Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cold Chisel on rage

Hi, did anyone record the Cold Chisel special on rage Saturday night? I am after their videos and Jimmy's videos. It would have went from about 3.30 - 6.30am.
Will pay for your troubles if I could get these put onto 2 discs. Cheers.

Re: Cold Chisel on rage

must add, I have both these video DVD's, but rage played a few tracks that aren't on these DVD's.

Hi Michael
I still have them on my HDD and can do copies.

I caught/kept 'When Your Love Is Gone' in letterboxed widescreen 4:3 ratio, but that's it.

Hi Guru, did you record it in 4:3? (no black vertical bars on the side of the picture). I know some of the later videos probably would have been right for widescreen, but 95% would be 4:3 ratio.

Michael
I just record what is broadcast. If there were black bars on the left and right then that is what I recorded. I don't have the know how, technology or time to muck around with ratios.

I'm guessing you recorded it in 16:9. When I am able to record videos on rage, I watch/record ABC1 through the Foxtel channel 102 and use the 'setup' button on the Foxtel remote to change the ratio to 4:3. Anyway, thanks for the offer.

Sorry, I don't have Foxtel. Can't afford or justify it. I already hate TV with watermarks all over it - I'm not going to pay for something I hate.

I agree, but I've had it since '99 and it's too hard to cancel it as there are some special treats every now and then.

Not Cold Chisel related, as I don't want to start another post, but re Alice Cooper rage special, did anyone record it? I did, but I recorded it in 4:3, assuming his 'Trash' videos would be in this format. Rage showed all 4 in widescreen. I am just after 'Poison', 'Bed Of Nails', 'House Of Fire', 'Only My Heart Talkin''. Once again, if anyone can help me out, I am willing to pay for your efforts. So yeah, I'm doing a total flip here and asking for it in 16:9 instead of 4:3. Cheers.

Michael, I got the 'Trash' videos in the right ratio (letterboxed 4:3), except 'Only My Heart Talking' - but I've got that on an official Alice Cooper DVD (but it looks like a straight VHS transfer). I can help you out with these if you need them.

Hi Nathan

That would be great. It s h i t s me when the song title and artist fall off the screen. As some have suggested before, rage should place it in the centre of the video. So, just the 4 videos and in the order of single release. I bought 'Trash' on the weekend and this would make a great addition to the CD with the videos from it. $10 sound cool?

^ No need for payment... I'm so overdue with what I already owe you

Many Thanks. I'll be waiting eagerly at the letterbox!

Michael
Not Cold Chisel related, as I don't want to start another post, but re Alice Cooper rage special, did anyone record it? I did, but I recorded it in 4:3, assuming his 'Trash' videos would be in this format. Rage showed all 4 in widescreen. I am just after 'Poison', 'Bed Of Nails', 'House Of Fire', 'Only My Heart Talkin''. Once again, if anyone can help me out, I am willing to pay for your efforts. So yeah, I'm doing a total flip here and asking for it in 16:9 instead of 4:3. Cheers.

If you are interested Michael, I have the uncensored version of Poison from Laserdisc if you are interested? I also have House of Fire from the same Laser Disc. Both are 4:3 specs?

Thanks Lee, but I'll stick with Nathan's offer. The uncensored version of 'Poison' is always played on the music channels on Foxtel, sometimes they give a warning to the rude visuals prior to showing it.