Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Supernaut

Was the first music video played on Countdown Supernaut, I like it both ways ?

Re: Supernaut

No -Supernaut's I Like It Both Ways came out in 1976 and Countdown started a couple of years earlier in late 1974.

Thank you for your reply and i know as we get older some things are not as clear but I have a recollection that the early series of Countdown had acts live but the 1st music video (recorded on video then played back to a wider audience via video) was Supernaut) but then I am testing a 16 year olds memory 34 years ago Cheers Neil

There were heaps of promo videos shown on Countdown in 1975 way before 'I Like It Both Ways' in 1976. BTW - I have never seen the video for this song. Was there one?

I recall something unique about this song on countdown and it may have been the first recorded live on the show.

Here's the video clip on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzDUcPfZoJ4

I think it was the most ambitious in house clips that CountDown made at the time.