Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Did the "Coca Cola Kid" Soundtrack come out on CD?

I'm trying to do a complete reconstruction of the compilation 1985 Hottest on record, by trying to source all the tracks from CD. So far, I've got 17 out of the 18 tracks on CD, except for "Home for my heart" by Tim Finn.

I was quite sure I had it on his "Big Canoe" CD, which was his 1986 album, failing that, I thought it might of been stray material from "Escapade".

Further delving into this one, I found that the track was sourced from the "Coca Cola Kid" movie sound track, I'm am now dreading my chances of ever finding this one on CD, as the Coca Cola Kid was an Australian Film. Knowing how much of a f*ck the record companies give for Australian Soundtracks, this one is not boding well.

1985 Hottest On Record was released by EMI and Festival during September 1985, and had the following track list.

01 Out Of mind Out of Sight - MODELS
02 Freeway Of Love (single version) - ARETHA FRANKLIN
03 Crazy In The Night (Barking at Airplanes) - KIM CARNES
04 Dare Me - POINTER SISTERS
05 Call Me - GO WEST
06 There Must Be A Angel (Playing With My Heart) - EURYTHMICS
07 Still Waiting - UNCANNY X-MEN
08 Bittersweet - HOODOO GURUS
09 Move Closer (New Mix Edit) - PHYLLIS NELSON
10 Power Of Love - HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS
11 We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome) - TINA TURNER
12 Goodbye Bad Times - PHILLIP OAKLEY AND GORGIO MORODER
13 Shame - THE MOTELS
14 Heaven - BRYAN ADAMS
15 Home For My Heart - TIM FINN
16 Who's Holding Donna Now - DE BARGE
17 Idiot Grin (single version) - DO RE MI
18 Never Surrender (single version) - COREY HEART

Though I'm quite sure I know the answer to this one, can I please confirm that the Coca Cola Kid has not been released on CD, or at least has Tim Finn put out a greatest hits CD? Thanks

Re: Did the "Coca Cola Kid" Soundtrack come out on CD?

I'm a very happy person, I've just done a search on ebay and found that it is on the double CD "Other Ends" which is a compilation released through Raven, thank you Mr Glenn A Baker. :) :). I've just bought it, and is now heading good old south sydney way.

I'll be now able to reconstruct this entire comp from CD. Beautiful. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)