Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage Saturday 26th March 2o11

It is 1:40am on the 27th and Rage has not even started yet. Running 2 hours late.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Re: Rage Saturday 26th March 2o11

It started at 11:33pm here in Melbourne. You must be in Sydney where they would have had election coverage. Apparently Labour got their butts kicked but that would have been known well before 11:30pm so there is no need to interrupt Rage with continuous news of which you would already be aware of anyhow.

Isn't that what they have started a 24 hour news channel for? They should have made it a 24 hour music channel as they show all the news on ABC1 and ABC21 anyhow - what's the point of repeating themselves on a 3rd channel?

Guru Bob
Apparently Labour got their butts kicked but that would have been known well before 11:30pm so there is no need to interrupt Rage with continuous news of which you would already be aware of anyhow

Yes,was an absolute massacre! Was to be expected though..

Rage was on so late because all the regular Saturday night shows that are normally on between 6 and 10.30pm were then shown after the election coverage.
So poor old Rage was bumped back to 2am or thereabouts...

I didn't watch rage last night as it looked CRAP! Was there some political thing on before????

I've said it before and I'll say it again-music's always the casualty whenever sporting & political events take centre stage.

When they play tedious, repetitive rubbish like they do for 48 out of 52 weeks for the year then who cares what time the show starts!!.

Thank god they do not hold elections in January!!

That "Guest Programmer" format is so tired and lame. Same old playlists, same old crap. I just realised looking at Saturday mornings playlist that nothing new will come from archives into the Rage playlist until they start looking for material for next January.

Any chance of a Wildcard special to break this repetitive monotony I wonder? At least there might be a chance to see something a bit different. This must now be the 2,145,998th airing on Rage for Nirvanas "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Only 9 months till something decent returns to liven up our Rage nights!!

Brett (2)
When they play tedious, repetitive rubbish like they do for 48 out of 52 weeks for the year then who cares what time the show starts!!.

Thank god they do not hold elections in January!!

That "Guest Programmer" format is so tired and lame. Same old playlists, same old crap. I just realised looking at Saturday mornings playlist that nothing new will come from archives into the Rage playlist until they start looking for material for next January.

Any chance of a Wildcard special to break this repetitive monotony I wonder? At least there might be a chance to see something a bit different. This must now be the 2,145,998th airing on Rage for Nirvanas "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Only 9 months till something decent returns to liven up our Rage nights!!

EXACTLY! WHo cares when it starts. The Guest Programmer's seem to think that only 50 tracks were EVER made!

I've been thinking since next year marks 25 years since Rage began whether it would be worthwhile pushing them to have viewers program the show for the entire anniversary month of April?

I reckon that'd be great - especially if one of us programmed the show - would be brilliant if that happened. That would at least ensure no dull Rage for a month at least!

I agree with the other comments too - sport and elections ALWAYS get first dibs ahead of anything else which is appalling. There is more to life than those 2 things which bore me - give me some flair thanks!

Patrick
I've been thinking since next year marks 25 years since Rage began whether it would be worthwhile pushing them to have viewers program the show for the entire anniversary month of April?

Good idea, but cynical 'lil me thinks if this happened they'd tend to favour the JJJ "alternative" (sic) viewers, who would select playlists that aren't all that different from what they usually air.