Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WTF time does rage start tonight ???

Anyone know what time RAGE actually starts tonight ? Get this...

ABC online TV Guide says it starts at 12.55am
RAGE website says it starts at 12.30am
Foxtel electronic guide says it starts at 12.57am
http://www.yourtv.com.au says it starts at 12.20am
http://www.ourguide.com.au says it starts at 11.55pm

Most worrying is the fact that ABC online TV Guide says it starts at 12.55am...if so it's obviously been cut. They list some "drama series" series called "Outnumbered" as starting at 12.25am and running for 30 minutes, followed by RAGE at 12.55am. If that's the case, and they've cut rage for it...there's the good old ABC programming management treating RAGE and *us* with utter disregard and contempt...again !

Just f!u!c!k it !

Re: WTF time does rage start tonight ???

It's just ridiculous!

i have NO idea what time it's starting either. To think we live in a so called "DIGITAL" age and we can't even get a straight answer on what time rage starts!

12.26am and Outnumbered just started guys. Must be that 12.57am start Rage have on their site.

I have no idea why they couldn't have just dropped Myles Barlow and Outnumbered, as I'm sure they are recent repeats anyhow, and just kept Rage as is.

Seems the whole ABC is fascinated with repeats.

Crap, I think I missed half of the 1980 episode because I set the recording at the EPG time, which was 12.57am.

Skyhooks are playing when my recording starts this morning.

If you had all read my posting from the earlier forum in here yesterday afternoon, you would have known it was definitely a 1257am start. And it kicked off right on time. Skyhooks was the first performance - and gee aren't they dreadful without Shirley?

Understandably - a lot of confusion over start times with all the altered programming due to the Queensland floods. The ONLY accurate guide seemed to Foxtel and the "Guest And Programmers" section of the Rage website - well hidden in a separate link. The biggest stuff-up was the Rage team putting 12:30am on their print version of the playlist on the web page. Hopeless!!

Stephen
Crap, I think I missed half of the 1980 episode because I set the recording at the EPG time, which was 12.57am.

Fixed, It appears I only missing the opening intro to the 1980 episode.

Why show two dramas, and remove the '81 episode. It had nothing to do with Flood coverage at all.

Shame ABC Shame

Stephen
Stephen

Fixed, It appears I only missing the opening intro to the 1980 episode.

Why show two dramas, and remove the '81 episode. It had nothing to do with Flood coverage at all.

Shame ABC Shame

If you wish, I can dub you off my copy of the 1980 episode and send it too you. I just manually started my harddrive recorder at 11:55, and then manually stopped it about 7:55 this morning.

Absolutely bizarre and pathetic!!
Those Myles Barlow and Outnumbered episodes were repeats of repeats and also available for viewing on iView.
Why the hell show them again at the expense of Rage?

Also turned the telly on briefly on Saturday morning when Rage is usually on ,(around 9am), and noticed that instead of the flood coverage, they were screening some old wildlife documentary.
WTF??

If you look closely on the rage website, they have 3 different times listed. The print playlist has 12.30am and 'more about this special' section has 12.57 and further down 12.56. I know for these 2 times, there is only a difference of a minute, but still?!?!...Careless mistakes again. Don't they quality assure their site before they put up information to the public?

They easily could have cut out whatever was on before Rage and left it at its original time - that way everyone would have gotten 3 unrepeated Countdowns instead of now waiting for the missing 1981 ep to surface next week.

I was less then impressed with Rage putting on performances from Marilyn Manson, Skunhour, etc - never knew they were 'retro' material - or is time moving way too fast for me these days?

The Hippies With Money segment featuring the Everley Bros was an interesting curio - something Rage most definately should do MORE of in terms of getting old shows like The Factory, Beatbox, Rock Arena, Countdown Revolution, etc. Putting some Sweet and Sour eps up wouldn't hurt either....

Plus a repeat of Summer Heights High was on before the Outnumbered show. I suppose the ABC now thing 2007 is retro also?

Yes I too wondered why they were showing those repeated dreary as you know what shows that delayed the Rage telecast instead of showing that Countdown as originally intended.

Sheer incompetence! There is no other way to describe it!

And even now on the Rage message board, the moderator does not even bother to respond to anything beyond messages that are praising them.

Where is the accountability for the ABC?