Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
List of Australian Music Television Shows

Hi Guys,

Here is a link to the list of Australian Music Television shows from Wikipedia. Not quite sure if all the Music shows are listed here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_music_television_shows

ABC also produced a show called "Teen Scene" hosted by Johnny Chester (1964-1965). I wonder if any of these episodes survived.

Bobby & Laurie presented "It's A Gas" before it was renamed "Dig We Must". I know there is only one Dig We Must episode left but how about 'It's A Gas' shows. Have any of these survived?

Re: List of Australian Music Television Shows

Dave
Hi Guys,

Here is a link to the list of Australian Music Television shows from Wikipedia. Not quite sure if all the Music shows are listed here.

ABC also produced a show called "Teen Scene" hosted by Johnny Chester (1964-1965). I wonder if any of these episodes survived.

Bobby & Laurie presented "It's A Gas" before it was renamed "Dig We Must". I know there is only one Dig We Must episode left but how about 'It's A Gas' shows. Have any of these survived?

I will go and check that list out now - thanks Dave. There is no "'It's A Gas" episodes left that I am aware. For Teen Scene there is one clip remaining only featuring the Chessmen on the beach doing a film clip of "Gotta Travel On" - no complete episodes either sadly.

Hi Brett,

That's what I figured. These Television stations didn't find Music shows a high priority here. The BBC in England were just as bad with their "Top Of The Pops" 1960's series where 90% have been wiped off during the 1970's.

There was one music show their better than the later called "Ready, Steady, Go" on Channel 4 in which all the episodes survived many thanks to Dave Clark (The Dave Clark Five) who purchased & owns the rights to all the shows between 1963-1966. I have seen some clips from RSG shown on Rage in the past. eg: The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, Jerry Lee Lewis and more.

Um, hello?

Where on earth is The Noise with Anette Shun Wah on SBS which ran from 1986 to 1991ish!!! One of my FAV music programs from the 80s!

And where is Between The Teeth from 1986 on ABC. I knew they wouldn't list all of them!!!

'Between The Teeth' also aired in 1987. I remember watching this for a while after Countdown got the axe.

Foxtel used to show 70's complete episodes of TOTP's back in 1999 on UKTV. Found it hard to get into, as a lot of the acts/songs I didn't know.

Between The Teeth was so cool.

You found TOTP hard to get into? WOW< UK pop at it's best in my opinion and the more obscure THE better!

Brett (2)
Dave
Hi Guys,

I will go and check that list out now - thanks Dave. There is no "'It's A Gas" episodes left that I am aware. For Teen Scene there is one clip remaining only featuring the Chessmen on the beach doing a film clip of "Gotta Travel On" - no complete episodes either sadly.

Hi Guys

It is interesting that Teen Scene was only shown in 1964-65, there is a guy i know that happens to have a full episode but he says it is from 1969. These are the shows he has

Australian Music TV Series from my Collection

1. The Go Show (1969).
2. Uptight (1966).
3. Happening 71' and 72' (1971).
4. Young Talent Time (1971).
5. Tommy HSV7 TV Special (1973).
6. SIX O'CLOCK ROCK (1960).
7. Teen Scene (1969).
8. GTK (1970).
9. Countdown (1975-1981).
10. Flashez (1976-77).
11. Club Seventeen (1966).
12. Jimmy (1966).
13. Bandstand (1976).
14. Hitscene (1970-71).

I haven't heard of some of these!!

Michael
'Between The Teeth' also aired in 1987. I remember watching this for a while after Countdown got the axe.

Foxtel used to show 70's complete episodes of TOTP's back in 1999 on UKTV. Found it hard to get into, as a lot of the acts/songs I didn't know.

Many of the songs which were released during the period in the UK were never released in Australia or just didn't fare too well. It was an OK show but the artists mimed their performances. I remember a situation with The Clash performing on the show and would never appear again as they preferred to perform live and not mime their songs. The Old Grey Whistle Test was a better show as they performed their numbers live.

Most of the complete TOTP's episodes on UKTV were late 70's too. It was a time when my music knowledge was pretty much 80's and 90's. Wish I taped them now, but I do remember it being shown on a Saturday morning right after the current TOTP's episode.

Didn't John Farnham sing all his songs live on Countdown?