Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Countdown Revolution Episodes on RAGE during Retro Season 2012?

I think it would be great to see some more material from 1987 to 1990 on retro this year. Specifically some more episode of Countdown Revolution could be aired.

I've just submitted a post to the RAGE forum, hopefully it will be published.

Does anyone have access to some playlists for episodes or know how to apply to get access to them?

We seem to get a lot of material from 1980 to 1984 and then a lot of 'Recovery' era material, not much in between.

To the best of my knowledge the only CR eps replayed on Rage in their entirety were the three shown in 2008.

Re: Countdown Revolution Episodes on RAGE during Retro Season 2012?

If they could play Countdown Revolution from The Metro with Boy George I WOULD DIE.'

I went to Countdown Revolution HEAPS in the late 80s as part of the audience.

It was fun and all but it ain't no Countdown...

I wouldn't complain if some Countdown Revolution eps are shown - 2 or 3 are fine.

Would love it if they showed the 1989/90 Christmas shows which went on for an hour I believe, that could be worth seeing.

Hopefully NO Recovery or 10.30 Slot is played though but I'm afraid if I go on about it too much on the Rage forum they'll play some!!

I wouldn't mind 2 or 3 so long as they are good episodes. As they are very hit and miss.

NO RECOVER THOUGH!

I only like the CR episodes with Tania Lacey. Here's also to some excerpts of her stints on The Factory. God they were the days of just watching that show for 3 hours on Saturday mornings. I also liked it in 1988 when they played the videos and they had rolling text at the bottom of the screen, telling you about the artist, clip, chart position and any juicy info....OK, I'm getting off the track here....Oh yeah, and it was also the show to watch to get your fix of new releases.

I totally agree, episodes of the Factory would be just as good. There's a massive hole in the schedule. Shows from that era shouldn't be all bundled together as post-Countdown. When CR, Factory, Beat Box were on I was in High School. When Racquet was on I was living in sin. When Recovery was on I was married with a child and already getting fat and losing my hair (how youth fades so quickly...)

I'm with you totally Kyron, we all love our Countdown, but there are so many "forgotten" by many treasures in the ABC archive from the late 90's. And ABC3 is OFF AIR every night, wouldn't it be awesome if they could fill that void with retro-music shows, then we would all be happy!

Oh NO, this coming January is going to be a disaster!...

There is no Countdown love to be found, F U C K

Matt73
I'm with you totally Kyron, we all love our Countdown, but there are so many "forgotten" by many treasures in the ABC archive from the late 90's. And ABC3 is OFF AIR every night, wouldn't it be awesome if they could fill that void with retro-music shows, then we would all be happy!

You want the late 90s for Retro??? WTF???!!!

This is just vile

Jason 'The Moderator'
Matt73

You want the late 90s for Retro??? WTF???!!!

This is just vile

I'm pretty sure Matt meant late 80s. You'll notice all the programs listed in the post by yours truly were broadcast in the late 80s/early 90s.

After all there's no need to wish for late 90s material... we get enough of it now every retro season!!! I personally think something needs to be at least 20 years old to actually be retro. Maybe that's partly being about 2 times 20 in age, having been married for 20 years, having three history degrees or just being discerning!!! 10-15 years might seem a long time to a 25 year old, but that doesn't make it 'retro'.

Look to the hair and the shoulder pads me lads!!!

It's like my 16 year old Nephew and his mates. They look back on the music of 2006 and think that was so long ago and they think it's retro!

Listen Jason, I meant late 80's, so I'm not VILE.

Hey, he didn't call you VILE, he called the late 90's VILE!

I didn't say YOU were vile. I said the fact that you considered late 90s as retro for January is VILE!

Calm down darling

And at Kyron, the last time I checked, this Forum was my Forum which i started for Countdown fans and not late 90s fans. A person into the late 90s wouldn't even come here for a start, correct?

It's not my fault that there are more people that get excited over more Countdown being played in January than those who are into The Factory!

Countdown went for over a decade so obviously it's closer to people's hearts than shows that lasted for just a year or 2 years!

SO if people are on my forum or rage's wanting Countdown, so be it!

Even that comment you left on rage like, CJ you are out voted something along those lines is quite ridiculous seeing there are obviously more Countdown fans anyway... If you think that the hype for Countdown Revolution will ever be stronger than Countdown then you my friend are OUT VOTED!

How am I talking out of my ass exactly?

rage have been playing Countdown repeats since 1993 and because of that many Countdown fans have been loyal rage watchers in January since.

So I am talking out of my ass because I say that the majority of January viewers are more Countdown fans than Revolution fans?

I never said rage shouldn't play Countdown Revolution. I actually asked for 3 episodes myself!!!

And for me to say that there seem to be more Countdown fans every year on rage and here is a FACT! And why wouldn't there be. it's THE most successful music OZ program ever next to rage!!!

