Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Countdown Years with Gavin Wood radio special

G'day everyone,

This media release came my way today - Gavin Wood will be hosting a radio show titled "The Countdown Years" as a one off special. No word yet if any station has taken it yet though.

----------------
He was the voice and often co host of TV’s Countdown music show from 1979 – 1987 and he’s back on
radio for a special one off show available this Easter – The Countdown Years with Gavin Wood.
Speaking from his studio in Los Angeles, an excited Gavin Wood said” It’s an amazing opportunity to be
back on radio again. I’ve wanted to relive my time and tell some of the stories during my incredible nine
year run.” He went onto add” there’s a hair raising story about how I was driving Doc Neeson from the
Angels to Southland Shopping Centre in Melbourne. I was due to be there to MC a live performance by
Bonnie Tyler, but Doc had other ideas. You’ll need to catch the show to find out what he did while I’ll was at
the wheel dodging traffic snarls to get us there on time!”
“The Countdown Years with Gavin Wood” will be available on market exclusivity to radio stations around
Australia from April 4
th
, 2011. It is included in a bundled programming package known as “Fall For Autumn”
along with a series of 18 segments, plus a 2 Hour show titled “The Countdown Years Top 20 with Gavin
Wood.” This show will feature Gavin’s Top 20 handpicked songs which feature in the two hour program.
“They represent specific moments in time and special memories for me, while also highlighting the artists
who impacted new styles of music for the time. Much of it is centered on the 80’s era, but it won’t be
totally limited to just songs from that decade. There’s a lot to cover from a show that appeared on Sunday
nights right across Australia” says Gavin.
-------------

It's being produced by Twenty5Eight and Strategic Media Solutions.

Re: The Countdown Years with Gavin Wood radio special

Oooooooh,

PLEASE keep us informed with ANY new info!!!!!

I'm nearing the end of license negotiations with my own radio station, meaning it should go full-time any day now. So I might be able to host the show on my radio station, if the purchasing rights are not too expensive. :)

Jason "The Moderator"
Oooooooh,

PLEASE keep us informed with ANY new info!!!!!

Certainly will! As soon as I hear of any it'll be straight up here :-)

Mark from 2PR FM
I'm nearing the end of license negotiations with my own radio station, meaning it should go full-time any day now. So I might be able to host the show on my radio station, if the purchasing rights are not too expensive. :)

Great stuff, Mark! :-)