Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ROCK ARENA Sept 9, 1985

Guru,

rage are playing the date above, any details on this episode?

Re: ROCK ARENA Sept 9, 1985

GURU ?????????????????????????????

Please put up the info ASAP!

I am waiting with NO patience, ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I have the list for that one, or if I do I don't have the date. According to my TV Week Sept 9 1985 was a Monday so that can't be right, unless it is the filming date but there is no description with it.

If it has Suzanne Dowling then I don't care too much what is on it, she just made that show so great.

I had suggested one the week earlier as follows, would have been nice to get that:

September 3 1985 with very rare clips from Canberra's Young Docteurs and Melbourne's Battle Happy
THIS WEEKS SHOW FEATURES AN INTERVIEW WITH THE EURYTHMICS AND SUZANNE DOWLING INTRODUCES NEW RELEASES FROM THE YOUNG DOCTEURS AND BATTLEHAPPY.;ARTISTS:;DO RE MI 'IDIOT GRIN';BATTLE HAPPY 'EVIL DONALD';YOUNG DOCTEURS 'AROUND';TOURISTS 'I ONLY WANNA BE WITH YOU';EURTYMICS 'SWEET DREAMS' + 'I LOVE YOU LIKE A BALL AND CHAIN';KING 'TROUBLE', 'I KISSED THE SPIKEY FRIDGE', 'LOVE AND PRIDE' + 'WON'T YOU HOLD MY HAND NOW';CABARET VOLTAIRE 'SENSORIA'+ 'BIG FUNK'(45.54);JIMMY NAIL 'LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE'(54.53)

Had also suggested that they play that 1975 GTK on Ariel and they have gone with it which is nice for the Harvey tribute.

Looks like a really good night.

DARN!

I so want to know...

The episode you requested with KING is just spectacular. If it's that episode I will literally DIE as it's so SPECIAL!

Argh, not knowing is going to freak me out 2mor night!

This will be a LOOOONG night as the amazing stuff is all on in the last few hours.... Better get SERIOUS sleep before hand!!!!!!!!!

Retro 5 looks SMASHING!.... Absolutely lovely :-)

I stayed up all last week and it looks like I will do the same this week. That is really a superb line-up, including Saturday morning.

I just hope the date of the Rock Arena is just out the same as the Dec 1980 Countdown and it is the one I suggested.

Jason "The Moderator"

Retro 5 looks SMASHING!.... Absolutely lovely :-)

All we need now is Retro 6 to 52 - just as they're on a roll the month comes to a close :-) Ah well...out with a bang as they say!

I have stayed up every weekend this month.

But last weekend stayed up till later as it was better.

This weekend I will be watching till the very end as the 1981 and 1983 episodes of Countdown are at the very end

THANK GOODNESS rage played this episode of Rock Arena!

I LOVE you Guru for requesting this episode. Sheeeer HEAVEN!