I am calm. I am just stating the facts :-) I haven't seen a Countdown Revolution DVD out like Countdown and I haven't seen a Countdown Revolution concert nor book so how am I talking out of my ass exactly. If most retro fans around Australia ask for Countdown more than that's because it was a successful show and will a ways live on. It's that simple and if you actually look on my website you will see that there are actually some Countdown Revolution photo's from when Duran were on it and that I actually requested some Revolution episodes myself because I actually think there were a few decent episodes

I need help because I say Countdown is more popular than Revolution. How ridiculous

I think guys this is getting a little bit out of hand, and without blaming anyone, I think they might of been a small misunderstanding, which unfortunately has gone well off track.

May I suggest for you guys to chill your hills for a few days, and take a break. I'm not cross at anyone, I had a bit of a "wordy punch up" on wikipedia last year, because there was a misunderstanding, it happens to us all, but again it is best of to chill out and let go, a few days later might bring a different prospective.

Countdown was a great show, and so was countdown revolution, I think we all enjoy rekindling the good old days of our favourite 70's 80's songs and artists which is much more enjoyable then all this bickering. :)

So come on, let's go and chill out in the lounge, I'll have a Coke, and beers on the house all round. thanks. :).

Countdown was such a fantastic show with a huge influence on popular culture and even now casts a massive shadow over Australian music.

It's only natural that Countdown fans on this forum for Countdown would want to see a majority of episodes from this very show.

Some Countdown Revolution episodes would indeed be welcome but in the main more unaired Countdowns is what fans in this forum would like to see.

We only get Retro once a year and there are around 200 Countdowns yet to be shown and so it's natural we want to see more of these episodes aired.

This is a fantastic site in which we can discuss what episodes we want to see and I personally would rather see more of these than any other music show on Rage in January - since it was a huge part of my and everyone's elses' childhood.

Even though it was a typo by Matt73 - 'more late 90s' when he was actually meant to say 'more late 80s' I have no problem with anyone saying how VILE to this era of music. God, back then I loved it and bought all the compilations, but looking back on it now it was s h i t. We are Countdown fans and have strong opinions on other eras of music that are commented on this forum. I knew it was a typo and I knew Jason's comment was lighthearted because he knew it probably was a typo. Anyway, hopefully it's all good now and have moved on.

Thanks Michael, correct on all levels. I never took it personally, and for the (LP) record - it was a typo!!

Thank You Matt, if I did offend you I apologize to you

I hope they play the one Kylie did Hand On Your Heart on. One of the few times she sang live during that era!

I recorded that performance of Hand On Your Heart but it's now loooong gone. She wore a red top with black fringed pants with 4 dancers in jeans and whit shirts/vests. It was one of the first times I heard her sing live, funny performance... Bless

Speaking of "Kylie Minogue" there is a performance of Kylie singing "Never Too Late" from Nov 1989 from "Countdown Revolution" on You Tube to watch. Worth a look if you are a Kylie fan from her early music career years.

Scott
Speaking of "Kylie Minogue" there is a performance of Kylie singing "Never Too Late" from Nov 1989 from "Countdown Revolution" on You Tube to watch. Worth a look if you are a Kylie fan from her early music career years.

I was at the Countdown Revolution performance for Never Too Late at The Metro :-) You can see me waving my hand to Kylie in the crowd, LOL

I was there too I was one of the hosts Lisa Collins

Lisa

Wow, Lisa!

I've got my fingers crossed that there may be some episodes of Countdown Revolution this coming weekend, as Rage seem to be doing things chronologically this year with retro month. Maybe next weekend we'll get some mid-late 80's/early 90's programs, including some Countdown Revolution episodes.

Lisa

Hey Lisa, You're Up. Be watching tonight!

hey i was there too,lisa i always thought you did such an excellent job,no script to read,straight of the top.Nobody does that now days,or could...andy and dan also both great.carried me i was hopeless.thanks dazzzza...wheres chook.

That episode appeared to be edited surely, it seemed awfully short.

I must admit although 23 years has passed by, I dont see Revolution as pure Retro. That probably reminds me of how old I am getting nowadays, but I saw Poison on that tour, and it still doesn't feel like 23 years to me.

They ended up having many hosts during CR time, I have some CR footage still on VHS. There was that guy from Neighbours who hosted it with Tania Lacey, and I thought he was too old and out of touch for a show like that. Also a long haired dude was host also, especially when Bon Jovi were here for their New Jersey tour back in 1989.

NOT edited at all Stephen. Countdown Revolution ONLY went for 30 minutes each day from Monday to Friday which meant 2 and a half hrs a week!

stephen
That episode appeared to be edited surely, it seemed awfully short.

I must admit although 23 years has passed by, I dont see Revolution as pure Retro. That probably reminds me of how old I am getting nowadays, but I saw Poison on that tour, and it still doesn't feel like 23 years to me.

