Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Warning!!!! Dont buy Panasonic Hdd/dvd recorders if you want 4:3

Hi Everybody

For all you lovers of 4:3 tv sets.Panasonic xw 380 and xw 480hdd/dvd recorder models and I suspect all Blue ray hdd/dvd recorders have a glitch that even Panasonic did not know about till now and could take 6 months or more to rectify the problem.

The problem being that they have a 4:3 aspect ratio menu for letterbox and Pan And Scan and the Pan and scan dont work so you cannot get full screen on a 4:3 tv.

So avoid Panasonic folks until if they ever do fix it because the stupid supervisor at Panasonic said they wont be going backwards.....whatever that means, but I did not like their attitude towards some of us 4:3 lovers out there.

Re: Warning!!!! Dont buy Panasonic Hdd/dvd recorders if you want 4:3

I have a Panasonic built ins et top box DVD Player but NOT a HDD and wasn't planning on buying a HDD so THANK GOODNESS!

I would DIE without 4.3!

How utterly VILE!

"We are not going backwards"?

What B A S T A R D S!

Just wondering does anybody have A older Panasonic Hdd/dvd recorder say a standard def one that the 4:3 pan and scan works to give you a full screen picture.

I ask because the stupid customer service guy rang me from Panasonic and it took me ages to get him to understand that the 4:3 Pan and scan does not function on the above models.

He reckons that this is the way its always been with Panasonic models.THIS CANNOT BE TRUE no way... so please can anybody confirm that their pan and scan works on a older model...Thanks I think Pana are really trying to cover this mistake up.

Yep looks like a Panasonic cover up
I spoke to somebody from Adelaide who has a older Panasonic and his 4"3 Pan and Scan works just fine!!!!