I LUUUURVE Miffy, she is so sweet A lovely lady!