They ended up having many hosts during CR time, I have some CR footage still on VHS. There was that guy from Neighbours who hosted it with Tania Lacey, and I thought he was too old and out of touch for a show like that. Also a long haired dude was host also, especially when Bon Jovi were here for their New Jersey tour back in 1989.

Yes, the long haired guy with the dark brown long hair plus hideous Chook and that black lesbian woman! I thought Lisa Collins and Tania Lacey were the best out of all of them!

Jason 'The Moderator'

Yes, the long haired guy with the dark brown long hair plus hideous Chook and that black lesbian woman! I thought Lisa Collins and Tania Lacey were the best out of all of them!

I don't remember the 'black lesbian woman'

I agree Lisa Collins and Tania Lacey were clearly the standout hosts, looking back on the show now.

I see Lisa posted in this thread earlier, but did the ladies go and have decent success elsewhere, post CR.

I dont remember seeing them on TV after CR.

The black lesbian was a hip hop girl who used to wear caps. She was only on for a short time, LOL...

stephen
I agree Lisa Collins and Tania Lacey were clearly the standout hosts, looking back on the show now.

I see Lisa posted in this thread earlier, but did the ladies go and have decent success elsewhere, post CR.

I dont remember seeing them on TV after CR.

So weird that Lisa Collins posted on here the other day. Hi Lisa! LOL... Is aw you a few times when I went tot he C.rev tapings...

Jason 'The Moderator'
The black lesbian was a hip hop girl who used to wear caps. She was only on for a short time, LOL...

Yeah, I had a vague memory of her not long after I posted the previous message. But then thought I might be imagining her or confusing her with the singer in Technotronic, as I think they both looked the same

Was her name Manuela or something? (which was also the real name of Ya Kid K - so again I'm not sure if I'm confusing her with that).

She looked very much like Ya Kid K but even MORE butch, LOL!... She was a SHOCKER!!!

After a brief look at the TARA database, I think the Ya Kid K look-a-like's name was:

RINELLA LEVITT

Rinella... close enough to Manuela

Wow, there's absolutely NOTHING on her on google!

Searching TARA yields 9 results with Rinella

Including the following:

3. ID: 138121 - COUNTDOWN REVOLUTION;SHOW 89 - PROGRAM
Email Sales about this item
duration: 28.30
summary: THIS WEEKS ALL GIRL SHOW IS HOSTED BY LISA, RINELLA AND NICKI, AND INCLUDES TANIAS ANNETE STARMAKER STORIES PARTS 1, 2 AND 3. ALSO SHOWN IS THE ULTIMATE AUTOGRAPH PROMO AND RINELLAS DANCE CHARTS PLUS A SELECTION OF MUSIC VIDEO CLIPS FROM FEMALE
hide details:
personalities: LISA COLLINS, ABC HOST;NICKI LOVE, ABC REPORTER;RINELLA, ABC REPORTER;TANIA LACY, ABC REPORTER
shotlist: NONE

Here's your Batdance competition episode Jason:

4. ID: 167692 - COUNTDOWN REVOLUTION;BATDANCE FINAL - PROGRAM
duration: 54.00
summary: THE PROGRAM IS HOSTED BY ANDY MCLEAN,DAN WOODS,LISA COLLINS,RINELLA LEVITT,ROBERT JAMES AND CHOOK AND INCLUDES THE FINALISTS FOR THE BATDANCE COMPETITION,THE AUST TOP TEN,MUSIC CLIPS OF JENNY MORRIS SINGING 'SHE HAS TO BE LOVED',MARTIKA
hide details:
personalities: ANDY MCLEAN,COUNTDOWN HOST;DAN WOODS,COUNTDOWN HOST;LISA COLLINS,COUNTDOWN HOST;RINELLA LEVITT,COUNTDOWN HOST;ROBERT JAMES,ABC PRESENTER;CHOOK,ABC PRESENTER;PETER BLAKELY,SINGER

I must admit I don't recall that Rinella person. I only remember the initial 3 young hosts, then Mark Litte and Tania Lacey and that blonde guy called Chook.

it's possible I gave up on C. Rev. the same time as everyone else did and that's why I don't remember Rinella. Would love to see the Batdance competition though, that sounds great. And I'm sure they must have had an episode devoted to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as they were massive at that time.

ohnoitisnathan
Searching TARA yields 9 results with Rinella

Including the following:

