Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LYN VAN HECK? ... BEEN MISSING YOU?

OMG!

On the first 1981 episode what was that fabulous woman Lyn Van Heck with "Been Missing You"?

WOW, where did THAT come from? .... SO p i s s e d off that this clip wasn't played in full YET hideous Daryl Cotton with "Nice Girls" was played which was UNBEARABLE!

Does ANYONE have ANY info on this woman and this track????

I have BUCKLEYS of EVEEEEER seeing this video :-(

Re: LYN VAN HECK? ... BEEN MISSING YOU?

Here's a another video of her on youtube.There is a bit about her on the posting if you click on the down tab underneath. Joe Dolce writes and produces most of her songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRBhxizY_TE

Yeah, she looked a bit like a 'scripped out'! Reminded me of Pat Benatar in looks and the same angst an energy as Chrissy Amplett.

Jason
Lyn Van Hecke was a multi media style artist incorporating 16mm film projectors and computers and had a band/side project called Skin The Wig in 1981 and la Somnambule in 1984.

She collaborated with Joe Dolce, officially known as Joe Dolce's Music Theatre feat Lyn Van Hecke, with Shaddup You Face and If You Want To Be Happy. Ain't Been Missing You was the B Side to If You Want To Be Happy.

I think she may have been the woman who appeared with Joe hosting the 16/4/81 episode, would need to check the footage to be sure.

I have found no reference of Ain't Been Missing You having been shown on any other Countdown so that snippet/excerpt is all you will probably ever have.

The following is on wikipedia

Lin Van Hek (born 1944) (aka Lin Van Hecke) is an Australian writer and performance artist, and is the co-founder of a literary-music performance group called Difficult Women.

Van Hek was born in Melbourne but lived in Europe and India for some years. Returning to Australia in the 70s, she built a stone house on the Brass Knocker Creek near the Wadbilliga River and state forest in the southeastern corner of New South Wales.

Van Hek was the lead singer of the electro-dance band called Skin the Wig in the 80s. She co-wrote and sang the song Intimacy which was part of The Terminator film. She recorded a solo CD River of Life featuring songs of New Zealand writer, Kath Tait.

Van Hek works with a group of women in North Vietnam designing, manufacturing and trading in ethical, non-exploitative hand-embroidered silk garments and textiles.

Helen Garner's character "Lilian" is based on Van Hek.

Was that her name? I saw a woman wearing black leotard's and I thought 'oh hello what's this?'. A very interesting clip, although sadly only shown briefly.

What I liked about the 20/12/81 ep was it showed just how diverse Countdown was. It also proved - as did all the others last night - that 80's music and video clips COMPLETELY wipes the floor on today's stuff. Back then artists worked hard in presenting a dynamic visual/musical treat and they did so in spades!

Guru Bob

I have found no reference of Ain't Been Missing You having been shown on any other Countdown so that snippet/excerpt is all you will probably ever have.

:-( I didn't think I'd get anymore than that snippet ...

Very much so annoys me that the HIDEOUS HORROR of:

BRODERICK SMITH'S BIG COMBO 'MY FATHER'S HANDS'
AND
DARYL COTTON 'NICE GIRLS'

were played which literally made me ill. SO UTTERLY DAG CENTRAL. How terrible were those 2 tracks !!! YUKKKKKO ... Yet Lyn Van Heck and Serious Young Insects only had snippets :-(

A friend of mine, (Ryan who has the NZOZ channels on YouTube) has uploaded Lin Van Heck's 1982 release Intimacy to YouTube.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GquqPHGjODY

OMG Guru, this other single is just as FANTASTIC! Heavenlllllllly