Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rock Arena

Jason, you may be sending mixed messages to Rage if you say you don't like live performances/concerts on Rock Arena, only wanting clips, and then have spent the last few years asking for I'm Talking live in concert. It may come across as being hypocritical if you make exceptions based on your own tastes.

We were also both keen on the Machinations live in concert that we finally convinced Rage to play 2 years ago. I do have a copy of the I'm Talking concert, taped back in the day if you are still interested in it. It's not digital but doesn't have any watermarks either.

Having looked through a lot of Rock Arena playlists, there were very few episodes of Rock Arena that had just a batch of random artists, usually they would feature a particular artist or theme. Many episodes would have one or 2 brilliant clips and then they would have a featured artist like Joe Jackson, or whatever, and even though I would love to see those 2 great clips I couldn't find myself requesting such a show.

Hunters & Collectors are obviously a band that will divide us on this forum. Jason, there is an interesting aspect you may want to consider when suggesting the David Sylvian Rock Arena as it's almost ironic but H&C also feature on it as follows:

ID: 188507 - ROCK ARENA - PROGRAM

duration: 60.23
summary: SUZANNE DOWLING INTERVIEWS DAVID SYLVIAN & TALKS ABOUT HIS CAREER WITH 'JAPAN' AND AS A SOLO ARTIST SHOWING CLIPS 'SWING','NIGHTPORTER','VISIONS OF CHINA','RED GUITAR' & 'SILVER MOON'. OTHER VIDEO CLIPS SHOWN ARE HUNTERS & COLLECTORS 'THE WAY TO GO OUT','I BELIEVE','EVERYTHING'S ON FIRE' AND 'IS THERE ANYBODY IN THERE' AND SWEETHEARTS OF THE RODEO 'SINCE I FOUND YOU'

I would be happy if we got that Rock 'n' Roll Ladies episode featuring Sharon O'Neill. I had suggested it in previous years but didn't this year, don't know why as I should have - it's a great episode. I will have to get on to it earlier next year.

Re: Rock Arena

I ahve stopped asking for I'm Talking as ten years worth and being ignored made me get the message. What annoys me is that rage have their tastes of playing things like Hunters & Collectors and The Kinks live but NOT I'm Talking.

Obviously they are to danceable and funky for them :-(

I generally ALWAYS prefer Rovk Arena's with video clips from many artists as if one doesn't like a band then the whole show is pretty much just that artist.

The the David Sylvian episode, I could cope with Unters for a bit because the immaculate Sylvian is on it!

BUT why Rock Arena would mix the GENIUS of Japan and Sylvian with Hunters And Collector's is BEYOND ME!

I do like Hunters & Collector's first album but after that they lost there New Wave Post Punk sound and went all MMM :-(

Re: Rock Arena

If they don't show I'm Talking this year then I'll run you off a copy. We'll wait and see what the next 3 weeks throws up first.