3. ID: 138121 - COUNTDOWN REVOLUTION;SHOW 89 - PROGRAM
duration: 28.30
summary: THIS WEEKS ALL GIRL SHOW IS HOSTED BY LISA, RINELLA AND NICKI, AND INCLUDES TANIAS ANNETE STARMAKER STORIES PARTS 1, 2 AND 3. ALSO SHOWN IS THE ULTIMATE AUTOGRAPH PROMO AND RINELLAS DANCE CHARTS PLUS A SELECTION OF MUSIC VIDEO CLIPS FROM FEMALE
hide details:
personalities: LISA COLLINS, ABC HOST;NICKI LOVE, ABC REPORTER;RINELLA, ABC REPORTER;TANIA LACY, ABC REPORTER

summary: THE PROGRAM IS HOSTED BY ANDY MCLEAN,DAN WOODS,LISA COLLINS,RINELLA LEVITT,ROBERT JAMES AND CHOOK AND INCLUDES THE FINALISTS FOR THE BATDANCE COMPETITION,THE AUST TOP TEN,MUSIC CLIPS OF JENNY MORRIS SINGING 'SHE HAS TO BE LOVED',MARTIKA
hide details:
personalities: ANDY MCLEAN,COUNTDOWN HOST;DAN WOODS,COUNTDOWN HOST;LISA COLLINS,COUNTDOWN HOST;RINELLA LEVITT,COUNTDOWN HOST;ROBERT JAMES,ABC PRESENTER;CHOOK,ABC PRESENTER;PETER BLAKELY,SINGER

YES, OMG!... You jogged my memory back to 1989/90 and Rinella WAS indeeeed her name!!!

Great for finding out the info, and you certainly have it right as she DID used to do the Dance and some Hip Hop oriented charts charts!!!

Nathan!

THANKS for finding the Batdance comp date. I am SO
spewing as I had the FULL episode. I remember I set the timer record on my VCR in 1989 as I was at Countdown Revolution. I had my original vhs with this FULL episode on it through the whole 90s and for most of the 00s BUT I just can't find where the video has gone?. I think I left it at someone's house I am no longer talking to, argh!!! :-(

I am ALSO very upset as in 1989 I also recorded a Melbourne band called Zah Zah Zah with a track called Zah House. Zah Zah Zah were an Electronic/Dance/ Acid House band and that video clip was also on this same video!!! :-( And is SUCH a hard video to get, I NEVER saw it again on anything else or since!

I want it SO bad as I see myself a few times on that episode, LOL!

I have to say that it was THE best Countdown Revolution as it was jam packed with HEAPS of entertainment, was a good day and a nice memory to have :-)

RE:

hide details:

Not sure if THIS is the actual Batdance show, I think this is the finals of the choosing the contestants. I looked on Tara last night and found this and was dissapointed as this is NOT the proper one...

As the actual Batdance Competition show featured: Kylie Minogue, Collette and Martika all live at The Metro.

Jason 'The Moderator'

Not sure if THIS is the actual Batdance show, I think this is the finals of the choosing the contestants. I looked on Tara last night and found this and was dissapointed as this is NOT the proper one...

As the actual Batdance Competition show featured: Kylie Minogue, Collette and Martika all live at The Metro.

Well Martika is listed on the episode above. I presume her (presumably) promo tour to Australia wasn't long enough for her to appear on 2 different episodes of Countdown Revolution from that year... but I could be wrong. The TARA summaries of Countdown Revolution aren't the best as they all cut out before the full description is given, so Kylie COULD appear on this episode. Interesting they've listed the time for it as being 54 minutes as well, given that regular C.Rev episodes were less than 30 minutes.

Jason 'The Moderator'

YES, OMG!... You jogged my memory back to 1989/90 and Rinella WAS indeeeed her name!!!

A flashback for me as well... I had TOTALLY forgotten about her! Strange to think I had that vague distant memory of her lingering somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind all these years

Jenny Morris was NOT on the Batdance competition so mayve it's the wrong show or it's archived wrongly!

Seems there were quite a few hosts for C. Rev in its short life.

Over 18 months it had 7 hosts - hardly a good way of maintaining a stable show. It started out with 3 hosts initially, then I believe the guy with the brown hair got axed first and then followed by the other two.

Then they were replaced by Mark Little and Tania Lacey who in turn were replaced by Chook and the other lady.

I remember watching the 1989 and the first half of the 1990 series but I think I gave up after the Little/Lacey on-air strike as I don't recall much of the late 1990 episodes.

I have few memories of C.Rev from the second half of 1990, too. I remember seeing a handful of clips, like Sam Brown's 'Once In Your Life', Betty Boo's 'Doin' the Do', and Snap!'s 'Cult of Snap!'. Chook and the long hair metal guy had very little charisma, and the show was clearly on its last legs.

Someone's uploaded the D.A.D. (Disneyland After Dark, Danish band from memory, who had 2 minor [lower half of the top 100] 'hits' here in 1990 with 'Sleeping My Day Away' and 'Girl Nation') footage from Countdown Revolution, where they think someone is requesting Nick Barker's 'Erection Time' rather than Resurrection Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOLZ5i-4iVs

1 2