Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
retro 4 programming?

With the mess up of dates I am HOPING so desperately that rage are still playing the same episodes as advertised this week?

I will NOT be happy if we get a different 1981 and a different 1985 :-(

What do you guys all think???

Re: retro 4 programming?

Hi Jason,

I hope so too - I wrote in another thread that the December 12th 1985 episode could be a wrong date as I have episodes of December 8th, 15th and 22nd of that year and unless December 12th was a midweek show I'm hoping this is NOT meant to be either the 8th or 15th.

Jason "The Moderator"
With the mess up of dates I am HOPING so desperately that rage are still playing the same episodes as advertised this week?

I will NOT be happy if we get a different 1981 and a different 1985 :-(

What do you guys all think???

OMG I just got home from work and when I first read this Jason I thought you'd said "with the mess of updates"...which then lead me to think that they'd changed the playlist in the last hour or so while I was in transit. Saturday's playlist is almost too good to be true and I just said to my other-half I wouldn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes...gawd...nervous wreck much !

It had all better be the same as I have been on such a high since Wednesday when I saw the selected Countdown's!

This whole 12th December business has me VERY worried seeing the date advertised originally was 1st December!

11 days forward is a long time to get the date mixed up. If this is the Neil from Young Ones episode from the 15th December I will NOT be amused!

Won't really be able to enjoy tomorrow night now as I will be nervous the whole time!

Totally agree.

Incidentally, the Rage iPhone app that I've installed seems to carry the actual broadcast times for each item saturday night. They were spot on last saturday night so I'll go through the timings now for those who are unable to access it.

11.57pm - Obit: Steve Prestwich, and Cold Chisel live at manly vale hotel 1980
12.34am - Forever now: Cold Chisel
12.38am - Flame trees: Cold Chisel
12.42am - Playing to win: LRB
12.46am - Six O Clock Rock
1.16am - Countdown 20/12/81
2.12am - Countdown 01/09/85
3.11am - Countdown 12/12/85
4.09am - Countdown 07/07/81
4.57am - The Big Rock Concert - Rock Arena - Concert for bangladesh 20/04/75
6.30am - Program ends

Hope this helps someone :-) My guess is as Rage is now being played out by Mediahub, these timings are directly taken from the computer's on-air program log. Makes sense too, most if not all '85 countdowns are 58 to 59 min and the 81 ones vary. The bangladesh concert being 1 hr 32 minutes goes right up to 6.29am where Rage's closer is played, taking them to 6.30am.

It will be Dec 1 1985 hosted by Midge Ure and July 12 1981 from Mt Buller as they are the shows listed in the more info section.

There were no shows 7/7/81 or 12/12/85 anyhow. I think someone at Rage just made a mistake when entering the info. I just hope they don't put the wrong dates on the episodes when they air.

I'm fairly sure it's simply a Rage typo - they've done it so many times before it's not funny.

It's a bit careless of them to not check their typing properly before posting though - I know they're probably in a hurry to post them, but it only takes a few seconds to scan everything to ensure it looks ok.

I'd be happy to volunteer to type for them if need be, plus choosing episodes, etc, etc!....

Well it makes no sense as on the right hand side it has the RIGHT dates and on the main page on the top left side it has different dates?

How hard is it to match them up?

And I posted a message about it!

They are nightmares!

Anyhow, as long as the same shows are played then that's all I WANT!

Thanks for that timing schedule Frank. Much appreciated.

Kyron
Thanks for that timing schedule Frank. Much appreciated.

No worries :-) As I said, the timing was right on last week so if you're programming any recordings I'd probably put 5 or 10 minutes either side just in case.