Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
And while I'm here...

Just what in god's name has happened to the Rage guestbook? Am I imagining it or has it seriously died?
One of my absolute favourite things to do was go onto the guestbook and read all the funny things people had said.
Not only has the incredably funny mod left the building but even the regulars aren't posting a smile anymore.
???
I fear this is my punishment for being mostly unaffected by the watermark. Karma's a funny thing. At least someone or something still has a sense of humour. :-)
Clearly though, the new(which of course is now old) messageboard must have somethiong to do with the death of Rage fans communicating. Dwindling dwindling...gone. :*(
Even more reason to keep this here forum running.

Re: And while I'm here...

Yeah Redacted,
The Rage messageboard is really sad these days - such a shame it's been reduced to such a pale shadow of its former self.
Almost no activity and it's lucky to even get updated once a week.
So different than the glory days of the old guestbook in its heydey...gee,I miss those days...

That's funny - sucked in rage! When they changed over to the new/now current guestbook and you had to sign in to make comments, I said 'forget it' it looks too complicated and why should I have to do this? It's not worth the trouble. I used to read all the posts and post on the old guestbook. Now (as Eric Carmen once put it) those days have gone....
Everyone should boycott it and hopefully a few things at rage HQ will change for the better.

It's probably also a result of RAGE going to Twitter and Facebook too.

Michael
Everyone should boycott it and hopefully a few things at rage HQ will change for the better.

Don't think they would notice or even care if there were even fewer comments than there are now!
Apathy seems to be the order of the day most of the time over there now.
In fact they'd probably be pleased because it would reduce their workload.

Yes,sadly,Twitter and Facebook seem to have made the messageboard redundant.

PS Looking forward to Gary Numan tonight, Jason?
You must let us know how it was....

ah yes...facebook and twitter - how did I forget!

Christina
PS Looking forward to Gary Numan tonight, Jason?
You must let us know how it was....

First of all may I say that Severed Heads were completely SENSATIONAL beyond words!... Gary Numan's 'Pleasure Principle' live was STUNNING and may I add that Gary ended the show with my FAVOURITE EVER Numan track ;I Die You Die'!

All of that was FAB but I HATED all the heavy metal industrial S H I T !

Sounds really good, Jason.(Except for the industrial crap).
A shame he couldn't have kept it completely retro and played more stuff off his Tubeway Army. Replicas and Telekon albums as well.Guess he didn't play "Machman" or "Me I Disconnect from You" then?
I've read some really glowing reviews, with people saying Gary's voice is just as good all these years later and he looks fantastic for his age, as well as being really energetic.
Heard it was sold out as well.

The only good thing about the Rage guestbook dying is that it's now much easier to get your requests/suggestions noticed. I had about 6 or so clips I suggested played on the 'Rage Unleashed' special, for instance. I never thought they'd actually play Chantoozies' 'Witch Queen'

Same here Nathan. Witch Queen was a huge bonus and one of the very few clips that I recorded from the animal special. Thanks for requesting it.